"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC - Season 2

Hello!
Here is a wrap-up post for all of Season 2 in my Robin Hood BBC watch-along!

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments will have spoilers.

Robin Hood BBC - Season 2 (2007):

Based on the Robin Hood legends:
Robin Hood and his gang steal from the rich, give to the poor, and bring peace and justice to Nottingham! (For more detail look at each episode's review)
Episodes:
Episode 1: "Sisterhood"
Episode 2: "The Booby and the Beast"
Episode 3: "Childhood"
Episode 4: "The Angel of Death"
Episode 5: "Ducking and Diving"
Episode 6: "For England!"
Episode 7: "Show Me the Money!"
Episode 8: "Get Carter!"
Episode 9: "Lardner's Ring"
Episode 10: "Walkabout"
Episode 11: "Treasure of the Nation"
Episode 12: "A Good Day to Die"
Episode 13: "We are Robin Hood!"
My Favorite(s): 
"Sisterhood",
"The Booby and the Beast",
"Treasure of the Nation."
My Least Favorite(s):
"Walkabout"
"We are Robin Hood".
Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 8.
Script: 9.
Crew:
Directed by:
David Evans
Ciaran Donnelly
Matthew Evans
James Erskine
Roger Goldby
Created by:
Fox Allan
Dominic Minghella
Starring:
Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood.
Keith Allan as Vaisey, Sheriff of Nottingham.
Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisborne.
Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale.
Michael Elwyn as Edward.
Anjali Jay as Djaq.
Sam Throughton as Much.
Harry Lloyd as Will Scarlet.
Gordon Kennedy as Little John.
Lucy Griffiths as Marian.
Sara Stewart as Davina.
Dexter Fletcher as Count Friedrich
George Anton as Stephan.
Adam J. Brown as Daniel.
Geff Francis as the Smith.
Adam Parkinson as Mark.
Sean Murry as Dan Scarlet.
Christian Cook as Luke.
Ralf Little as Joseph.
Hannah Storey as Sarah.
Henriett Tanai as Jess.
Josie Lawrence as Matilda.
Matt Devere as Henry of Lowes.
David Bamber as Physician Blight.
Sarah Howarth as Rosa.
Denis Lawson as Windchester.
John Hopkins as John of York.
Tony Slattery as the Canon of Birkley.
Fernanda Dorogi as Beatrice.
Joseph Kennedy as Carter.
Mathew Horne as The Fool.
Lee Ross as Sir Jasper.
Charlie Brooks as Ceris.
Alex Valentin Herceg  as Ceris's Child 1.
Fremont Farkas as Ceris's Child 2.
Kada Haala as Ceris's Child 3.
Stephen Beckett as Legrand.
Andy Hefler as Paxton.
Paul Usher as Ellingham.
Nadim Sawalha as Bassam.
Steven Waddington as King Richard.
Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price.
Quotes: 9.
Storyline: 7.
Good For: Robin Hood fans!!
Overall Score: 9!

Thank you so much for reading! Sorry this is a little late.

MovieCritic

6 comments:

  1. Season 2 is my favourite season!
    The best episodes were probably 1,2,7,8 and 9. Wow, a lot again :) Least favourite is 13(of course).
    Sadly, season 3 is here. It has some good parts, but with Marian dead, Will and Djaq gone, Robin outrageous...*deep sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think Season 2 might be my favorite too!
      I did really like episode 9. :) Yes, 13 is not fun at all.
      And..the try to replace them in season 3. The best character in season 3 is Friar Tuck. :)

      Thanks for chatting through-out this season!

      Delete
  2. Season 2 is the best!!! Except the sad part, we all know what that means. :(

    It has good characters, lovely scenery, sad parts, happy parts, funny parts and whatnot. It had some great episodes and some aren't so lovely.

    I am looking forward to your review of season 3. However that season isn't so fun, it has some good, lovely and funny things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I can never decide if season 2 or season 1 is my favorite!

      Oh definitely! A big "YES" to all of those things!!

      Yes, I am excited, too! I am hoping I won't be so biased this time around. And sad things, and annoying things (coughKatecough) but I do think it is a good season!

      Thanks for commenting all through this season, Rachel!!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles