"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 3, Episode 2: "Cause and Effect"

Hi Everybody!
Here we are, season 3, episode 2 in my Robin Hood BBC watch-along! This isn't one of my favorites because we meet the infamous Kate, but it is an okay episode.
How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments will have spoilers.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 3, Episode 2: "Cause and Effect" (2009):
Based on the Robin Hood legends:
"Me and my men will fight for what's right, we will take from the rich to give to the poor for a fairer world."
When warriors from Ireland, Finn and Tiernan, make an agreement with the Sheriff that he will supply them with an army. What army? The villagers. Robin has to stop them.
"Robin...Hood...just a bothersome little fly."
Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 8, they are okay.
My favorite: I could never get a good picture of it, but it is Kate's purple dress.
Script: 9,
"Stories are important, stronger than truth."
Crew:
Directed by: Douglas Mackinnon.
Created by:
Fox Allan
Dominic Minghella
Starring:
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood.
2. Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisborne.
3. Keith Allan as Vaisey, Sheriff of Nottingham.
4. William Houston as Finn.
5. Martin Delaney as Tiernan.
6. Joanne Froggatt as Kate.
7. Matthew Forbes as Matthew.
8. Sam Throughton as Much.
9. David Harewood as Friar Tuck.
10. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale.
"The people have endured far worse."
Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price.
Quotes: 8, "It must be cold in this English air because you're not thinking straight."
Storyline: 6, so, there is a very, very, very suggestive thing, death, people with tattoos, and fighting.
"And you think the idea of Robin Hood is more important than his life?"
Overall Score: 8.

Thank you so much for reading!!!! Please be sure to tell what you think about this episode!

MovieCritic

4 comments:

  1. Loved this episode! Except the fact we meet Kate.

    When I first met her, I thought she would be so different, not so annoying. Actually, they wanted to replace Marian, but they didn't succeed.
    NO ONE CAN REPLACE MARIAN!! NOOO ONE!! Sorry for the shoutout, I couldn't help it.

    Robin gets captured and is locked in a dark cell and later someone called Finn, isn't that his name, is joining him too. Don't know why he is going in prison, but never mind.

    Kate her brother is killed by Guy of Gisborne and she blames Robin. She is very angry of him, but later she suddenly changes, she likes him. Ugh, Kate, be normal!

    Lovely review MovieCritic! I love chatting with you about the three seasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything was pretty good, except that.

      Yes! I thought that she would be nice! I did think that she was just a character for that episode, but I didn't think that she would continue or be so annoying. SHOUT ALL YOU LIKE!!! That is why this post is here, to talk, shout, and debate Robin Hood BBC!! Marian is the best character in the whole series, no one can replace her!!!

      Yes, Finn is his name, and he tries to break Robin out, but his brother tells on him, so he gets put in there too. But, they escape, and what an escape!!!!

      Her brother was killed only because Guy was threatening to kill Kate unless Robin came out, and Robin did come out, but Matthew got worried and tried to save her. "Kate, be normal!" I like that!!

      Thank you! I have loved chatting with you!!!

      Delete
  2. I didn't like this episode that much. This is were we meet Kate and it's just, all in all, not my favourite(Kate is so annoying). It was funny though when Robin escaped and the sherrif was so mad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were likable bits, and unlikable bits. I didn't like it the first time I saw it, but I didn't mind it this time. Everything Robin does is in style, and escaping prison is no exception! :)

      Thanks for your comment, Ruth! (By the way, I really like your new profile picture!)

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles