"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 3, Episode 5: "Let The Games Commence"

Hello!
I'm sorry these posts have been a bit wacky, I have been very busy. Anyway, this is season 3, episode 5 in my Robin Hood BBC watch-along! The dreaded episode where we meet Isabella.
How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments will have spoilers.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 3, Episode 5: "Let The Games Commence" (2009):
Based on the Robin Hood legends:
Robin meets a "damsel in distress", Isabella, where she is helping her mistress escape. Robin will make sure she gets safely to Nottingham.
"Why aren't they attacking us?"
"Pity for us if they did."
Guy is on a mission, he will kill Robin Hood.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 8, I've got to admit, Isabella has some great outfits. But, there are long scenes where people are not wearing shirts.
My favorite:
Sorry, you can't really see it!
Script: 7, some bad words.
"Will it be necessary to hold hands through-out?"
Crew:
Directed by: Patrick Lau.
Created by:
Fox Allan
Dominic Minghella

Starring:
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood.
2. Lara Pulver as Isabella. "Good-bye, Isabella."
3. Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisborne.
4. Keith Allan as Vaisey, Sheriff of Nottingham.
5. Gordon Kennedy as Little John.
6. Denise Black as Bertha.
7. James Buckley as Walt.
8. Joanne Froggat as Kate.
9. David Harewood as Tuck.
10. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale.
Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price.
Quotes: 8, "I was getting that impression already, but thank you for the advice!"
Storyline: 9, there is only some suggestive stuff and fighting.
Good For: Robin Hood fans!
Overall Score: 9!

Thanks for reading! What did you think of this episode?

MovieCritic

4 comments:

  1. Didn't really liked this episode!

    OOHH NOOO! ISABELLA!!! Go away, we don't want you in the show! Okay, that sounds very harsh. But I just don't like her, that's the problem.

    When we watched Robin Hood bbc season 3 for the first time, I thought Kate and Isabella would be very nice girls who are helping Robin and join the gang. But then they changed and I decided not to like them. Although, if I had to choose between Kate or Isabella, I would choose Kate.

    Oh, this is the episode where John joins a group of artists who are playing a game in the castle, isn't it? Where John has to fight with another person and the person tries to kill John, but a little boy warns him and saves him. So, the woman wants to sell the boy, but eventually John saves him. Isn't that true??

    I must admit that I really like some of Isabella's costumes. Very medieval. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here!!

      Yes!!! "Good-bye Isabella!" If only when Robin said that it was true!!!

      Yes! Me too! And in one scene in this episode Kate and Isabella are working together and it reminded me of my sister and I. But, then they turn to enemies and they both get so annoying!!!!!! Yes, if I, too, had to choose I would choose Kate over Isabella!

      Yes it is. The lady, Bertha, knows Vaisey and he wants her to give her most of the money she gets, but instead she says what if she killed one of Robin Hood's men? How did she know Little John was one of Robin Hood's men?

      I don't like Isabella, but her costumes are fabulous!!!! :)

      Thanks for commenting, Rachel! (I like your new profile picture!)

      Delete
  2. I didn't really like this one. Little John with those children and that woman, Bertha. And Isabella coming in. I didn't like her from the start. I wish she disappeared from the series again. But I can wish for so many things ;)
    The yellow dress Isabella wore was pretty. She wore pretty dresses, I'll have to admit that. Some of them, no, but a lot were very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I liked Walt, but not Bertha, she was not nice. No!! Not Isabella!!!! I thought she would be so different! I, too, wish she had gone back to where she had come from! Yes, I guess that is true. :)
      That one was very pretty! Some of them were kind of low but some were really nice!

      Thanks for chatting with me!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles