"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Friday, August 11, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 3, Episode 1: "Total Eclipse"

Hello Everybody!
Wow! We are finally here, Season 3 of my Robin Hood BBC watch-along! I can't wait to see what everyone thinks of it! For this episode I was trying to save it for the day of the eclipse, August 21, but I have a lot more posts to do before this ends. But, this is in the spirit of the 2017 solar eclipse!
(This is from this episode!)
How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments will have spoilers.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 1, Episode 1: "Total Eclipse" (2009):
Based on the Robin Hood legends:
"And yet, everywhere I hear one name...coming from the mouths of children, one name whispered in hope, one name that keeps the flame of England burning...Robin Hood!"
Back at home Robin is having some problems, he needs to work them out so he can be the people's hero! Also, finally we meet Friar Tuck!
"He's become a significant pain in the prince's backside!" Robin, not Tuck.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 7, in this episode there is a lot of war style leather (that is all I can think of to describe it) which is a little weird. And there are a few episodes where people are not wearing shirts.
Script: 8, there are two bad words, but the rest of this episode's script is amazingly good!! As Tuck puts it, they are "Glorious thought(s)!"
Crew:
Directed by: Douglas Mackinnon.
Created by:
Fox Allan
Dominic Minghella
Starring:
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood. "A legend reborn..."
2. Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisborne.
3. Keith Allan as Vaisey, Sheriff of Nottingham.
4. David Harewood as Friar Tuck.
"Who are you!?"
"Tall, dark, stranger?"
5. Sam Throughton as Much.
6. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale.
7. Gordon Kennedy as Little John.
8. Lee Ross as Sir Jasper.
9. Ellie Darcey-Alden as Mary.
10. Alexis Latham as Abel.
"I said terrible things to those men...the bravest men in England..."
Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price.
Quotes: 10! "My father used to say that when we die we become stars. If that's true, this time tomorrow we could be lighting up the sky."
Notes: Don't follow their example: NEVER look at the sun, even during an eclipse!!!!
Storyline: 8, there is fighting, and some gruesome things, but it isn't a bad episode. The best in season 3!
Good For: Robin Hood fans!
Overall Score: 8!

Sorry, I got a little carried away with the pictures. Thank you so much for reading! Please tell me what you think of this episode!

MovieCritic

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I LOVE your new princess-themed header!!! XD

    (I know, that has nothing to do with this review.)

    Great review, too, btw:)

    ButmanIlovethatheader. Like seriously. Love it. Ok. I'm done now. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, though I cannot take any credit. Olivia at Meanwhile in Rivendell... (https://meanwhileinrivendel.blogspot.com/) made it.

      Thank you! :)

      She has more free headers that you can take, so go check it out! :D

      Delete
  2. This episode was of course great because Tuck was finally in and Kate wasn't in yet(;)), but I was still, when I watched it, a bit distraught because Marian died and Will and Djaq stayed. And then Robin is running through the forest, so incredibly mad. And John, Allan and Much trying to stop him. Robin insulting everyone.
    'And what are you going to do, Allan? Hey? Betray us again?' That was mean for Allan, Robin, and you shouldn't have said that. Because of Allan, Robin eventually still married Marian, without him Robin and the gang wouldn't even know that Marian was gone to the Holy Land. Think about that before you just go insulting someone. But he was sorry later. That idea of Tuck with the eclipse and Robin coming back, that was great! I really like Tuck and I think he should have been in the series more often and sooner by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely! A Kate-free episode! When I watched it the first time I, too, was very distraught, but so I could review it I was determind to not be and to not be biased about this episode.
      Robin even knocked out Little John! And he was being so incredibley mean to everyone else! Especially Allan. Allan was the one who saved them from the army, they never would have gotten out of there any other way! And if he had not left the Sheriff, Robin would never have known that The Sheriff and Guy and Marian were gone to kill the king!!!
      Tuck has some good ideas and I do think he is the best character in season 3. I, too, wish we had seem him earlier!

      Thanks for you comment, Ruth!

      Delete
  3. First of all, nothing to do with this post, I LOVE your header! It's so lovely.

    Trouble begins in season 3 already. Robin wants revenge for the death of Marian. Actually, I can't blame him, I would be mourning to when my beloved almost husband died, which I don't have, but just imagine.
    But, taking revenge doesn't solve anything. So, Robin is being mean to everyone and knocks out John.

    Guy and Robin fight, Guy throws Robin into the water, and Guy things Robin is dead and tells the sheriff. But the sheriff wants to see his body, so Guy arrange a search party with some soldiers.

    In this episode we meet Tuck. I like him. He saves Robin and lets him believe that the people need him. So, they set up a plan and Robin is back again.
    But, this was a Kate-free episode,like Ruth said, next episode we meet Kate. Eeekk. :|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Olivia at Meanwhile in Rivendell... made it!!

      That is the bit of this episode that I don't like. What is it with revenge!? Revenge solves nothing. Forgiveness solves a lot. I don't blame him for being very sad, we all are. But that doesn't give him an excuse to be mean!

      Oh, I don't like all the fighting! Can't they just talk it out? But, they won't find his body. As Jasper says "Surprise, surprise."

      I really do like Tuck! I think that he brings a lotof wisdom into the gang! Next, we will meet Kate. I'm starting to feel sorry for her, anybody who watches Robin Hood BBC doesn't like her!

      Thanks for talking!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles