"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 3, Episode 7: "Too Hot to Handle"

Hello all you Robin Hood fans!
"Well I am punctual if nothing else." Not true, I'm sorry this episode is late. Today's season is 3, and today's episode is 7 in my Robin Hood BBC watch-along! This is one of the few episodes that I had forgotten.
(This is from this episode!)
How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments will have spoilers.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 3, Episode 7: "Too Hot to Handle" (2009):
Based on the legends of Robin Hood:
"The only problem is that people insist on adoring him still."
Drought is everywhere in Nottingham. Only Prince John has water. Robin must get the people water before they die of thirst.
"Look, I have no interest on being on the politically losing side."
Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 6, they aren't that good, and there is a long scene where someone is in their underclothes.
Script: 8, there is some taking the Lord's name in vain.
"They have nothing, yet I envy them."
Crew:
Directed by: John Greening.
Created by:
Fox Allan
Dominic Minghella
Starring: 
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood. "I am who I am."
2. Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisborne.
3. Lara Pulver as Isabella.
4. Toby Stephens as Prince John.
5. Joanne Frogatt as Kate.
6. David Harewood as Friar Tuck.
7. Rebecca Callard as Eleanor.
8. Sam Throughton as Much.
9. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale.
10. Matt Devere as Jack.
Music: 10! Natalie is the one who pointed this out, there is a noticeable change in the music here.
Music by: Andy Price.
Quotes: 8, "Now, surely you can't be angry with me for letting you have your own way?"
Storyline: 6, there is kissing, fighting, very suggestive stuff, gross stuff, and death. There are bits of this episode where you will be yelling at the screen.
Good For: Robin Hood fans.
Overall Score: 8!

I'm sorry for the lack of photos, I couldn't find very many!
Thank you so much for reading! Does this episode make you mad, too?

MovieCritic

11 comments:

  1. These titles are so perfect.
    Also, I love the new header!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes they are!
      Thank you! Olivia at Meanwhile in Rivendell... made it! :D

      Delete
  2. Prince John gets meaner and meaner.

    There is a big drought and the people barely have water. So, prince John has quite a lot of water, instead of giving it free, the people must may a lot of money to have some water. They don't have the water, so there is a quarrel and one guy gets drowned, which is not fun.

    Robin and the gang tries to save the people. They are searching for the water, but with no luck. Eventually they find and all the water goes back to the rivers.

    The scenes with Robin and Isabella waren't fun at all. Ugh. NO. NEVER. Marian. I wish she was here. Yes, I WISH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prince John! What is wrong with him!?

      People are so close to dying or thirst and Prince John has all the water, but won't give it to anyone!!!! Except if they pay!! That part were the man gets drowned is not fun at all! That was so mean of Prince John!

      I am so glad that they fixed it, I was really worried about those people. And Prince John's greediness was reveiled to everyone!!

      Noo!!! Why did they have to do that? Isabella is bad, not good. I, too, wish Marian was here. :'(

      Thanks for chatting!

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, this episode made me so mad!! Robin in the well with Isabella, and Isabella talking on and on about her dream. I mean, she can have dreams, of course. But when Robin says he can't have another dream again, she shouldn't be so mad and turn against him. You don't do that.
    'I'm not her.' Yes, that's true, Isabella. You're not Marian, and you never will be. Marian is far nicer, and braver, and better. And Kate being so dumb to get herself inprisoned(why does she always get in trouble? It's always Kate who gets in trouble) And then the water that finally came, after they gave up hope. Happy day! And Robin giving Isabella the strawberries, while he could have given it to the poor, who have much more need for it. The part where Eleanor says that they called their son Robin and Robin like:
    'I'm honored.'
    'No, there was a little robin sitting on his crib when he was born.' Allan had to laugh. Yeah, Robin looked a bit foolish when he just assumed that they called the boy after him. But that was the truth, she just joked :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, was so mad with this episode! I was yelling at the screen I was so mad! I wish Robin had just told Isabella what he had told her earlier, basically "Be quiet, Isabella!"
      Isabella is mean, evil, selfish, and greedy. Marian is kind, loving, gentle, brave, a leader. Isabella is NOTHING like Marian. And Kate is just annoying. She always gets herself caught then says that she can take care of herself, if she could take care of herself she wouldn't have gotten caught!
      Why did Robin give Isabella strawberries!? They had water in them and they could have helped people who didn't have an endless supply of water!! Marian wouldn't have accepted, she would have given it to someone in need!
      I was laughing with Allan, Robin was silly to just assume it even though it was true. :)

      Delete
  4. Sorry, I commented before I was ready ;) That part where Robin sees Eleanor and Jack with the baby, and thinks back of Marian. When he was in the well, I think he thought of Marian too, when Isabella was talking about a happy future. I truly believe that he was thinking of her, and the life they could have had together. I just wanted to mention that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that all the time. ;)
      That is the big thing with the music in this episode is that whenever Isabella is talking about her dream, or Robin sees the couple with the baby, special music plays. Do you remember that whenever Marian was in a part, then her theme song played? It was playing all the time in this episode!!!

      Thanks for posting a couple of comments! ;)

      Delete
    2. Yes, I remember. They even called it: ''Marian's Theme'' And I love the theme song, it is one of my favourites.

      Delete
  5. Then I mean, Marian's Theme Song ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Marian! She is the best! Oh yes, the music is so fabulous in Robin Hood BBC! My sisters don't like it *gasps* but they will. :)

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles