"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 3, Episode 6: "Do You Love Me?"

Hey Everybody!
How's it going? Right now we are at season 3 episode 6 in my Robin Hood BBC watch-along!
How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments will have spoilers.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 3, Episode 6: "Do You Love Me?" (2009):
Based on the legends of Robin Hood:
"We stop him from stealing the crown by stealing his gold."
Prince John is trying to find a way to show the people that he is the rightful king, and he is trying to find who is truly loyal to him. Robin needs to find a way to get Prince John's money.
"That's nothing to be proud of is it? Sharing hate?"
Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 8, there is a scene where someone isn't wearing a shirt and some of the costumes are sort of low.
My favorite: Kate's blue dress.
Script: 9, "You're still alive, how surprising."
Crew:
Directed by: Patrick Lau.
Created by:
Fox Allan
Dominic Minghella
Starring:
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood.
2. Keith Allan as Vaisey, Sheriff of Nottingham.
3. Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisborne.
4. Toby Stephens as Prince John. "Long live me!"
5. Lara Pulver as Isabella. "Oh you adorable girl!"
6. Joanne Frogatt as Kate.
7. Elliot Levey as Benjamin.
8. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale,
9. Sam Throughton as Much.
10. David Harewood as Friar Tuck.
Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price.
Quotes: 9,
"How many men has he got?"
"Thousands!"
"No!!"
"Hundreds."
"Much!"
"I didn't actually stop to count them."
Storyline: 6, there is a burning of a church, kissing, gruesome talk and images, death, and suggestive stuff.
"If it makes any difference, sire, I don't agree with them."
Good For: Robin Hood fans.
Overall Score: 8!
Source: 
"It does sound good!"

Thanks for reading! This is one of my least favorite episodes, what do you think of it?

MovieCritic

4 comments:

  1. Prince John isn't fun at all. He's quite crazy. You must be very crazy to burn a church full with people. He doesn't even thinks about what the effects are. So, he says he wants to know the people better, and that he wants that they love him. You don't burn a church down, people will be scared for you. Don't they?

    Robin finds a way to steal prince John his money, YES!!! Give it to the poor Robin! You go! (I keep saying that, aren't I?)

    Isabella helps to save the church with Robin, which was actually kind of her. But I still don't like her, she becomes very evil after a few episodes.
    NOT FUN ISABELLA, not fun. Robin is so foolish to like to girls. Isabella and Kate. WHICH IS HORRIBLE!!! Because he said he would not forget Marian, but eventually he wants to forget her.

    Didn't liked this episodes so much. Not one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prince John is so devious! He doesn't understand the idea of the people loving him, if you burn their church down with THEM IN IT then they are going to dislike you not love you! Then he has people kill eachother for sport!!

      Yes! Great job!! Yes, you go Robin! (I don't think you can say that enough!)

      That was very nice of her, but I really did not like this episode because it was the first episode that Robin kissed her! Why, Robin, why!!?? It makes me so sad!!! I guess he wants to forget Marian so he can focas on helping the poor, like how he needed to forget the Holy Land (episode 12 in season 2) but he didn't need to go after other girls!!!!

      Yes same here. But thank you for commenting even though it isn't one of your favorites!!

      Delete
  2. This was not my favourite! Although Prince John is so weird that it's almost funny, but still...not my favourite. Isabella had some...nice moments. Like when she said: 'That's not something to be proud of, sharing hatred, is it?' That is true. And she helped with bringing water to the church do lower the fire and tries to talk sense into Prince John. But still, I don't like her. Nor this episode that much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "This episode I do not like" to paraphrase Little John. The actor is excellent for Prince John, but the character is not a nice one. Isabella was nice in this episode, but she kissed Robin!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ROBIN!!?? It made me so mad the first time I wanted to quit watching the show.

      Thanks for commenting, Ruth!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles