"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 2, Episode 7: "Show me the Money"

Hi Everybody!
Welcome once again to my Robin Hood BBC watch-along! This is season 2, episode 7!

How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments will have spoilers.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 2, Episode 7: "Show me the Money" (2007):

Based on the Robin Hood legends:
"So, we're robbing from the rich to give to the rich? Right..."
"Trust me! I have a plan!"
John of York needs help, his bride is being kept by the Canon of Birkley and he needs to pay, but he doesn't have enough money. Robin has a plan of how to help, and get the Sheriff's pact.
"This is getting better and better."

Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 7, once again, some of them don't match the time period.
Script: 9,
"I cannot live in the forest."
"Why not?"
"Because green does not suit me."

Crew:
Directed by: James Erskine
Created by:
Fox Allan
Dominic Minghella
Starring:
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood.

2. Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisbourne.
3. Keith Allan as Vaisey, Sheriff of Nottingham.
4. John Hopkins as John of York. 
"Is he mad?"
"Yes, he's in love."
5. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale.
6. Micheal Elwyns as Edward.
7. Lucy Griffith as Marian.
8. Tony Slattery as the Canon of Birkley.
9. Fernanda Dorogi as Beatrice.
10. Anjali Jay as Djaq.
Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price.
Quotes: 10, "It's good to dream."
Storyline: 8, there are things to do with religion, there is death, and fighting. Something weird happened to me while I was watching this, it might happen to you too.

Good For: Robin Hood fans!
Overall Score: 9!

Thanks for reading! I would love to hear what you think of this episode!

MovieCritic

4 comments:

  1. This was a favourite of mine, although Edward died :(
    At least now Marian went to the forest with Robin. And they had the pact. And then the end, the trap wasn't removed yet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a good episode, besides that. I didn't cry the first time, but when I just watched it for this, I did cry.
      Yay! I am glad, even if it is temporary.
      They always forget something!!!

      Thanks for chatting!

      Delete
  2. This is one of my favorite episodes of season 2. However, it wasn't really fun that Edward died.

    But Marian did go and live with Robin in the forest, that was lovely. And they have the pact, everything is good.

    True love always wins, well mostly. I don't like the father of the girl who John of York loved. He is selfish and wants more money than John can pay.

    "I cannot live in the forest."
    "Why not?"
    "Because green does not suit me.'' That is so funny. Everything suits Marian. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a good episode but it is a little cry worthy.

      I was so relieved, it was nice while it lasted. Robin and Marian together in the forest at last! For awhile at least.

      Yes! "Twue wove," (Have you seen The Princess Bride?)
      The Canon was not nice at all.

      You are so right! Everything does suit Marian!

      Thank you for commenting!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles