"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Monday, July 31, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 2, Episode 6: "For England!"

Hello!
I am so sorry this is dreadfully late, but here we are again for my Robin Hood BBC watch-along!

How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments will have spoilers.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 2, Episode 6: "For England!" (2007):

Based on the Robin Hood legends:
"Why does he always do this? Why does he always, always, do this?"
The Sheriff is celebrating the King's birthday, but he is actually gathering his friends to sign a pact that will make him more powerful! Robin and his gang must stop him!!
"We're going to the castle."
"Why?"
"To save England!"

Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 7, I am not sure how relevant to the time period some of them are, and there is a scene where someone isn't wearing a shirt.
My favorite:

Script: 9,
"Am I so easily won?"
"You must be the least easily won woman in all of England."
Crew:
Directed by: James Erskine
Created by:
Fox Allan
Dominic Minghella
Starring:
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood.

2. Keith Allan as Vaisey, Sherrif of Nottingham.
3. Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisbourne.
4. Sam Throughton as Much.
5. Harry Lloyd as Will Scarlet. "You crafty craftsman!"
6. Denis Lawson as Windchester.
7. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale.
8. Anjali Jay as Djaq.
9. Michael Elwyns as Edward.
10. Lucy Griffiths as Marian.
Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price.
Quotes: 9, "Even on a bad day there is always something good."

Storyline: 7, there is death, gruesome things, fighting, suggestive things. But, it is an okay episode.
Good For: Robin Hood fans!
Overall Score: 8!

Thank you so much for reading! What do you think about this episode?

MovieCritic

4 comments:

  1. I didn't really like this episode. It was okay, but not my favourite. The man and Marian, Robin Hood and Allan fighting above a boiling pot, Robin dressing as one of the Black Knights and trying to kill everyone. The letter he wrote to Marian was sad, though. And the face Will made when the guard discovered the sword in the harp, but though he just broke it. And those silly clothes they're wearing. :) It was a nice episode, but again, not my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, same here. I didn't like the man, he was a traitor. And Robin with Allan fighting, Robin almost lost when he saw Marian chained up, it distracted him. That letter was very sad!
      "Who's is this?"
      "It's mine."
      "Oh, this came off."
      They all thought they were going to get in trouble!!

      Thanks for your comment!!!

      Delete
  2. Ooohh, this episode. DON'T like this one.

    That man who handcuffed Marian and who commanded that she stays with him. She refused, but I didn't worked. Even Guy didn't do the trouble to save her from that awful man. Not so brave of you Guy.
    Robin Hood dressing himself as one of the black knights, I'd say it is very risky. Of course the sheriff is prepared for you Robin, you can't defeat the sheriff, how hard you try, you won't succeed.

    That letter Robin wrote for Marian, that was sad and lovely at the same time. I hope they eventually get together, no worries for both of them and that they can live happily. :)

    Those silly clothes, hahaha, made me laugh. And the face Will makes when the guard almost discovers their wapens, that's funny too.

    It is a lovely and funny episode, but not my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is not my favorite.

      Winchester was not nice at all! Guy did try to save her at first, but then the Sheriff talked him out of it. Come on, Guy! What was the deal there? But then the Sheriff did have a plan.
      That wasn't a good idea, Robin. Nottingham would be destroyed if it had worked!

      Very much so! It was very rude of the gang to read it. I hope they do to, that would just be so good!!!

      Which one of the gang came up with those clothes? They are so crazy!!!

      Yes, same here.

      Thanks for your comment, Rachel!!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles