"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 2, Episode 1: "Sisterhood"

Hello!
Here we are beginning season 2 of my Robin Hood BBC watch-along!
(This picture is from this episode)
How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments will have spoilers.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 2, Episode 1: "Sisterhood" (2007):

Based on the legends of Robin Hood:
"We are not just six outlaws in the forest, we are the spirit of England."
Robin Hood and his "Merry Men" attack a group of travelers who have a "boss lady" who is carrying the Sheriff's insignia. What does it mean?
Robin tries to save a woman who is taking a punishment for her children. Will it work?
"If we have learned one thing today, it's that you're never going to Nottingham alone ever again."

Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 6, some of them do not go in the time period, and there are a few scenes were someone isn't wearing a shirt.
My favorite: I don't really like any of them in here, but this one is okay.

Script: 9,
"I don't want to hurt you."
"How chivalrous."
Crew:
Directed by: Ciaran Donnelly
Created by:
Fox Allan
Dominic Minghella
Starring:
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood. "Does nobody love you?"

2. Keith Allan as Vaisey, Sheriff of Nottingham.
3. Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisbourne.
4. Sara Stewart as Davina.
5. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale.
"You're not weak."
"No, but I might get weak."
6. Michael Elwyn as Edward.
7. Anjali Jay as Djaq.
8. Sam Throughton as Much.
9. Harry Lloyd as Will Scarlet.
10. Gordon Kennedy as Little John.
"We're the ones who make our supposed betters look good."

Music: 10! Though, I don't like the theme as much as the first season.
Music by: Andy Price.
Quotes: 9, "I didn't want to see you cry."

Storyline: 6, there is death, fighting, gross things, torture, scary things, kissing. But this is one of my favorite episode in this season. I have no idea why.

Good For: Robin Hood fans!
Overall Score: 8!

Thank you so much for reading!!! What do you like/don't like, about this episode?

MovieCritic

4 comments:

  1. Here we come season 2!!!

    I don't really like this episode. The episode where we meet Davina, the sheriff his sister. She has a chest with snakes in it, who she calls her children. Weird isn't it? No one can touch her children, she says.

    Oh and that trap they set for Robin. He is so foolish to step in the trap. So, they capture Robin and put him in the dungeons. Not for so long, because the sheriff and Davina has set a slowly death for him, with Davina's snakes. NOT so fun, but we all know that Robin eventually rescues himself. Because, Robin can't die. So, he escaped and then Davina comes in the room, telling him things, can't remember what, and then she falls into her own trap, a hole full of snakes. And then she got bit by one, and dies in the arms of her brother. I must say it is quite sad, because it is not fun seeing somebody die. But I didn't felt sorry for her. I'm awful, I am. Now the sheriff is so angry, that he wants Robin dead. You run Robin, you run!!!

    This isn't my favourite episode.

    Was this the episode with Robin pretend to be dead? Can't remember if it was this episode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited!

      Yes, I am actually terrified of snakes, so I don't like that part of it, but I guess my favorite part is where Marian thought Robin was dead, but then shows up and I love that scene and the look on her face!!

      That trap they set for Robin was not nice. When I first saw this I was confused, but I wasn't worried because I know that as it was the beginning of the season, Robin wouldn't die, but I was wondering how he would get out. I, too, didn't really feel sorry when Davina died. As you say it is not nice to see someone die, and it was sad because I have sisters so I can see why the Sheriff was really sad.

      He pretended to be dead at the beginning, it looked like he had been shot with an arrow, but it was a mask.

      Thank you so much for commenting!!!

      Delete
  2. This was one of my favourites too! For some unexplainable reason :)
    At last, we see a more emotional side of Sherrif Vaisey. And it's the first time we get introduced to The Black Knights.
    Marian tried to save Robin, but then the sherrif shouted, as she ran away from the guards: ''Save your efforts, my friend! Robin Hood is already dead!'' And then she thinks it is true, runs into the village, just takes a dress of a line and goes crying in a corner. Of course, that is understandable, because it is Robin who she thinks is dead. And then the look on both their faces when they meet again. I love that part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just appeals to me in some way! :)
      I liked how nice Vaisey was to his sister, he is never nice to anyone. The Black Knights are a little creepy. :/
      I love that part! That is probably why this is one of my favorite episodes! Even though Marian had been through so much in this episode, she still tried to save Robin! It really shows how much she loves him! <3 The look on both their faces, <3!

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles