"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 1, Episode 7: "Brothers in Arms"

Hello!
Number seven post is here in my Robin Hood BBC watch-along! I try to do a good review, but the video I watched for this episode wasn't in very good condition, so I could only really hear it and see shadows and things.

(This photo is from this episode.)
How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 1, Episode 7: "Brothers in Arms" (2006):

Based on the legends of Robin Hood:
"Lucky" George is a merchant who will give money for villagers valuables, but he isn't giving enough money, this needs to be stopped.
"This, my friends, is an ambush."

Tom, is Allan's brother but is he trustworthy?
"He couldn't tell the truth to save his life."
"Runs in the family then."

In the castle everything that happens seems to get known to Robin Hood.
"We have a spy amongst us."

Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 7, a few of them don't really work in the time period.
"Maybe if you try wearing a dress."
"I will if you will."
My favorite: I don't really have a favorite, but I'll put this one:

Script: 8, "The truth is this country is being choked to death..."
Crew:
Directed by: Declan O'Dwye
Created by:
Foz Allan
Dominic Minghella
Starring:
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood. "You are a good man, Robin. Nothing can change that."
2. Lucy Griffiths as Maid Marian.
3. Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisbourne.

4. Keith Allan as Vaisey, Sheriff of Notingham.
5. Joe Armstong as Allan a Dale.
6. Daniel Abelson as Tom.
7. Charles Dale as "Lucky" George.
8. Rachael St. Rose as Eleri
9. Anjali Jay as Djaq.
10. Michael Elwyn as Edward.
"We have a problem."
"We have many problems, most of them guard shaped."

Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price
Quotes: 9,
"You were looking at me."
"It's just the way my eyes were pointing!"

Storyline: 7, there is death, a little bit of fighting, kissing, and hanging. But it is an okay storyline.
Good For: Robin Hood fans!
Overall Score: 7! (Why are they almost all 7?)

Sorry, once again, I could not get the pictures I wanted. Thank you for reading! What do you think of this episode?

MovieCritic

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, I do not really know about this episode. Allan's brother comes along(and is hanged), Guy is forcing Marian to promise to marry him...I would give it a seven too, your overall scores are really good. I would have shouted ''10!'' for every episode, maybe a few exceptions a nine ;)
    It's really annoying when the sight is foggy and unclear. We watched Poldark, and the sound was off from one scene to the end. Still don't know why.
    Did Allan betray the gang so soon? I thought it was much later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is really nice of you! I thought I would be giving it a "10" for everyone too, but I keep realizing that there is a lot of fighting and things that might be too much for younger viewers.
      It is! All I could really see were outlines and the words were really blurry. It is super annoying too when the sound goes off!
      No, this is in the castle where they think it is a guard, then they think it is Marian (it is) then when Marian proves her "innocence" Guy says the only way he can protect her is by her marrying him.
      Thanks for chatting about this episode with me!

      Delete
  2. Oh, this is the episode where there is the Guy and Marian issue. And the girl with the silver necklace.

    Guy steals the necklace from the girl, gives it to Marian, who wears it when she is visting Robin, who sees the necklace and asks Marian where it comes from, Marian says Robin can give the necklace back to the girl, Guy finds out that Marian doesn't have the necklace, so Robin must quickly find the necklace, and Guy is forcing Marian to marry him. She accepts when the king is returned, which makes Robin sad. Marian says she didn't have a choice.

    Allan's brother comes along in the gang. He says he isn't stealing anymore, but he does. He eventually gets hanged.

    It is quite annoying when you don't have a clear sight of the episode. O no, Allan is betraying the gang so soon. I don't like that. Why Allan, leave the money where it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am not sure whether I like this episode or not. It is really weird with the tax man and the nun, I think they could have had a better storyline.
      I like Marian's speech, "The truth is, this country is being choked to death." But, I don't like how Marian agreed to marry Guy, she claimed that she didn't have a choice, but I think she could have worked something out. I am glad that the girl got her necklace back, though.

      The part with Allan's brother was really sad. But it was really sweet how Djaq was comforting him, and how she told him her back story.

      As I said to Ruth, this isn't the part where Allan betrays the gang, it's the part where they, Guy and Vaisey, think Marian is betraying them.

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles