"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 1, Episode 4: "Parent Hood"

Hello and welcome (back, if you have already been here)!
Here I am for the fourth episode of my Robin Hood BBC watch-along! How can we be on episode four already!? Don't worry, there will be a break tomorrow.

(This photo is from this episode)
How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 1, Episode 4: "Parent Hood." (2006):

Based on the Robin Hood legends:
When Robin and his Merry Men, find a baby in the woods, they are not really sure what to do with it.
"It's a baby."
Meanwhile, the Sheriff and Guy of Gisborne are trying to find some way to get rid of Robin Hood, the man who is the people's hero.
"For every man there is a purpose which he sets up in his life. Let yours be the doing of all good deeds."

Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 7, there is one scene where Robin isn't wearing a shirt, and some of the costumes don't fit the time period.
My favorite:

Script: 8, "We do not believe in harming man nor beast. Vermin, on the other hand..."
Crew:
Directed by: Richard Standeven
Created by:
Dominic Minghella
Foz Allan
Starring:
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood.

2. Lucy Griffiths as Maid Marian.
3. Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisborne.
4. Keith Allan as Vaisey, the Sheriff of Notingham.
5. William Beck as Roy

6. Gordon Kennedy as Little John
7. Joanna Hornton as Annie

8. Matilda Thorpe as Mary
9. Sam Thoughton as Much
10. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale
"That's us lads."

Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price
Quotes: 8,
"Bad idea."
"Oh, and you have a better one?"

Storyline: 5, this may be one of my least favorite episodes. There is fighting, death, and then the subject of the baby. It really isn't good. But, there are heroics, if you like it. I really do not like Guy in this episode.

Good For: Robin Hood fans!
Overall Score: 7!

Thank you so much for reading!

MovieCritic

2 comments:

  1. This is also my least favourite episode. Don't like it.

    The baby issue is quite annoying. Robin is fighting with the baby in his arms, you can definitely see it is a doll. I would not fight with a baby in my arms, to dangerous. They use a doll in quite a lot of scenes. I rather use real baby's, they are much more cute than dolls. Don't like Guy in this episode either.

    Marian tries to go in a camp, she wants to feed the poor people who has some disease, but the guards don't want to let her in. Robin comes to the rescue, which Marian disapproves. She thinks she would eventually the soldiers would let her pass, but that wouldn't.
    Anyway, this is not my favourite episode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this episode is quite annoying!

      You can definitely see that it is a doll! Come on, Robin, why couldn't someone back at camp take care of the baby? It is too risky to just carry it around everywhere! I am really surprised that it did not get hurt! Well, it was a doll, but if it haddn't been it definitely would have gotten hurt!

      It was Marian's plan, and then Robin comes in a puts himself in charge, it was a little annoying, and they were wasting arrows.

      Thank you so much for commenting, Rachel!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles