"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Friday, July 7, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 1, Episode 3: "Who Shot the Sheriff?"

Hello!
Wow! We are already at the third episode in my Robin Hood BBC watch-along!


How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 1, Episode 3: "Who Shot the Sheriff?" (2006):

Based on the legends of Robin Hood:
"You can't believe someone is better than you?"
Robin Hood is being blamed for the killing innocent people, even though he was not part of it! Who is trying to make him look bad? Is it the Night watchman?
"He's making us look like criminals!"
"You know, we are criminals."

Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Mystery.
Costumes: 5, In one part there is where someone isn't wearing much, and I really have know idea what is with Marian's 'camo' dress, it does not fit the time period at all!

My favorite: I'm sorry, this is the best picture I could get. The skirt is a copper-orange color. (Marian, not Guy.)

Script: 8, pretty good, but there is a bad word in the background in one place.
"Do you want clever, or really clever?"
"I want fast."

Crew:
Directed by: Richard Standeven
Created by:
Dominic Minghella
Foz Allan
Starring: 
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood, "My friends think I am vain!"
2. Lucy Griffiths as Marian, "She's guessing, my Lord. She's a girl."
3. Keith Allan as Vaisey, the Sheriff of Notingham
4. Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisborne
5. Kwame Kwei-Armah as De Fourtnoy

6. Thomas Lockyer as Joe
7. Sam Hazeldine as Owen
8. Natasha Alexander as Kate
9. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale, "Oh that makes all the difference."
10. Gordon Kennedy as Little John
"Oh please! You wanted to see the look on her face."

Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price
Quotes: 9,
"You really do think everything is about you."
"Only when it is about me!"
Storyline: 7, There is fighting, and death, but the storyline is okay.
Good For: Robin Hood fans!

Overall Score: 7!

Thank you for reading!!

MovieCritic

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles