"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 2, Episode 2: "The Booby and the Beast"

Hello!
This is the review for season 2, episode 2, in my Robin Hood BBC watch-along! What do you think of this episode?

How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments will have spoilers.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 2, Episode 2: "The Booby and the Beast" (2007):

Based on the legends of Robin Hood:
"Any stone can trigger a trap at anytime."
Sheriff Vaisey (The Beast), is collecting way too many taxes. But Robin Hood and his gang keep stealing them! The Sheriff comes up with a plan, he will invite Count Friedrich (The Booby), a very rich count who loves to gamble, to gamble away his money which the Sheriff will use for his own purposes.
"Lives depend on this."
Robin is going to try to break into the Sheriff's strong room.
"All I'm hearing is: arrows, lead, certain death. Encouraging."

Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 8, there are some really good ones in here, but some are a little low. And there is a seen where someone isn't wearing anything, but we only see from the chest up.
My favorite:

Script: 9,
"And you can tell all that by feeling my face?"
"No, your friend, Much, told me."

Crew:
Directed by: Ciaran Donnelly
Created by:
Fox Allan
Dominic Minghella

Starring:
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood.
2. Keith Allan as Vaisey, Sheriff of Nottingham.
3. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale.
4. Harry Lloyd as Will Scarlet.
5. Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisbourne.
6. Anjali Jay as Djaq.
7. Dexter Fletcher as Count Friedrich
8. George Anton as Stephan.
9. Sam Throughton as Much.
10. Gordon Kennedy as Little John.
"Pretend, deception comes easily enough to you."

Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price.
Quotes: 9, "A little bird told him, a little Marian bird."
Storyline: 7, there is suggestive stuff, death, gambling, and kissing. But this is one of my favorite episodes, it's a good one!

Good For: Robin Hood fans!
I'm sorry Olivia, I just keep stealing all your gifs. ;)
Overall Score: 9!

Thank you so much for reading!

MovieCritic

6 comments:

  1. This one of my favorite episode too!

    You go Robin, steal that money and give it to the people who really need it. Robin is sometimes selfish, but he has a heart of golden, doesn't he?
    It isn't so smart of the sheriff to collect more taxes, because Robin will take it from him, he will always find a way to take that money. Your money isn't save anywhere sheriff.

    Then the sheriff invites count Friedrich to his castle, and asks Marian to entertain him, first she refuses, but eventually she does agree, against her will. She doesn't really like Friedrich at first, but eventually she does like him and brings him to Robin. He works with Robin and they set up a plan to steal the sheriff his money.
    Guy is getting jealous of Friedrich because Marian gives him very much attention. That is funny. His face when Friedrich kisses Marian's hand, hahahaha.

    ''A little bird told him, a little Marian bird''. That is also my favorite quote of this episode.

    This is such a funny episode. And one of my favorite, but I have said that already. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool!

      "Robin is sometimes selfish, but he has a heart of golden" That is such a cool way to put it! And it is completely true!! Yes, the Sheriff's money is not safe any where! And once Robin learned that the money wasn't going to the King, he began stealing even more!

      Count Friedrich is so funny! Marian even says so, "You're funny!" Which he replies with, "You are beautiful!" And after it was all over it was so nice of Count Friedrich to give his money to Robin! Guy does get quite jealous in this episode! :)

      Allan, even though you are a traitor, you are very funny!

      Definitely! Thank you for telling why it is one of your favorites!

      Delete
  2. I like this episode so very much!!
    And yes, like Rachel already said, the faces Guy makes when Count Friedrich kisses Marians hand. I believe even Robin was a tiny bit jealous, because Count Friedrich could spent as much time as he wants with Marian, and that's a thing Robin can't.
    ''Jealous?''
    ''Of him?'' This one was with the genius trap, but Robin defeats it anyway. The dogs, and the arrows... :) I loved the quote from Allan: ''A little bird told him, a little Marian bird.'' Actually, I think Robin and Allan were quite good friends. He is friends with everyone in his gang, of course, but it felt like Allan and Robin together had much more fun, they could laugh together(the others too, but...well, I like to think that).
    ''Nice legs.'' Marian looks at him with a deathly gaze ;)
    ''I meant the horse.'' looks at Robin and laughs. And Robin laughs about it too. See, they laugh together, even though Allan is a traitor(Robin obviously didn't know that he was a traitor, but Allan himself did, and he stil had fun).
    Anyway, I loved this episode, it's one of my favourites!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! It is one of the really good ones!!
      :D Guy was very happy when Count Friedrich left I think, even though when he left all the money disappeared!! Robin was very suspisioius about him first. And even at the end Robin asks "What was with you and Marian?"
      "That is a prize I would've fought for."
      Robin and Allan were such good friends! I was really sad when Allan betrayed him! I think that also why they continue to have Allan all through out the series is because the actor is the brother or cousin to the actor of Robin Hood!!
      That quote is so hilarious! "I meant the horse." Allan!!! They do laugh together, after all, it is Robin and his Merry Men!!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles