"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 2, Episode 5: "Ducking and Diving"

Hello, hello!
It is Moi again! I am back for my Robin Hood BBC watch-along!! It is season 2, episode 5!

How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments will have spoilers.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 2, Episode 5: "Ducking and Diving" (2007):
Based on the Robin Hood legends:
"There are wrong answers and right answers, that was a wrong answer."
When Henry of Lowes, a friend of the Sheriff's falls ill when he has a vital piece of information, the Sheriff gets Matilda to treat him, but she is not happy about it because her daughter is about to have a baby! She needs Robin's help!
Meanwhile, back at camp Robin gets suspicious: "I think I have a spy in my gang."

Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 6, there is nothing really great here, and there is a tiny bit of talk of "under wrappings".
Script: 6, there is a lot of people calling others mean names.
"You're up to something."
"Yes, I'm charming you."

Crew:
Directed by: Matthew Evans
Created by:
Fox Allan
Dominic Minghella
Starring:
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood.
2. Josie Lawrence as Matilda.

3. Matt Devere as Henry of Lowes.
4. David Bamber as Physician Blight.
5. Sarah Howarth as Rosa.
6.  Gordon Kennedy as Little John.
7. Harry Lloyd as Will Scarlet.
8. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale.
9. Sam Throughton as Much.
10. Anjali Jay as Djaq.
"I'm sorry, that's not the sort of secret I can keep."

Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price.
Quotes: 8, "Men! They always think in a straight line, I've got a better idea."

Storyline: 7, there is death, gross things, fighting, and child birth.
"Make up your mind."

Good For: Robin Hood fans!
Overall Score: 7!

Thank you for reading! What do you like/don't like about this episode?

MovieCritic

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, I didn't like this one so much, but it was okay. Matilda was funny sometimes: ''Grow a real beard, or shave it off.'' Well, I didn't like this one that much. It was...The sheriff trying to drown someone...it was funny though that they pumped air for her, and the sheriff was all angry. And Will and Allan when they pumped, so suspicious for eachother. Robin only really trusted Will, because he used him to find the traitor. He should have given Allan a second chance though. Even if he was a traitor, he said he didn't want to do it anymore, no more money for information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like this one as much either. Matilda was really funny, but she did have some not so nice comments. "Make up your mind!" ;) Drowning is not a fun thing and I am so glad that Robin and his gang saved her!! Will and Allan were very suspisious and at one point Much had to say, "Keep pumping!" because Will forgot!
      Robin did save Will's life so he was pretty sure that he wouldn't be it, but then again, he also saved Allan twice. I do think he would have changed!

      Thanks for talking about this episode with me!

      Delete
  2. Didn't liked this episode so much.

    The scenes with Matilda are funny, and the scenes of Henry Lowes are funny too. Matilda must make Henry better, after she has been taken from her daughter, who is expecting a baby. Instead of making Henry better, she lets him drink something that confused his brain. So, he rambles all things. Robin helps Matilda en convince her to give Henry that drink.

    The sheriff finds out that Matilda helped her and wants to prove if she is a witch of not. So, she must dive in a chair, and with the help of Robin, she escapes.

    While her mother is away, Matilda's daughter finds help of the other members of the gang and gets her baby, with the help of John. Don't know what she called the baby, but I think it was Alice.

    Oh Allan, why did you needed to spy for Guy of Gisbourne, it does take a long time for you to be joining the gang again. Why of why!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here.

      Henry was really funny when Matilda gave him the drink that made him goofy! Rosa was nice, it would have been nice to see more of her.

      That is the not so nice part! It is bad that the Sheriff was trying to drown her! Why does he kill so many people?

      Yes, it was Alice because she was taking to Little John and learned that his wife had been named Alice.

      Allan! You were such a good character! Why, oh why, did you ever have to do it!

      Thanks for your comment!!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles