"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 1, Episode 13: "A Clue: No"

Hello Everyone!!
Here we are for the last episode in season 1 of my Robin Hood BBC watch-along!!

How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments will have spoilers.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 1, Episode 13: "A Clue: No" (2006):

Based on the Robin Hood legends:
The king is coming home but all the lords are positive that the Sheriff is going to try to kill him. Robin needs to stop him, but things are so confusing.
"I'm sick of doing the right thing!"

Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 9! There are some pretty good ones!
My favorite: The gold one.
Script: 9!
"It's a saying."
"I hate sayings."
Crew:
Directed by: Matthew Evans
Created by:
Fox Allan
Dominic Minghella
Starring: 
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood.
2. Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisbourne.
3. Keith Allan as Vaisey, Sheriff of Nottingham.
4. Lucy Griffiths as Marian.
5. Michael Elwyns as Edward.
6. Gordon Kennedy as Little John.
7. Sam Throughton as Much.
8. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale.
9. Harry Lloyd as Will Scarlet.
10. Anjali Jay as Djaq.
Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price.
Quotes: 8, "You know I hate climbing."
Storyline: 6, there is fighting, death, a little suggestive stuff, kissing.

Good For: Robin Hood fans!
Overall Score: 9!

Whoa, once again, a very spoiler episode, so I am really sorry that there are only two pictures!

Thank you so much for reading! What do you think of this episode!?

MovieCritic

4 comments:

  1. I hated the scene where Robin was just insulting Much, but then I loved that Marian didn't marry Guy after all. I knew she wouldn't, of course, because she can't just marry him, that wouldn't be a good story. The golden dress was very pretty, although I have seen one picture which doesn't let Marian cme out very good in the dress, but that's just the point of view of the camera. Spoilers are sometimes very hard to not put in the post. You want to say something about the spoiler in question, but then you just can't. Robin was so distraught by the fact that Marian would marry Guy, one of his greatest enemies(maybe even his biggest enemy), that he was going to leave the gang and the people of England(but then, he didn't know King Richard was not real, of course). I still like this episode very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin is sometimes so mean to Much! I really thought that Guy and Marian were going to get married! I was not happy! I was sad because Robin and Marian should go together (when Robin is being nice)! The gold dress is nice, when you can see it.
      Spoilers can be so hard to avoid! I probably accidentally let a few out, but I am trying!
      I would be sad too, but not enough to leave England!
      I still like this episode, too!

      Delete
  2. Poor Much. I really feel sorry for him in this episode. I didn't liked Robin. Much is his best friend, and you can't get so easily a good best friend.

    I was really relieved that Marian didn't married with Guy. And her golden wedding dress! So lovely. And then Robin like a prince on his white horse (it was a brown horse) to save Marian. Adorable, isn't it? Yeah, it is quite VERY hard to put no spoilers in your posts. I find it very difficult.
    Robin didn't liked it at all that Marian would marry Guy, his biggest enemie. He would even leave the gang and the people of England for Marian! Can you believe it. This was a fun episode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin is always so mean to Much, when he is the best friend he has. He has been with Robin the longest.

      Me too! I was sad when I thought it was going to happen! Even through that, her wedding dress is my favorite! I like your comparison of Robin to a prince on a white horse, it really fits him! ;) Very adorable!
      Robin was acting a little bit over the top. The first time I watched this episode I didn't realize that he was leaving, how could Robin Hood leave?

      Thank you for your comment!!!!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles