"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 2, Episode 3: "Childhood"

Hello!
Here is episode 3 in season 2 of my Robin Hood BBC watch-along!

How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments will have spoilers.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 2, Episode 3: "Childhood" (2007):

Based on the Robin Hood legends:
"I hope you're better at playing Robin Hood than I am!"
When four boys see Guy testing out new armor, invincible armor, they get in trouble and they need Robin Hood's help.
"I wasn't spying on you, I was making sure you were safe!"

Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 6, there is a long period when somebody isn't wearing a shirt. Some of the costumes aren't that good for the time period. And some are a little low.
My favorite:

Script: 9,
"Men, eating leaves?"

Crew:
Directed by: Ciaran Donnelly
Created by:
Fox Allan
Dominic Minghella
Starring:
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood.

2. Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisbourne.
3. Keith Allan as Vaisey, Sheriff of Nottingham.

4. Sam Throughton as Much.
5. Gordon Kennedy as Little John.
6. Adam J. Brown as Daniel.
7. Geff Francis as the Smith.
8. Adam Parkinson as Mark.
9. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale.
10. Harry Lloyd as Will Scarlet.

Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price.
Quotes: 9,
"Somebody find me a box and put this woman inside it."

Storyline: 6, there is some very suggestive things, fighting, death, and a bathroom joke.

Good For: Robin Hood fans!
"Oh, no!"
"Oh, yes!"

Overall Score: 7!
"Excellent work."
"What else did you expect?"

Thank you so much for reading! What do you think of this episode?

MovieCritic

4 comments:

  1. Haha, this one!
    ''Oh, he is the help, Much.'' :) It wasn't my top favourite, but it was a nice one. But Guy in that armor though, he looked just like a robot. Very awkward. It must have been very scary for Robin, no weapons at all(he has weapons, but he can't use them). Then he figured out, fire is the fighting method.
    ''Oh no.''
    ''Oh yes!'' Robin could thank Marian again, because she actually saved his life. Marian likes children a lot and she is good with them. I think that if she had a child, she would be a wonderful mother. But then, Allan tells Guy that they put the stuff(how do you call it in English?) in the box to destroy it and the whole plan fails, which could have killed Robin. Stupid, Allan, stupid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one isn't one of my favorites, but it is a nice one! Guy was sort of funny looking to us, but I agree with you, he must have been pretty scary to Robin. Coming after him and Robin couldn't use weapons!
      Guy and Robin should have thanked Marian more, she saved both their lives!! She really is very good with children! SHe would have made a wonderful mother!!!! Allan, why do you have to betray them!!! (Pitch)
      Thanks for your comment, Ruth!!!

      Delete
  2. The episode where Guy wears that ugly iron armor that some one has created.

    Those boys cause a lot of trouble. That is my opinion though. First, they look at Guy testing the armor and kill some one. They make noise and Guy comes after them, one of the boys escapes and Robin finds him and he tells him about his friends.
    You know how the story goes. :)

    The red outfit of Marian is very lovely.

    The scene where Robin and Guy fight, Robin with only a sword and Guy in a full armor, that is very funny. Robin almost lost, but he puts a arrow in fire and fires it off on Guy. His whole armor gets in fire and he falls into a ton of water. Robin, who is angry, it seems like that, gives the sheriff a deal, what the sheriff doesn't accept. So Robin tries to kill Guy, but eventually Marian saves Guy, leaving the sheriff no chose. Sheriff gives those stones, where you can make that armor off, to Robin and Guy is saved. Later on, Guy thanks Marian.

    This is one of my favorite episodes. It is fun, and lovely at the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That armor is supposed to be light weight, but it looks very uncomfortable!!

      They do! I guess that through them is how Robin and the gang get to know about the armor, but those boys still cause a lot of trouble! :)

      It is one of my favorites!!

      It is! Guy and Robin never seem to miss a chance to fight, and this one seemed to be unfair, but Robin did come out on top in the end!! But, he did almost drown Guy, I am very surprised that the Sheriff didn't save him, Marian did! But, she also saved Robin at the same time.

      It is a fun episode!!

      Thank you so much for commenting!!!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles