"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Friday, July 21, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 1, Episode 12: "The Return of the King"

Hello!
We are getting so close to the end of season 1, in my Robin Hood BBC watch-along!! This is a big episode so the plot will not say much because I do not want to give anything away.


How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments will have spoilers.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 1, Episode 12: "The Return of the King" (2006):

Based on the Robin Hood legends:
"You thinking what I'm thinking?"
"No."
"Well if you're not thinking how did you know what it is?"
"I don't think like you."
When the King is returning Guy is forcing Marian to marry him, Robin looks for a way to get Marian out of it.
"Bats are rats. Rats with wings."

Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 8, Still, I'm not so sure how exact to the time period they are.
My favorite:
Script: 7, at one point Much starts swearing, but besides that it is okay.
"What is it girls eat?"
"Special girl food."
Crew:
Directed by: Matthew Evans
Created by:
Foz Allan
Dominic Minghella
Starring:
1. Jonas Armstong as Robin Hood.
2. Lucy Griffiths as Maid Marian.
3. Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisbourne.

4. Keith Allan as Vaisey, Sheriff of Nottingham.
5. Sam Throughton as Much.
6. Anjali Jay as Djaq.
7. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale.
8. Harry Lloyd as Will Scarlet.

9. Gordon Kennedy as Little John.
10. Michael Maloney as Pitts.
Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price
Quotes: 9,
"I hate the cave."
"We voted, Much!"
"You lost, five to one."
"Yeah, but I should have two votes because I really don't like the cave. In fact, I should have three votes because I really, really don't like the cave."
Storyline: 5, so, there is fighting, death, blood, gross stuff, things to do with religion, and really suggestive stuff. Warning: This episode can get to you.
Good For: Robin Hood fans!
Overall Score: 7!

I am really sorry for the lack of pictures, but as I said this episode is full of spoilers and all the pictures I could find of this episode were all part of that, so only these three were spoiler free.

Thank you so much for reading! What do you think of this episode?

MovieCritic

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The comment above should be somewhere else, that's why I deleted it.

      This is one of my favorite episodes from season 1. It didn't liked it that Guy forced Marian to marry him, but it was acutally good, because now Robin and Marian are talking about their seriously problems between both of them.

      The scene where Marian ALMOST died, was quite scary when I watched it the first time. I really thought she was dying. On the other side, she couldn't died, because otherwise the show wouldn't end so well. Because, Marian is one of the best female characters in the show, without her, it's so...empty. Anyway, I was really relieved that she wasn't dead.
      Aww, Allan. He always notice the little things in life. The gang may be lucky to have him, he discovered that Marian is actually alive.

      This was a lovely episode. Lovely review MovieCritic!

      Delete
    2. Even though this is a scary episode, it and the next one might be my favorites! Oh yes! My inner romantic comes out in this episode, and I get so happy!

      When I first watched it I was so confused and sad, I was thinking, "Can this be happening? But, what about the other seasons? What is Robin Hood without Marian?" I, too, was so relieved!
      Allan is one of my favorite characters! I am so happy that he saw that she was breathing! And Djaq, too, she saved Marian!

      Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Oh, this one was quite a favourite of mine, because Robin and Marian are finally really talking about their own problems between themselves. I really thought(the first time we watched the series) that she was dead. But she wasn't! Allan was observant enough to see that she was breathing.
    ''I'm not being funny, but...she's breathing.''
    But also, one of the less nice facts, is that Will and Allan wanted to go away with all the money. It makes up again when they still came back to help the gang.
    'What is going on! Robin Hood doesn't kill!' Robin was so furious about Marians death, that he just shot with his bow to any person he saw.
    'She is...she is...'
    'She's dead. Marian is dead.' That was a sad part. And Allan and Will were just like ''what?!''
    Then they all stood in the cave, saying nice things about Marian, until Allan noticed she was alive.
    All in all, I really liked the episode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is quite a good episode! I, too, was so sad the first time I saw it! This sounds weird, but I have actually watched this episode more times than any of the other episodes because this is one of my favorite episode and whenever I am in the mood for Robin Hood BBC, I watch this episode!
      I was mad at Will and Allan, but they made up for it!
      I was sad that Robin was killing people, he should have taken his sadness and anger out in a different way.
      I really like this episode too!!!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles