"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 1, Episode 1: "Will You Tolerate This?"

Hello!
Here I am to start my Robin Hood BBC watch-along! As it is the first day, I will be reviewing the first episode!

How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so.

Robin Hood BBC Season 1, Episode 1: Will You Tolerate This? (2006)

Based on the Robin Hood legends:
Robin of Locksley has come home from The Holy War to find his estates, friends, and country not the way he left them.
"I shouldn't have said that."

Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama,
Costumes: 7, some of the costumes here aren't really set for the time period, but there are a few good ones.
My favorite: Marian's.
Script: 9, "Show me an argument ever settled with bloodshed then I'll call it winning."

Crew:
Directed by: John McKay
Created by: 
Dominic Minghella
Foz Allan
Starring:
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin of Locksley
2. Sam Troughton as Much, "I knew that."
3. Harry Lloyd as Will Scarlet

4. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale
5. Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisborne
6. Keith Allan as Vaisy, Sheriff of Nottingham
7. Michael Elwyn as Edward, "And I thought you came to see the Old Sheriff."
8. Sean Murry as Dan Scarlet

9. Jonathan Readwin as Luke Scarlet
10. Lucy Griffiths as Maid Marian
I love how we all see the characters for the first time, it really reflects their personality.

Music: 10, fabulous!
Music by: Andy Price
Quotes: 8, "There's always so much to remember!"
Notes: In Locksley Manor this sign appears:

Storyline: 6, There is kissing, fighting, a little suggestive stuff, killing, hanging, and the death of a bird in a creepy way. But, we have an interesting start.
Good for: Robin Hood fans,
Overall Score: 7!

I made a header for this week. I'm sorry, I know it's a little obsessive.:

Thank you so much for reading everyone!  Please feel free to participate!

MovieCritic

8 comments:

  1. Great that it has started now!
    ''I knew that'', Much always says that :)
    Yep, good for Robin Hood fans, who are in want of a less violent Robin Hood. I mean, there is not much sight of really big violence(which is different in some other Robin Hoods, like the 2010 one).
    I too thought the characters were really introduced good and everyone steadily changed a lot.
    Robin Hood Watch-Along, we're ready for ye! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your enthusiasm Ruth!
      Much, He does say that ALL THE TIME. :)
      It is, I'm not sure if this is my second, or third, favorite Robin Hood, you get to know the characters a lot. :)
      I actually mentioned that because it was you who said that Marian was first holding a bow when we see her, so I started paying more attention.
      Yes! I am hoping that it will be fun!

      Delete
  2. I watched this ep and a handful of others a couple years ago -- they were fun! I'd like to see the whole series some day... in that mystical future when I have more time, hee.

    Anyway, nice recap! I'm sure you're going to have such fun with this watch-along. When I recognize eps I've seen, I'll try to pop in and comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool! This episode is sort of a cool one. It is kind of a fun show to watch. :) The whole series is fun, my favorite season is 1.

      Thank you! Yes, I haven't seen it for a while, so it will be fun for a refresher! I hope to see you for a few other episodes! :)

      Delete
  3. Maid Marian is so pretty in this version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is! And the actress does a great job of playing her!

      Delete
  4. (Yikes! Sorry I am late!)

    I have been really looking forward to this week. I have two episodes to watch today in order to catch up, but I'm excited! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not late at all!

      I am really excited to hear what you think about it! Don't worry, two episodes are not a lot, one day I watched four episodes! :/ That was a little too much. :)

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles