"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Friday, July 28, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 2, Episode 4: "The Angel of Death"

Hello Everybody!
Welcome (back) everybody for episode 4 in season 2 of my Robin Hood BBC watch-along!


How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments will have spoilers.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 2, Episode 4: "The Angel of Death" (2007):

Based on the Robin Hood legends:
"You could die."
"That's a risk I take everyday."
The pestilence has come to Nottingham and the Sheriff has established a quarantine where no one is allowed to help those in the quarantine area whether they are sick or not. Robin knows this isn't right, he and his gang need to get in there to help.
"Shame? It's an outrage!"

Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 7, there is nothing really great about the costumes, and there is a part where people are sort of in their underclothes.

Script: 9,
"Do you expect foul play?"
"...this is Nottingham, there is no other kind of play."

Crew:
Directed by: Matthew Evans
Created by:
Fox Allan
Dominic Minghella
Starring:
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood.
2. Keith Allan as Vaisey, Sheriff of Nottingham.
3. Harry Lloyd as Will Scarlet.
4. Sean Murry as Dan Scarlet.
5. Christian Cook as Luke.
6. Anjali Jay as Djaq.
7. Ralf Little as Joseph.
8. Hannah Storey as Sarah.
9. Henriett Tanai as Jess.
10. Gordon Kennedy as Little John.

Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price.
Quotes: 9! "How many questions have you got?"
Notes: Pitts Street, hmm...
Storyline: 6, there is death, gross things, gruesome things, things dealing with religion.

Good For: Robin Hood fans!
Overall Score: 8!

Thanks for reading! What do you think of this episode?

MovieCritic

4 comments:

  1. I don't really like this episode.

    There is one guy who pretends to be the nightwatchman and give the poor food, with some stuff in it that makes them ill. So, they must go in isolated camp where no one can go out. Marian finds out that there is someone who is pretending to be the Nightwatchman. She is worried. Robin finds out that the the people are ill and helps them with the gang.

    There is that cute moment between Marian and Robin. Marian sneaks through the roofs to see Robin and help him, and then, after finding Robin, she falls in his arms. :) Cute, isn't it?

    The man, who plays the Nightwatchman, tries to kill Robin, but it never works. It almost worked by his other members of the gang, but Robin stops it just in time. The man flight and seeks protection of the sheriff.
    Djaq finds a plant that can help the people getting better.

    I don't like this episode. However the moment between Marian and Robin was cute. And some other things were fun, can't remember what. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here.

      He claims that he is doing "science" but he is just killing people, and that is not nice at all.

      That is I think, my favorite part of this episode, it is just a really sweet part! My inner romantic is coming out. :) It is very cute!! :)

      Marian figures it out just in time! Then Robin could save the other members of the gang! Little John's idea worked really well! Then in the castle Will tries to kill the Sheriff by the poison, but Robin pretends to drink the poison so they must get the antidote.

      Yes, it was a bit of a scary episode, besides that. :)

      Thank you for commenting!!!

      Delete
  2. I actually liked this episode. I mean, there were some things that were not fun at all(like Will's father died, and Will is being very very angry and wants to kill the sherrif),but also things I did like(Marian and Robin-moments :), Djaq talking to Will and stopping him from run to the guards, that sort of things) Oh, and then when everyone is dressed up in forest colors and scaring Dan and Luke Scarlett. And then Djaq like: ''You know these people?'' Well, I liked this episode, it had a lot of fun things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like that Will's father died, but I did like those other things!! I really liked everyone forest costumes, they were really cool! I really liked Allan's arm paint that looked like a tree branch! I had forgotten that Djaq haddn't met them before, it was a nice reunion!!

      Thanks for your comment, Ruth!!!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles