"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Monday, July 10, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 1, Episode 5: "The Turk 'Flu"

Hello!
I am here once again for my Robin Hood BBC watch-along! It's not too late, feel free to join!

How it works:

If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 1, Episode 5: "The Turk 'Flu" (2006):

Based on the legends of Robin Hood:
"Never forget the outlaws!"
The Sheriff and Guy are making people work in mines, mining for iron. The conditions are terrible and the people are protesting. The Sheriff solves this by buying slaves to work for him. Meanwhile, The Sheriff is hoping to snag Robin Hood with an archery competition.
"No, this is clever."

Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.

Costumes: 8, they are pretty good, but there are people in underclothes, and there is someone who isn't wearing a shirt, but we never actually see.
My favorite:

Script: 6, there is some swearing.
"'Ouch" costs nothing, surely you could utter an 'ouch'!"
Crew:
Directed by: Declan O'Dwye
Created by:
Dominic Minghella
Foz Allan

Starring:

1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood
2. Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisbourne
3. Keith Allan as Vaisey, Sheriff of Notingham
4. Anjali Jay as Djaq
5. Lyndon Ogbourne as Rowan
6. Gordon Kennedy as Little John
7. Harry Lloyd as Will Scarlet

8. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale
9. Sam Throughton as Much
10. Lucy Griffiths as Marian
"We can go home and eat."

Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price
Quotes: 7, "You made us the enemy, now you play the protector and ask for our help!"

Storyline: 5, there are different talks about religion, and not all of them are nice talks. There is also, death, fighting, slaves, and disturbing images. I don't really like Much in this episode.

Good For: Robin Hood fans!

Overall Score: 7!

Thank you so much for reading! What do you think of this episode?

MovieCritic

4 comments:

  1. I like this episode because Djaq finally comes along, but yes(as you said), some things are not so very nice. One of the funniest parts was when Allan had to put up with the black stuff in his mouth.
    'You'll be fine. As long as you don't...swallow it.'
    He looks very sick later, very pale.
    Sorry that I didn't comment earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Djaq is great and I am so glad they are in this episode! Allan, why can't you follow instrutions!? Now you have to be tied to a tree. That is a pretty funny part. :)
      That is fine! Summer can be very busy!

      Delete
  2. I love this episode. Where we meet Djaq, finally a girl who joins the gang! Sorry for my enthusiasm.
    They first thought Djaq was a boy, but eventually they see that he is a GIRL. :)

    The part where Allan has to put that black stuff in his mouth, that was very funny. Poor Allan, he always has to do the not so fun things. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I love your enthusiasm!! I, too, was so excited that a girl had joined the gang! It seemed like I wasn't very excited in this post, but to people who haddn't seen it I didn't want to give it away. But, yes! Djaq is great!!! Much better than Kate! :D

      Yes, it seems like when ever there is something gross to do, Allan has to do it. :)

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles