"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 3, Episode 9: "A Dangerous Deal"

Hello!
This is one of my favorite episodes in season 3, but it is also one of my least favorites. What episode is this? Episode 9!
How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments will have spoilers.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 3, Episode 9: "A Dangerous Deal" (2009):
Based on the legends of Robin Hood:
"This should be interesting."
"Not that interesting."
Things are going well for Isabella until her husband shows up. He demands to be in charge. In an attempt to help Meg, Isabella's friend, tells him where some treasure is. If it is true, then that gold belongs to the people and Robin must get it to them.
"You stay strong!"
Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 9, there are some very nice ones!
My favorite: I was trying but I couldn't get a good picture of it. It's Meg's.
Script: 7, there is a bad word.
"The offer's open, but not for forever."
Crew:
Directed by: Graeme Harper.
Created by:
Fox Allan,
Dominic Minghella.
Starring: 
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood.
2. Lara Pulver as Isabella.

3. Nicholas Gleaves as Thornton.
4. Holiday Granger as Meg. "I'm not 'stupid girl', I'm Meg, and I'm still thirsty."
5. Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisborne.
6. Joanne Froggat as Kate.
7. Sam Throuton as Much.
8. Gordon Kennedy as Little John. "You don't say much, do you?"
9. David Harewood as Friar Tuck.
10. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale.
Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price.
Quotes: 8, "Is your life really that empty that you don't care if you live or die?"
Storyline: 6, there is gruesome things, kissing, corpses, some extremely suggestive stuff, and death.
Good For: Robin Hood fans!
Overall Score: 8!

Sorry, these were the only spoiler-free pictures I could find. Sorry that this isn't the best review, "Life's full of disappointment.", but I was trying!

I know I am here to talk about Robin Hood BBC, but my mom came home from a trip and she got me Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991)!! I'm so excited about seeing it!!!

Please tell me what you think of this episode!

MovieCritic

4 comments:

  1. You're right! It's a good episode, but some things aren't that nice. And Thornton is so...blegh! Isabella is right to be scared for him! I actually felt sorry for her this episode, but she ruined it herself by trying to let Guy and Meg killed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was good that we met Meg (she is one of my favorite characters) but then she died. Why!!?? It makes me so sad! Yes, Thornton is so creepy! Yes, and Robin helped her but then she betrayed him Come on, Isabella! You could be a little grateful! Then her revenge absolutely ruined her.

      Thanks for commenting, Ruth!

      Delete
  2. This sure is a good episode, but some things. No, those are not nice. :)

    Yess, we meet Meg. She's a sweetheart. Why must she die, she and Guy would be so happy together. Ugh, I hate you Isabella, you're cruel and you don't know what happiness is. I think she just wants to ruin her brother for what he has done with her.


    Thornton is creepy!!!! I understand Isabella why she is scared for him. I would!

    Like Ruth said, she ruined herself to try to kill Guy and Meg. Poor Meg, and poor Guy. He was totally another human when he met Guy. He offered his life for hers and was very in love. Why, oh why, did they let her die. I think Guy deserves someone who makes him happy, even though he killed Marian. Which makes me angry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this episode because we meet Meg, but then...

      She is such a sweetheart! She and Guy were so perfect, I drove me crazy that they never mentioned her after that, and Guy still was sad about Marian, come on, Guy! Meg was absolutely perfect for you!! Isabella, revenge is not the way to go.

      Thornton would terrify me, too! But Isabella was so ungrateful of Robin's help!

      She was a nice person (I mean, nice enough) she cared for the poor and wanted to help them, but then she was so mad that Guy had ruined so many days of her life. What she sould have done was just move on! The more time she spent thinking about it and making her revenge grow, the more time she lost. I wish she would have come on the show again, I mean how Marian came on the show again. She and Guy were ment for each other!

      Thank you so much for commenting!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles