"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Monday, August 14, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 3, Episode 4: "The sins of father"

Hello!
How's everybody doing? I am doing episode 4 in season 3 of my Robin Hood BBC watch-along! All of the other episodes so far, I have remembered, but I had completely forgotten this one!
How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments will have spoilers.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 3, Episode 4: "The sins of father" (2009):
Based on the legends of Robin Hood:
"What are you doing here!?"
"Saving a damsel in distress."
"I was doing fine on my own!"
When a new tax collector comes to Nottingham, Kate gets in trouble. What is this really all about?
Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 7, nothing really great.
Script: 7, bad words (cut it out Kate!).
"Oh I'm so grateful! Thank you, guys, for ruining everything."
Crew:
Directed by: Alex Pillai.
Created by:
Fox Allan
Dominic Minghella
Starring:
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood.
2. Keith Allan as Vaisey, Sheriff of Nottingham.
3. Joanne Froggat as Kate.
4. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale.
"Feel a little better?"
"Yeah, insulting you helps."
5. Bill Ward as Rufus.
6. Liam Boyle as Edmund.
7. David Harewood as Friar Tuck.
8. Kevin Eldon as Scrope.
9. Teresa Banham as Rebecca.
10. Sam Troughton as Much.
Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price.
Quotes: 10, "Kindness is never a flaw."
Notes: The dates don't match up! Rufus left about 17 years before (sometime before Edmund was born), and Vaisey was sheriff then, but at the most, at the most, Vaisey has only been sheriff for 10 years! Would someone explain this to me?
Storyline: 6, there is death, suggestive stuff, fighting, encouraging people to be mean but they also say not to.
Good For: Robin Hood fans!
Overall Score: 8!
"Not bad."
"Thank you!"

Thanks for reading! Please comment telling me what you think of this episode!

MovieCritic

4 comments:

  1. This episodes is fun and not so fun!

    KATE WHY DO YOU ALWAYS GETS IN TROUBLE!!! Robin keeps saving her.

    Don't like the new tax man, he's creepy. But I do like his son, he is kind and he doesn't want to listen to his father.

    Kate and Allan gets captured and they are locked up in a storage full with birds. And they make funny jokes about themselves. :) Allan would be perfect for Kate, but we all know she chooses Robin. Don't like that. Allan is much more funner than Robin.

    And Much! :D He is also funny in this episode. He really likes Kate, but she doesn't like him.
    You never wash yourself, you are smelly and she also sad something else, can't remember what. Hilarious!

    Tuck brings the son of Rufus on good thoughts and he fights back against his father. Rufus eventually dies.

    I actually liked this episode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Definitely!

      Argh!!!! Kate!!! Would you stay out of the way and out of trouble!!!!

      He is very creepy. His son is kind and wants to do good and doesn't want to see people suffer!

      I love that scene, Kate and Allan would be such a good couple!!! Allan is way funnier than Robin, especially in season 3. Why did Robin have to encourage Kate!!??

      Much, he is so funny. But I don't understand why he loves Kate, he has forgotten about Eve! Much, I'm not happy with you right now. But...he is hilarious!!!!

      It was sad that Rufus died, he was creepy, but maybe he could have gotten better! But I'm so glad that Edmund is so kind!!!

      I liked this episode also!!

      Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  2. I liked this one. Although it had its moments that were not really likeable, without those included it is a good episode. Kate and Allan enprisoned, insulting eachother.
    'I think your neck's too long.'
    'My neck!? My nose maybe.' :) They were so funny. That was the only time I liked Kate. And then Kate joins the gang *very deep sigh* (why didn't she just stay in the village or at least be less annoying).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do wonder why they have to include the bad things, just the good things make such a good story!!
      Kate and Allan, <3 they would be so good together! He made her feel so much better!
      :D Allan, you are so funny!! Yes, it was one of the only times I, too, liked Kate.
      She couldn't stay in the village because if she did the Sheriff would have killed her. And they let her join the gang because some people (coughMuchcoughcoughAllancough) like her.

      Thanks for talking!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles