"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 3, Episode 3: "Lost in Translation"

Hello!
Here we are for 3x3 in my Robin Hood BBC watch-along!
How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments will have spoilers.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 3, Episode 3: "Lost in Translation" (2009):
Based on the Robin Hood legends:
"Robin Hood is the last hope for this country."
The Abbott has done something amazing! The only problem is that the Sheriff has it and is threatening to burn it if the Abbott won't help him catch Robin Hood. What will happen?
"This is bad. This is very bad. This is not good!!!"
Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 7, nothing really exciting. But, I do like all the flowers in every one's hair. And there are a few scenes where someones shirt is coming off.
Script: 7, several bad words. Well, the same word over and over again. And, there is something that is gramatically incorrect!! They say, "You catch on fast." It should be "You catch on quickly."
"Some words are more dangerous than others."
Crew:
Directed by: Alex Pillai.
Created by:
Fox Allan
Dominic Minghella
Starring:
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood.
2. David Harewood as Friar Tuck.
3. Keith Allan as Vaisey, Sheriff of Nottingham.
4. David Hayman as the Abbott.
5. Sam Throughton as Much.
6. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale.
7. Gordon Kennedy as Little John.
8. Joanne Froggat as Kate.
9. Teresa Banham as Rebecca.
10. Matt Devere as Tar Seller.
"Are you so blind that you cannot see?"
Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price.
Quotes: 10, "They don't need to touch or feel God to believe."
Storyline: 6, there is blackmailing, gruesome talk, skeletons, burning of important books, and someone going to the bathroom.
"Is better to give than receive."
Good For: Robin Hood fans!
Overall Score: 8!

What do you think of this episode? Thanks for reading!

MovieCritic

4 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite episodes! Loved this one.

    The Abbott has translated the bible in English. The sheriff finds out about the bible and threatening the abbott to burn it if he doesn't help him the catch Robin.

    Tuck and Allan must get the bible from the sheriff, Robin tries to escape from the sheriff and the others help him.

    Eventually they all get captured, because of something, can't remember what. They are put on the pile of fire. Which sounds very creepy.

    Okay, I actually liked Kate her, because she gave Robin something so they could escape.

    So, they escape and the sheriff gets very angry and throws the bible of the abbott in the fire. The abbott is very sad and goes to somewhere in France en starts over writing the bible in english again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This episode was a surprise to me!

      That is such an amazing thing that the Abbott did that! I do not like the Sheriff at all, he is not nice. Or, as John would say, "Him, I do not like!"

      They are all captured because Robin said that if the Abbott lied, they would come without a fight, but if the Abbott told the truth then the people of Locksley would be free. The Abbott lied.

      They all would have died if Kate hadn't done that, so I Kate was an okay character in this episode.

      Burning at the stake would not be fun.

      Thanks for commenting, Rachel!

      Delete
  2. This episode was better! Even though Kate helped Robin and the gang, I still don't like her. My opinion will never change, she will always be one of my least favourite characters. I'm glad that Isabella didn't come along yet. It is good of the Abbott that he eventually told the truth, even when his bible was burned because of that. It took him, what was it, ten years to translate it. And it was not legal, not permitted, to translate the bible from Latin to English. But he started over again. The abbott had such a dark voice, the man who plays him really has such a voice, he played in The Paradise and had the same voice, so...
    But now, Kate joins the gang. Not yet entirely, but almost. Just a few episodes more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I liked her better then, but after that my opinion got worse. One of the problems with Kate is that she loves Robin, but Robin encouraged it! If he had told her his backstory I think she would have loved Allan, or Much. Only a few more Isabella free episodes, but I'm enjoying them! That was so good of him, it shows that he is kind. I didn't know that actor is in The Paradise, huh, another one to watch!
      Oh yes, we are almost there.

      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles