"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Six Years Ago: Movies Meet Their Match + Behind the Blogger Tag


BOOM BABY.

It's that time of year. In fact, it's that exact day: My blogoversary. Six years ago, Movies Meet Their Match was started. Insane! You guys are fantastic readers and every single comment puts me on cloud 9. Thank you so much for being here! It's been a year that I've been known as Chloe the MovieCritic, and I can't believe that long a time has passed already.

As per tradition, this post is all about reminiscing and looking towards the future! I have lots of goodies for you guys in this post, so I won't dillydally on this intro too much or I'll get emotional.

If you want to visit my past, here all the blogoversary posts I've done previously. This post you're reading is the most relevant, but there are some hilarious stories and happenings in the past ones...: 



Each year as I review things I refine my system more. Well, that didn't happen this year because I did not review anything from July 19th 2021 to July 19th 2022. I talked about my plans for this in the future HERE and HERE, so check that out! I will be reviewing again, just when I have time and not during college. I have actually been working on a post for a few weeks that I want to publish in August of one of my reader requests, so watch for that!

One of the biggest changes from last year is my YouTube channel! I only wrote 26 posts between this year and last (which--wait for it, I'm a math major--averages to one post every other week), and that is explained by college taking my time and how I've focused a lot on this channel. I currently have three videos up, with more on the way. Check it out HERE! I make fan videos/edits for some of my favorite fictional characters. For your viewing ease, I've linked all three of them here for you to watch. SPOILERS FOR THESE CHARACTERS.

Kylo Ren (Star Wars)


Loki Laufeyson (Marvel)


Rapunzel + Eugene (Tangled)


On Sunday, *cough* when I should have been working on the aforementioned review *cough*, I created a header to go with my YouTube channel! As you can see, some of the characters I've already made videos for are on there, so reasoning goes that the remaining characters will be in future videos...Maybe. I'm not confirming or denying anything. Maybe I just love these characters and their gorgeous faces. You'll have to stick around to find out.


(I designed it, so it's...very square. I love geometry, okay? If my sister had done it, it would be more aesthetic, but for the moment I dig it. Do you guys know any of these characters?)


Now for the most important thing (if it's that vital, why did you put it at the bottom, MC? It's my blog, I do what I want). 

ANNOUNCING...

My new schedule!

Wait, MC, did you have a schedule before this?

Well, sort of. I mostly posted when I wanted to, but I would plan things out in advance. I still love this carefree air, but I've found I should hold myself more accountable than that. I have so many ideas, I want to get them all out to you guys! The new schedule is once a week in the summer/break seasons on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, and once or twice a month on those days during the school year (I'm giving myself a strict schedule with wiggle room. What else would you expect?). This is the only post you're getting this week because there will be two next week with Legends of Western Cinema Week 2022! Blogathons are an exception along with any time I feel spontaneous.

Me, being ready for anything.



Currently about me:

I am reading: Insurgent - by Veronica Roth.
I am watching: Umbrella Academy. I'm about to start the third season and am terrified.
I am rewatching: High School Musical The Musical The Series. All in preparation for the third season! Did I just watch this for the first time in April? Yes. I love it a lot, okay?

Me whenever I talk about anything I love.


My Top 5 Favorite Books:
Anne of Green Gables - by L. M. Montgomery
Holes - by Louis Sachar
North & South - by Elisabeth Gaskell
Anna Karenina - by Leo Tolstoy

My Top 5 Favorite Movies:
Neither of those favorite lists have changed since last year, but all the same keep an eye on the My Favorites page for any updates.



Last year I did a tag during this blog birthday celebration to make it more exciting. I'm doing that again today with the Behind the Blogger Tag! Thanks to Sam and Violette for choosing me!

I'm ready for my close-up.

Rules:
Thank the person who nominated you.
Answer the questions.
Ping back to the creator: Ellyn of Allonsythornraxx
Nominate 5+ bloggers to do the tag.


Why did you start blogging, and why have you kept blogging?

I started blogging because I loved talking about movies and learning facts about them. My family kept suggesting blogging to be an outlet for this. I'm up to six years, so here's to six more! I have since expanded to books and stories of all kinds, but the name Movies Meet Their Match has stuck. You don't want to get me started...too late!

Words have power my dudes. AND I'M THRIVING ON THEM.



What is your favorite kind of blog post to write?

Since January I've really enjoyed my "Top Ten" posts! I get to spread the love of my favorite stories in fun little ways. I've only done one "First Impression Ramblings" post, but I have SO MANY planned for that category, you'd better hope I enjoy writing it! Then, of course, writing reviews


What are your top three favorite blog posts?

I already listed my top five, so this is just an excuse to list more and talk about myself. I'm so exposed...





What are some of your favorite things to do to relax?

I don't know if I have things that I specifically do to relax. I do stuff because I have deadlines to meet or I'm being lazy. There is no in-between. Whenever I'm worked up and need to calm down I usually listen to music, so let's count that!

Then there's the daydreaming, reading, watching something, and writing.


What are three of your favorite things?

Favorite things? That's a big category! I'm taking that in the literal sense of material objects not people or animals. These are things that might be surprising to my readers...

Board/card games, puzzles, and water.


What are your proudest blogging moments?

Any time someone says they watched/read something because of my review/recommendation. It makes me all fluttery and happy! If you've done this and haven't told me, then I would love to hear it! That and reading posts I wrote awhile ago and they are still "good". I've changed so much since I started blogging (both in my style and my personality) that I usually cringe. When I don't, that's a win!


What are your hobbies outside of blogging?

What do you guys think, should I make sword fighting a hobby? Archery already is one of them, which explains why I love this character.

Not counting ANYTHING related to stories: swimming, doing sudoku or any math, talking with friends. I used to think I was boring because I didn't have many hobbies, but I've found I actually have a lot!


Describe your personality in three words

Sensitive (*cough* caring too much about everything *cough*), friendly, tired (it is a part of my personality, okay?).

Come on' MC, you could have come up with something better!



What are your top three pet peeves?

People touching their hair in public.

People saying "I know" before listening to what someone has to say.

People not obeying traffic rules by waving other drivers to go when it would all be so much faster and easier if everyone did what they were supposed to.


What is something your followers don't know about you?

Oh man, I've been trying to reveal my secrets this whole post! How am I supposed to come up with something else?

Legos have pretty much been my favorite thing since I was born. It has now paid off in math and construction studies...



I tag:
The first five people to comment on this post! This tag is a bit of an older one, otherwise I would tag specific bloggers.


And, that's me!


At your service.

Thank you guys again and again for reading this post, and post over the years! Did I reveal anything you didn't know about me? What is something most people don't know about you? What are your favorite kinds of posts that I do, and if you're a blogger, what are your favorite to write?

Have a great day!

Chloe the MovieCritic

8 comments:

  1. Dude congrats on six years! This is such a fun post ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FAITH! Thank you SO MUCH! Seeing a comment from you is always the best. :D

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on 6 years!! I love your blog and all your movie fun! I'm definitely stealing this tag too.

    It's great hearing about some of your personal life seeing as your blog is review centric. That's so cool that you're studying construction too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, THANK you! I love your comments here, Ivy! <3 This tag was quite fun, so I highly recommend stealing it.

      Haha, I tend to be a little too focused on stories! That's what I love, but I also like talking what else is going on with me. Right now I'm only a runner--getting supplies for my boss instead of building things myself--but one day!!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on six years, Chloe! And here's to many more!!

    (Before I go any further--I LOVE your use of gifs, and only aspire to your level of utilization. XD)

    I. LOVE. THAT. TANGLED. VIDEO. I am not a 21 Pilots person, buuut I am trash for Rapunzel & Eugene apparently, and even a non-TOP person can apparently recognize the artistry with which you put that video together. THE WAY ALL THE BEATS GO TOGETHER GAH.

    Also, I love your new header!! I have zero problems with the geometry, and I think it looks all modern and cool and stuff.

    The fact that you included "water" as one of your favorite things made me chuckle, but hey, I mean, it's kind of a necessity!

    You hate people touching their hair in public? Why? (Super curious...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sam! I can't believe how many hours I've put into this blog now, lol! Probably could have learned a language or something... XD

      (*bows* Blogging for 6 years, but I think I've only been using gifs for 3? Maybe 4. But now they are my favorite part. XD I have a huge stockpile waiting for the perfect moment, so I'm always thrilled when I succeed. ;))

      Eeep!! Thank you!! F hates that song, but I showed her the video and now she loves it. XD I guess I'm spreading TOP appreciation? I had WAY too much fun making the actions and beats line up. Especially with the paint brush strokes bc I had to speed the video up to match it. Getting each one to line up with "Yeah yeah yeah" was going to happen if it was the last thing I did. XD

      Aww, thank you! You can tell I'm a math major, right? XD I thought it looked modern, too! Making it got F into action and she has now made me one that I'm going to put up soon bc it's special for August...

      It's one of those things you'd better like, right? XD

      Idk, I guess bc people think it's cool? It's not, it just makes you seem unprepared for the day. XD

      Delete
  4. Most blogs never make it past six posts let alone six years. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, J-Dub! That is very true, so I can't believe I've lasted this long when I'm not usually this committed to things!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles