"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Movie Review: Singin' in the Rain

"Good Mornin'" Everyone!!
Today I am reviewing one of my favorite movies of all time, Singin' in the Rain!
For anyone who has seen this movie I don't know how it couldn't be a favorite.

Singin' in the Rain (1952):
 
This is a really fun movie that is great for everyone! Once again, this is one of my favorite movies of ALL TIME, so make sure to tell me your opinion too!!! 
This movie follows the actor Don Lockwood (Gene Kelly) and the movies going from silent to "talkies"! That is all I am going to say for now!
Genre: Musical, Romance.
BONUS: What shape is Lena Lamont's beauty mark?
Costumes: 9 There are some really nice costumes in here.
Favorite Costume: Lena's with the "Flowers"
Script: 10! There are so many great quotes in here!!! "Cos, call me a cab!"

Crew:
Directed by:
Gene Kelly
Stanley Donen
Produced by: Arther Freed
Screenplay and Story by:
Betty Comden
Adolph Green
Cast:
Gene Kelly, "Dignity, always Dignity."
Donald O'Connor
Debbie Reynolds
Jean Hagen
Millard Mitchell
Cyd Charisse
Favorite Actor: Donald O'Connor, I like the that his blue eyes really appear on screen.
These are the best actors for this movie!! They are doing the play version of it in our town and I can't go see it because how could you picture a different Lena Lamont, or Cosmo Brown!??
Music: 10!! 
Favorite dance number: Wow, this is really hard, I would have to say, I can't decide.
Good Quotes: 10! "Alright, you're a cab."
Story: 10! There are a few weird parts in the "Broadway Rhythm" section. Anyone who has seen this probably agrees with me. Tell me what you think!!!
Overall rating: 9!

Now, "I will rip myself away from you!"
Have a glorious day!

MovieCritic

9 comments:

  1. I haven't see it yet, but I have been wanting to for a few years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw it last year, and now it's a favorite!!!!

      Delete
  2. Moses supposes his toeses are roses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful post, and I completely agree with your ratings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how great! Singin' in the Rain is so wonderful!
    I love Donald O'Connor too! He is so funny. And I love the tapdancing! How can they possibly do that so fast?
    I agree on your opinion with the rating. The music is geat(totally deserves a 10) and the costumes are very nice too!(I loved Cathy's dress, when she and Don danced, you know on the ladder, that scene, in the studio)The quotes are perfect and they're good singers.
    Yes, no one could possibly be a better Lena or Don!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Yes, Donald O'Connor is so hilarious! I do Irish Step Dance which has a shoe that makes noise, but I agree! How in the world can they do it!? Oh that scene! That is one of my favorites! I think that is my favorite dress too! I am so excited that you love it so much too!!!

      Delete
  5. Dear MovieCritic,

    Greetings from the Pure Entertainment Preservation Society! This is a fine article! "Singin in the Rain is indeed a wonderful film.

    I, Rebekah Brannan, have not participated much in the blog world in the past, but I intend to become more involved now. I have read some of your other articles, and they are all informative and enjoyable.

    I would like very much for you to participate in my upcoming blogathon, The Singing Sweethearts Blogathon, which will be my first real participation in PEPS. This blogathon, which will be hosted around Valentine's Day, is celebrating the famous singing team Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy.

    You can read the rules of the blogathon at: https://pureentertainmentpreservationsociety.wordpress.com/2017/12/20/ring-the-assembly-bell-here-comes-the-singing-sweethearts-blogathon/. If you want to join, please comment and tell me your topic, if you have chosen one. I hope you'll join me in honoring this brilliant team and the holiday of love!

    Joyfully,

    Rebekah Brannan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Rebekah!

      Thank you for your comment! I am surprised that you found my little blog in all of the blogging world! Thank you for your kind words.

      I have actually already read that article! I really enjoy your blog and what it's message is. The thing is, I haven't actually seen any movies with Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy, but if I am able to before then, I would love to join it!

      Thank you again, and happy new year, Rebekah!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles