"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Friday, August 26, 2016

Movie Review: The AristoCats

Hello Everyone!
Today I am doing a review on one of my little sister's favorite movies, The Aristo Cats, a 1970 disney cartoon.

The Aristo Cats (1970):
The Aristo Cats (1970)
Sorry about the photo, it's not accurate


















The Aristo Cats is a movie about four cats who belong to a rich lady in Paris set in 1910, one day the wake up a long way from home, out in the country! They need to get home so they take on the help of an alley cat, Thomas O'Mally, and two geese, Amelia and Abigal. When they get home there is another surprise waiting!
Costumes: 7, There aren't very many costumes because it is mostly about cats. But the few that are there are very nice.
Script: 9 "Bottoms up! ...Deeper!"
Crew: 10, they did a wonderful job, just think of drawing all those pictures!!
Directed by: Wolfgang Reitherman
Produced by:
Winston Hibler
Wolfgang Reitherman
Story by:
Ken Anderson
Larry Clemmons
Eric Cleworth
Vance Garry
Julius Svendsen
Frank Thomas
Ralph Wright
Actors: 10, very good voice talents especially O'Mally.
Phil Harris as Thomas O'Mally "Come to think of it O'Mally, you're not a cat, you're a rat."
Eva Gabor as Duchess
Hermione Baddeley as Madame
Roddy Maude-Roxby as Edgar
Gary Dubin as Toulouse
Liz English as Marie
Dean Clark as Berlioz
Sterling Holloway as Roquefort
Charles Lane as Georges Hautecourt, "Of course Madame, how could anyone forget him?"
Pat Buttram as Napoleon
George Lindsey as Lafayette
Favorite Characters:
Thomas O'Mally
Napoleon
Lafayette
Georges Hautecourt
Marie, Toulouse, Berlioz
The Great Catsby trailer (The Great Gatsby x The Aristocats)
Music: 10, the music is very good. My favorite song is Thomas O'Mally Cat
Music by: George Bruns
Quotes: 9, "Wait a minute, I'm the leader I say when we go...Here we go."
Story: "The Aristocats" is based on a story by Tom McGowan and Tom Rowe.  I had no idea about this fact, I have been watching this movie since, well, pretty much since I was born and I only saw this fact the last time I watched it, if you could read the story first that would be great!
Fun Facts: This is the last animated film to be approved by Disney himself.
Questions: Why didn't Edgar wait? In one scene Edgar says, "Millions of dollars" but since it is in Paris, France, so shouldn't it be Euros?
Overall Score: 8
Quiz: What is Edgar's license plate number?

Thank you so much for reading!!

MovieCritic

6 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this movie, but my younger siblings have and they love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this movie, It would be interesting to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There weren't any Euros at the time the movie was made, but you're right in principle: should be French currency, probably francs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bad, well, also my sister's, she mentioned it. :-)

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles