"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Saturday, January 15, 2022

My Top Ten Fictional Characters Who Need to be Protected at All Costs aka My Children, My Sons, My "Babies"

Hello, friends!

(sorry, that title is crazy. I'll explain soon). I've decided that I want to do a "Top Ten" list of some kind every month because it's something that I can get out fairly quickly with school and I really enjoy putting together. Plus, it's a great conversation starter for learning about what you guys think of the topic at hand.

I'm starting out with something that is very confusing to define, because I think this category exists only for my older sister and I. I'll do the best I can to explain, though.

You know those characters who seem to be trying so hard to accomplish a goal, sure that it will come out alright despite the odds?


They have the sweetest smiles ever and you know they are just going to end up dead if you don't protect them with every fiber of your being?

At the same time they are a little oblivious to the problems and biases in the world that may try to stop them.


They don't think they are, of course, but it's obvious to everyone else. They never know what you've saved them from.

'"So?"
"What?"
"Thank you? You're supposed to say thank you."
"For what?"'
These characters are what I call "babies". Basically, these characters are my helpless children. It's a little bit of a loose term sometimes, as I tend to call any character I love a "baby" (or an "idiot" depending on what they are doing...), but I'm trying to define it as closely as I can here. These characters are my children. I don't know if it is vital that these characters are guys, but I have a hard time thinking of female characters who fits my definition. I would love to hear if any of you can help me come up with any female characters! When I come up with ten I'll do a post specially for them. For example, Luna Lovegood maybe is on the brink of being a "baby". And Marianne Dashwood is a baby who needs so much protection. Or Margaret Dashwood.

These characters are my fictional sons. If you watch Enola Holmes (2020), I think of these characters exactly as she talks about a sheep on a cliff.

"He'll be fine."
(and then they never are)
Another thing that isn't necessary, but certainly enhances the "baby" qualities is when the character is helplessly in love. It is so often a factor that there are only two characters on this list who you can arguably say haven't been.

Exactly. But, also lovable, and Peter Quill is not both so he doesn't quite fit.
You may have heard the term "cinnamon roll" used for characters, and I like to think of "babies" as inept cinnamon rolls. Does that help with the explanation? They are precious. Too precious for their own good, so much so that I just think about how I can take care of them all the time.


This all started with a character (who is in this list...keep reading to find out who!) who I one day started calling "sweet baby -------" and now I can't even say his name without adding the "sweet baby" on. The most important thing is that being a "baby" is not a bad thing. I LOVE these characters so much!

All in all, this list probably makes no sense, but let's have at it.

Note: There are no spoilers in this post for any of the things. I'll just be talking about what makes these characters the way they are and might hint at things, but I won't say any direct spoilers. Not that a personality is ever the big secret. I am mostly talking about movies here but there are book characters who are babies. Several of my favorites are unpublished or else they would be on this list....

Honorable mentions: William Turner from Pirates of the Caribbean (he's a little too capable to be a baby. He's more of a toddler), Peter Parker from the MCU (also more of a toddler. And I'm also more of his twin sister instead of mother), Bucky from the MCU, Much from the BBC Robin Hood, and Jay (+all my Ninjas. Especially Lloyd) from LEGO Ninjago.


10. Merlin from the BBC show Merlin.


I'm kind of mad at Merlin right now in the middle of season 5, because he is such a dollophead, but I'll talk about him anyway. He isn't my favorite character in the show (see my list of top ten favorite fictional male characters), but he is arguably the one who fits the definition "baby" the most. I mean, Arthur definitely is close to dying way more than Merlin, and Merlin has to be the one who saves him. Merlin is in this category instead of Arthur because while he is a powerful wizard and definitely capable of defending himself, he often forgets to. Why? Because he has to take care of Arthur.


He is so sweet and trusting (until he is SUPPOSED to be. That would be helpful). He's terrible at keeping secrets so it's a wonder he's alive. Good thing he has Gaius to tell them all to. He makes up the worst excuses ever. He's picked on a lot by Arthur, but he never leaves Arthur's side. He's a little mischievous, but he can't do any real harm because he is the worst assassin ever. Even when he is trying his hardest.

MERLIN. What ARE you even doing??

9. Prince Caspian X from The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (2008) (MOVIE ONLY).


This is talking about the movie only because let's face it, the book and movie are very different. This is also the biggest thing I have a hate/love relationship with, because some days I LOVE all the ways it is different from the book and I think it fits perfectly, and other times I HATE it. You've caught me in a good mood, today.

Armor does not detract from being a baby. I'm so proud you put safety first, hun.
He's trying so hard to be a leader and we're cheering for him even though he is such a "baby". He wants to bring magic and respect to all back to Narnia, which is a noble activity. He's grown more in character by the time of later books/movies, so we don't see as much of him, but he's still wonderful. If you doubt me calling him a baby, then think about this line:
Reepicheep : '"Choose your last words carefully, Telmarine!"
Caspian: "You are a mouse."
Reepicheep : "I was hoping for something a little more original."'
(Caspian goes on to show a lot of sense when it comes to fighting, and I'm so proud)


8. Neville Longbottom from the Harry Potter series.


Neville's character arc is one of my favorites in the entire series and is a character I look up to and want to be like. Is it common for parents to wish to be more like their children? He gets the reputation for being a "baby" because in the first few books/movies he gets hurt almost all the time. If someone gets injured, it's sure to be him. Broken arm? Check. Fainting? Check. I want to be his proper parent, okay?

<3 I use this gif a lot, but I LOVE IT BECAUSE HE IS SO WONDERFUL.
He is the definition of a true Gryffindor because he has a strong moral compass about what he thinks is right. He's brave even when he is afraid, which shows courage. He's dependable even when you forget about him. Which I never do, because I am his mother. Though it was a strange choice for the filmmakers to take a lot of another character's lines/elements and give them to Neville, I'm glad they did because it means I got to see more of him.


7. Klaus Baudelaire from A Series of Unfortunate Events.


(Sunny would be an actual baby for me to put on this list, but remember, we are talking about it in my terms). 
I'm talking about the Netflix show because I'm always annoyed with Klaus in the books (except in number 8! And I haven't reread past that yet) and I haven't seen the 2004 movie yet. Klaus struck me as whiny in the books but with Louis Hines playing him, my heart aches for him constantly. He's so upset and I wish I could go back to that day on the beach an erase all that happens to him.

This gif is subtle, but I love it because he's SMILING! Which is rare, but it shouldn't be. Poor guy.
Of his siblings, he is the one who most often sees the misery in their situation. This sounds pessimistic when I say it, but in his case it is actually very rational. He wants to keep his sisters safe and is always looking out for them. That includes looking for danger, which is a hard job. He gets picked on in many circumstances whether its because he's an orphan or because he is smart. Knowledge is one thing that never leaves you and he carries it with him everywhere, ready to use it to save the day.

He's so intense here it's kind of creeping me out...and we all know why.
If anyone ever slaps him, hurts him, or messes with him in any way again they will have to deal with me.


6. Marius Pontmercy from Les Miserables (2012).


If there has ever been a lovestruck character, it is Marius. I can't think of any other as helpless as he is (it's okay, because others are helplessly in love with him, too). I'm thinking specifically of the 2012 movie, as in the Masterpiece mini series he annoyed me. Here, he is an adorable human being who needs a hug. I haven't read the book yet so I can't speak for that.


Marius has to be reminded by Enjorlas that "he is no longer a child", but to me he is. Marius forgets this when he is struck by a breathless delight. How many times is in necessary for people to take care of him? A lot. If I were there I would do the same thing, because he is incapable of doing it himself. I have another hate/love relationship with this movie, but Marius ALWAYS puts a smile on my face, no matter what. Unless he's in trouble. Then I'm very angry and concerned. He feels deeply for his friends and is loyal. He works for change and is brave. We don't let him be selfless because then he would end up in more trouble, but I know he has the capability to be. Just don't tell him I told you that.

I present to you all, the face of a "baby".
(If you doubt him being a baby then listen to "ABC Café/Red & Black". I'm totally right, aren't I?) 
(Great, now I have the Les Mis soundtrack stuck in my head...)


5. Viscount Tewkesbury, Marquess of Basilwether from Enola Holmes (2020) (MOVIE ONLY).


I read the book, and in it Tewkesbury is a spoiled kid (yes, kid, as he's like 10 or something) who is bratty and stubborn and all around I couldn't wait to get rid of him. Here, the opposite couldn't be truer.
I know I used so many examples from this movie above when I explained "babies", but Tewkesbury fits the definition perfectly so he has to be in the list, too. I'm not supposed to have favorites, but Tewkesbury is so much like me that he might be a favorite. My sister often says Enola's line to me of: "You make an awful lot of noise, don't you." Like mother, like son.

100% Adorkable
Yes, so, he's a "baby". He protests this, saying, "I'm not entirely an idiot.". He is such a dork. All the time. He has a very carefree air about him, and loves plants, which makes him so much more lovable. He cares about the planet and people even when the world seems to be against him. He has brilliant ideas but sometimes goes about them the wrong way. He is extremely loyal which makes us all want to be loyal to him.


He has a deeper side, too. He says things that cut you right to the core, like, "People don't seem to want us, do they?". That makes me scream, "Of course I want you, you are my child!"


4. Albert Mondego from The Count of Monte Cristo (2002) (MOVIE ONLY).


It's important to note only the movie here, because I just finished the book of The Count of Monte Cristo and Albert is not nearly as precious. He's kind of full of himself in my opinion. But here in the movie he is a darling. He loves his parents and only wants their approval. He wants justice to be done. He is sweet and brave, causing him to utter the famous words, "Do your worst.". He's a little bit of a spy in the movie, but he doesn't realize he's doing it, only trying to show how amazing his friend is.


Oh, and yes, that's a very young Henry Cavil. My sister and I love his expressions when he says "Rome!". And the look on his face when he was kissed is hysterical. (Out of context that doesn't make any sense, sorry.) He's quite a gentleman. I should stop before I start saying nonsense.


3. Ben from the Descendants movies.


Ben is a dear one and I love him so much. He's so kind and wants to be a good king to all of his people (though he is SO YOUNG. PLEASE, give the guy some more time! He's perfectly capable, but I want him to have his childhood in its entirety. Here they want him to grow up so fast!). 

He remembers people who are otherwise forgotten, seeing the potential for good in all of them, to the dismay of his parents (real parents, not me, just to be clear). He believes in people when they don't believe in themselves. He can't be bad if he wants to, and is also not good at being subtle. He believes love and patience are the strongest magic. Only a "baby" would sing such a "ridiculous" song after playing a game of Tourney. Whenever he's sad it breaks my heart. He is never mad at people, and listens to their problems.

Aww, cutie! That's my boy!
While I don't like the third Descendants movie, Ben is still a baby. And probably my favorite part of that film (though. he. is. so. young. what. even.)


2. Drake Carne from Poldark.

That smile will melt anyone's heart like butter.
Ah, Drake, Drake, Drake. He is one of the reasons I started watching the show. He came from a rough childhood to live with his sister, and proceeds to get into the most trouble ever. Why? Because he is a "baby". He is patient and loving in addition to wanting the make people happy. He loves making people laugh, which involves him being a bit of a trickster which leads him to GET INTO TROUBLE. Ugh, why do you put me through so much pain?


I didn't love what they tried to do to his character in a later season, but I keep my own sweet memories of him. He is the most polite person I have ever seen on this planet. I find myself talking like him, saying, "Thank ye" all the time. He's the kind of person who has such a big heart that just watching him makes me want to do good in the world.

Drake, baby, it's you who are special, not the flowers.


(Also, if any of you go read the Comic Space Opera on Miss Megan's blog HERE, know that Dick also vies for spot #2.)



And #1 is...


1.  Cameron James from 10 Things I Hate About You (1999).


"Sweet Baby" Cameron is the one who started this whole thing off. I don't know why. We don't see a lot of him before we learn that he is in love and it is his whole world. That's what happens when you move to a new school, I guess. He's a darling. So compassionate, and willing to go to any lengths to be with the girl he loves. Learn French? Check. Come up with an absolute crazy plan to get her to go out with you based on her dad's rules? Check. He takes care of people even when he is disappointed and feels that his heart is broken.


He's just the sweetest, okay? Nobody pick on him, or you are going to get punched in the face. Not just by me.

When he's happy, I'm happy. He's one of my favorite parts of this movie (Kat's sarcasm is another favorite part), and the ultimate baby.

LOOK AT HOW HAPPY HE IS.
YOU. ARE. THE. MOST. PRECIOUS. CHILD. I. HAVE.



There you have it. You all now know what I mean when I talk about my "babies", so you can refer back to this in future posts when I mention "babies". What do you guys think? Do any of you know these characters? Are you their parent, too, or do you have a different relationship with them? What are some of your fictional "children", where you feel obliged to take care of them at all costs? Man, I just wish I could jump into these stories and do just that. Much grief would be spared.

Thank you so much for reading!

Chloe the MovieCritic

28 comments:

  1. BEN MY PRECIOUS BOY!! I love him so much. :') But YES- I've ALWAYS wondered why on earth they decided it was time for him to be king at the age of 16. Like... Beast was still young and perfectly capable of ruling the kingdom for a WHILE. Whyyyy would you hand the crown to a kid who's still in high school. BUT ANYWAY. I love Ben so much and will forever be bitter that he and Mal never got a duet. And that he didn't sing any solos in D3. (I love D3 but there should have been more Ben. >.>)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXACTLY! Ah, I'm so happy someone agrees with me! Obviously, he is the perfect king material because he is the sweetest character ever, BUT WHY 16? He couldn't have been 18? 19? 22? Would that be asking too much?? OH. MY. WORD. EMILY. Until this moment I didn't realize that Ben and Mal NEVER got a duet and now I am destroyed. O_O That would have salvaged D3 for me!!! I probably should rewatch it, though, and maybe I'd like it better than the first few times I watched it. But Bal (do they have a ship name? I just made that up XD) SHOULD HAVE had a duet!!

      Delete
  2. HOLY COW DICK VIES FOR A SPOT WITH DRAKE? I don't know Drake, alas, but he sounds like an utter sweetheart (as all of these dudes I don't know do) and, like, wow. I'm honored. (So is Dick. Or at least. He's grinning and blushing and shifting from foot to foot. He might be too covered in confusion to exactly feel the /honor/, but y'know.)

    ANYWHO let's see who I DO know on this list! I know precisely what kind of character you mean and I love "babies" so much and this post makes me happy. =)

    It's been way too long since I've seen Prince Caspian the movie...

    I BET KLAUS IS ADORABLE IN THE SHOW.

    Oh Marius. So I've really only read the book, and he...drove me nuts in that. But VICTOR HUGO drove me nuts, so. I bet Eddie Redmayne makes Marius more loveable than Hugo does.

    ALBERT. I actually liked him a lot in the book, I think? but in a totally, completely different way than I did in the movie. Cuz they're two completely different characters, you're totally right.

    And that is all the ones I know. How sad. I should know more. They seem like lovely boys. *pats them on the heads and offers them fresh-baked cookies*

    Again. Love this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course Dick does! <3 These last few chapters just keep proving how much of my child he is as he is so uncomfortable and trying his best and I want to just give him the biggest hug. Which would probably freak him out as he has no idea who I am. Which is why I just have to keep telling you how much I love him. ;)

      Because you are kind of Dick's rightful mother (lucky!) I had a feeling you would know these characters. :D I'm not hinting at anything at all, but maybe you should do your own list... *cough* so I can fangirl all over again *cough*

      It's been so long since I've seen Prince Caspian in its entirety that...well, the last time was in the theater when it came out and my little sister does not remember it at all. XD

      HE IS. He's brave in the midst of all the unfortunate things, but he hates he and his sisters have to go through it all. Any estimates for when you will continue reading the series? ;)

      Wait...if you've only read the book then how do you know the song "Stars"? I feel like you would love the musical, but I could be wrong. I definitely saw how annoying Hugo could rub off on people with Marius's portrayal in the mini series, but Eddie Redmayne makes Marius nothing but kind and wonderful. *dissolves into happiness*

      I did come around to Albert in the end of the book, but it took a long time from the shock of a movie I've been watching for years. XD I didn't know you had seen the movie! I would love to hear your thoughts on it!

      They ARE lovely, even when the movies/shows they are in are not always (*looks sideways at Poldark*). I think Tewksbery would happily accept cookies. :D

      Thank you so much for your wonderful comment! Reading everyone's love for these characters has been my favorite part of this post! :D

      Delete
  3. Yes to Ben, Merlin and Caspian! I love them all so much!! <3

    www.melodypersonetteauthor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melody, they are just darlings! <3 I'm glad you're a fan of theirs, too!

      Delete
  4. I REALLY love this post concept. I don't especially have fictional Sons, or at least none that I can think of off the top of my head, buuuut I feel like at some point I've had similar feelings about book characters. I just don't have any evidence to back that up. XD In any case, I loved hearing about your Sons!

    You have maybe made me want to watch Prince Caspian and A Series of Unfortunate Events AND Enola Holmes. HOW, Chloe?

    Aww, Neville. He's not one of my favorite characters, but I have a certain amount of fondness towards him.

    MARIUS AHHHHHHH ok, HE might be my baby. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam, that surprises me, because you seem just like the person to adopt book characters. ;) I know you have a whole rest of a fictional family (uncles, aunts, siblings and parents, etc.) lined out. It's only a matter of time before you find some. I'm SO happy you enjoyed this post! I was wondering what you would think. :D

      This will not be the last time of me obsessing over those movies/shows, so you might want to watch them ASAP so you can be in on it next time. ;) (hint, more about Enola Holmes especially is coming soon, college allowing...) Now I can't remember, have you seen any of the other Narnia movies?

      Interesting! Now I'm curious where in ALL of the HP characters Neville is for you in terms of favorites...is this me challenging you to rank them? Maybe...

      MARIUS. <3 <3 <3 You've found your son! This whole post has been worth it.

      Delete
    2. Someday there will be more than just Marius...

      They're going on my list! (I just started a To Be Watched list, which...I'm hoping will be good for keeping track of things.) I've seen The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, but that's it.

      Okay, well, let's see. A Harry Potter Character ranking (non-exhaustive and without as much thought as I'd do for a blog post), here goes:
      Hermione
      Lupin
      Tonks
      Professor McGonagle
      Harry
      Ginny
      Mr. & Mrs. Weasley
      Ron
      Hagrid
      Dumbledore
      Dobby
      Sirius
      Snape, I do believe
      probably Neville somewhere about here...

      Delete
    3. Let me know the second that you find more than Marius! We will throw a party! :D

      A To Be Watched list is an excellent idea! Right now mine are several messy Pages documents that I should clean up. Are you doing yours in a journal or on a computer? Both PC and VotDT are so different from the books, but I kind of love them because they helped me get into Narnia (yes, I saw the movies first. Oh the horror. XD). I don't know what you would think of them!

      (You've already put more thought into that quick list than I have. XD I usually just rattle off three names then call it good). Excellent choices! Tonks is SUCH a favorite for me. I love her to pieces and now want to reread 5 to get all that I was missing until the end of 6. (Seriously, she is one of my few favorite parts of 6). I tend to get annoyed with Ginny, so I find it interesting that she is so high for you! I think I just love Ron too much and need to appreciate the other Weasleys more. XD I approve of your list except I have one quick question about adding to it: Where is Luna? ;)

      Delete
    4. I will. :)

      Mine are in a journal, and by no means exhaustive at this point. There's quite a bit I still need to add...

      I KNOW, Tonks is SO good! Idk why I like Ginny so much, and Idk if I'd like her if I reread, but I just do. And Luna...well, she's probably higher than Neville but maybe under Snape. I half like her, and half am freaked out by her delusions. XD

      Delete
  5. First, Merlin!! Gosh, he puts up with so much from Arthur. He actually ended up being one my favorite characters. I think part it is that he has so much power, but refuses to use it. Gaius is also a fantastic mentor and my second fav!

    Having read Les Mis this past summer, I actually liked him in the book as well as the movie. But I think Eddie R. really fleshes out his character.

    Haha! I hated that 2002 version of Monte Cristo so much!! It's like they threw the book out the window. Honestly don't remember what my thoughts were about Albert though. I did like him in the book. Particularly the whole duel scene!

    Awe, Cameron! I watched this movie a while back. Really liked it! Cameron was so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merlin should win an award for most trusty sidekick, based on all of what Arthur puts him through! Merlin is my sister's favorite, while I LOVE ARTHUR TO PIECES so we are always debating this. I love your point about him not using all of his power! He could probably blow up Camelot, so we're glad that doesn't happen. AND GAIUS. I love him so much! <3

      I'm glad that you were able to tolerate and even like Marius in the book! That gives me hope for when I will eventually read it.

      If I hadn't been watching the movie version for over a decade then I probably would hate how different it was, too. But as it is, my mind has it written that that is the correct version, lol! Man, the duel scene in the book cracked me up because of how dramatic it was.

      Yay! Someone else has seen that movie! Cameron seems to be one of the least known of these which makes me sad because he's my favorite. <3

      Delete
  6. I know exactly what you mean in this post, and I relate. xD Excellent list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Olivia! XD I had way too much fun with this post and I'm so honored by the response it has received! <3

      Delete
  7. I'm barely familiar with any of these characters (something methinks should be remedied)...but I know exactly which ones you're talking about! And I love them so much! "He'll be fine." And then, indeed, he never is. This was a really fun post idea, and also made me laugh multiple times. I love it!! (And DICK. Dick is so one of my top "babies," if I was making my own list. THE DEAR SOUL MUST BE PROTECTED AT ALL COSTS.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said you're barely familiar, so is there any one of these that you have a slight acquaintance with? They exist basically just for me to love them, haha! HE NEVER IS. Why?? It would help us all out if these characters could take care of themselves a little bit better. Aww, thank you so much, Sarah! I always think I'm hilariously crazy, so it's good to hear that others think it's funny, too! You know, I would LOVE to see a post like this with your characters that you have adopted... (DICK. There is a club for Dar, but Dick is the one who needs a club formed to protect him from the big bad world. HE IS SO SPECIAL TO ALL OF US!)

      Delete
    2. I'm familiar with Merlin! In fact, I meant to talk about him but for some reason I didn't! I know I've been pretty absent from the blogosphere in the past few months, for various reasons, so maybe I just missed you talking about it, but I didn't know you started watching Merlin???? And I love that show!!! Or at least...I love the beginning. I have mixed feelings as it goes along, especially how season 5 ends, BUT the CHARACTERS. Not just Merlin, but MERLIN. BABY. HE'S SO INCAPABLE AND YET SO POWERFUL AND SO DUMB AND YET SO WISE. *hugs him*
      (Um, yes. Dar has a fanclub, Dick needs a hugclub. We shall make this happen.)

      Delete
    3. I started watching it in March of 2020 and am only now in the fifth season (which is threatening to destroy my heart and I am not ready), so I have been watching it pretty slowly. I think I've only mentioned it two or three times, so that's easy to have missed! AH. THIS SHOW. It was in my top 3 favorite shows of all time until season 5 when Merlin has just been driving me crazy (I've heard some vague things about the ending and don't know how to process it when the time comes), but I still love him. As the show as a whole is still in my top five. Man, powerful, dumb, and wise are the PERFECT adjectives to describe Merlin! He needs some hugs and some more friends.
      (A HUGCLUB. This is perfect. Let me know anything I can do to spread the word about this club for Dick as my sister and I will be more than happy to help.)

      Delete
  8. Aww, I know exactly what you mean when you talk about characters being a "baby"..... I have plenty of then myself.
    So from your list, I know Neville, Ben, Caspian and Tewkesbury, and I love all of them (especially Neville). Such a fun post idea, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are some of your "babies"? Maybe I know them and love them, too!
      Thank you! Goodness, I love these characters way too much. Neville is so underrated, isn't he??
      McKayla, have you never seen 10 Things I Hate About You? I feel like that is a movie you would love!

      Delete
    2. Sorry to just jump in here but I'm backing up Chloe the MovieCritic, I think you'd love 10 Things I Hate About You, McKayla

      Delete
    3. See, McKayla, you've had a second vote for it! You should watch it!

      Delete
  9. I should see some of these!!!


    ..just did a new post.
    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you've been liking the Enola Holmes books, so it could be fun to hear what you think of the movie! The mystery is so complex. It's so good to hear from you, Rakayle!

      Delete
  10. Welcome to the unnecessarily long titles club XD
    That Enola Gif was on point.
    That whole episode of Merlin legitimately trying to kill Arthur was hilarious and one of my personal favourite episodes of the series.
    Love the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. also characters slightly above baby and border on toddler is such a perfect description. Honestly you're whole definition of a 'baby' character is on point

      Delete
    2. I've been so nervous about joining this club for so long because I didn't think I was cool enough, but the support I've received has been amazing. XD
      I have way too much fun with gifs, lol!
      THAT EPISODE. It is one of my favorites, tooooooo! Arthur never knew how much Gwen and Gaius saved him from. XD

      I was worried it would be too confusing even though it made sense to me, so I'm glad that it clicked for you!
      Thank you so much, Elizabeth!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles