"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

July 2020 is #CleanMovieMonth2020!

Hello, everyone!

I'm just popping in quickly to say that I am participating in #CleanMovieMonth2020! It is hosted by Pure Entertainment Preservation Society (PEPS) and the purpose of it is to celebrate the Motion Picture Production Code.
Now, I'm no expert on it (PEPS is! Everything I've learned is from them), but my understanding is this: The "Code" was a group of self regulators who would inspect films in the production stage to make sure that they were able to be watched by all ages. Making them wholesome, uplifting, and clean was their goal! Basically they wanted every film to be what we would qualify as a G rated movie nowadays. It ran from 1934-1965, but they were less thorough after 1954. In 1965 the current Rating System was established.

How does PEPS intend to celebrate the "Code"? Well, they have declared July as #CleanMovieMonth2020 (this is their third year doing it!) and the idea is to watch 20 American films from 1934-1954 in this time. They are going full-out and not watching a film from any other years, but they invite others to join with a more relaxed version. Just watch a few movies from 1934-1954 during July and think about the difference between them and films from other eras.

I have decided to go all out, too. Since summer is pretty busy for me I probably won't get 20, but (besides one thing that I have planned) any movie that I watch is going to be from 1934-1954! I'm posting here to make sure that I am held accountable.

For more information on #CleanMovieMonth2020 and tons of articles on the Code, check HERE.

PEPS is also hosting a second blogathon within #CleanMovieMonth2020. It is called the Code Classics Blogathon, where the focus is on American movies from 1934-1954 which were based on classic literature!
If you have a favorite film to talk about, they would love for you to join them. For more information and a list of topics claimed, go HERE.

What will be my first movie + review for July? Well, you'll just have to come back tomorrow to see my entry in Charity at The Sacred in the Secular's Olivia de Havilland Blogathon!


Until then, stay safe and healthy! How familiar are all of you with the "Code"? HERE is a post I wrote about it awhile back.

Thanks for reading!

MovieCritic

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles