"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Monday, January 9, 2017

The Book Sacrifice Tag

Hello!
Erudessa Arandruiel at The Flowering Vales has tagged me with this Book Sacrifice Tag, and my reaction was the same as yours Erudessa! But, this turned out to be really really fun! Thanks so much!




#1: An Over-Hyped Book
  Situation: You are in a bookstore when the zombies attack.  Over the loudspeakers you hear the military announce that over-hyped books are the zombies' only weakness.  What over-hyped book will you chuck at the zombies?

Mwa, Ha, Ha!!! I am generally biased if everyone likes it I don't see what is so good about it, but this book is really over-hyped. It took me awhile to think of it, everyone else had thought of such good ones, then it came to me!!!!
                                                                           

#2: A Sequel

  Situation: You are caught in a torrential downpour and you're probably the type who melts when you get wet.  What sequel are you willing to use as an umbrella to protect yourself.

Am I the wicked witch of the west? I have thought about this but I have no idea. I guess I'll say The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman. It is the sequel to The Golden Compass, and it was torture to read or at least it was when I was eight.
                                                           



#3: A Classic
  Situation: You're in English class and your professor won't stop going on about a classic that "revolutionized literature".  Personally you think the classic is garbage and you decide to express your opinion by hurling the book at his head.  What classic is that?

Well, I don't think I would ever throw a book at some one's head, (remember Jane Eyre?) and this was a very hard question because I like classics. But, I think I would have to go with The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling, I never got through it. Now thinking about it, I don't see what was so bad about it, but I'm going with it any way.
                                                 

#4: A Least Favorite Book

  Situation: You're hanging out at a bookstore (where else would you be?) when global warming somehow manages to to turn the whole world into a frozen wasteland.  Naturally, your only hope of survival is to burn a book.  Which book would you not regret tossing into the fire?

Isn't it global warming? Now, I've read stories that when you toss a certain book into the fire, and you take it out it's secrets are revealed. But, since this is my least favorite book, I am not sure. Could I say one of the above? Um, I don't know what to say. I think I will go with Lambing Out and other stories by Mary Clearman it is a book of short stories, the first one, Lambing Out, was okay, but the others were blah! I would tear out the first story, then put the rest in the fire!!

                                               

I am also going to do this extra question:


#5: A Series
  Situation: There's a flooded stream you have to cross on your quest and you can't get your feet wet.  Which series (oh yeah, by the way, you brought your whole bookshelf and also probably local library with you) will you use as stepping stones?

So, I was going to put the whole Golden Compass series, but I didn't mind The Golden Compass and I never finished The Amber Spyglass, so I have no idea. Okay, how's this, I just use The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass and when I get to the other side I pick up The Amber Spyglass to glance through later. I mean, The Subtle Knife was wet already...
                                            

I tag: anyone who wants to do it.
UPDATE 1-26-2017: Okay, so I was in a rush when I did this and I didn't have time to tag anyone, and I had forgotten I didn't until now so, the people I tag are: Kara and Hamlette. If ANYONE else wants to, go ahead!!!!
Once again thank you Erudessa!

MovieCritic

5 comments:

  1. What a unique tag! It was quite surprising, but I liked your answers. (Especially for no. 1)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Thank you, I think I cheated a bit with 2 and 5.

      Delete
  2. Love your answers!! And I love the Jungle Book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would too, I just was in a fantasy kick and anything that was not fantasy drove me crazy. But now I love classics so I would have to read it again and I'm sure I would love it! Thank you so much for tagging me!!!

      Delete
  3. This looks like a fun one! I'll have to see what I can come up with for it -- thanks for the tag :-)

    ReplyDelete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles