"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Friday, January 6, 2017

Movie Review: A Christmas Story (1983)

Hello!
In my family we celebrate the 12 days of Christmas, and then Epiphany so each day we open one present and for us today is the last day of Christmas, so I can still review this Christmas classic, A Christmas Story. Each year in the 12 days of Christmas we all watch this. It is tradition, and it is really hilarious! "I think everyone should have a Red Rider BB gun." I mean that I think this should be a family tradition for all. Here we go!

A Christmas Story (1983):

I little boy's story of one peculiar Christmas where all he wants is a Red Rider BB gun and he tries to find a way to get one; Parents,
"They looked at me like I had lobsters crawling out of my ears."
Teacher,

Santa,

he tries them all. Through all of this he and his friends are getting bullied by the notorious Scut Farkus. Leg lamps, day dreams, kid brother, old man, bunny suit, all of this in A Christmas Story.
Genre: Christmas, Comedy.
Costumes: 8, they aren't spectacular, but they really do represent the 1980s. My favorites are:

Ralphie's imagination for Miss Shields.

"I can't put my arms down!"
Script: 6, there are a few bad words and some references.
"In every family there is a kid who won't eat."

Crew:
Directed by: Bob Clark
Produced by: 
Rene Dupont
Bob Clark
Written by:
Jean Shepherd
Leigh Brown
Bob Clark
Based on: In God We Trust: All Others Pay Cash by Jean Shepherd
Starring:
Peter Billingsley as Ralphie, so I also reviewed Elf for this Christmas, and Peter Billingsley is in that too! He plays the elf, Ming.

Melinda Dillon as Ralphie's Mother
Darren McGavin as "The Old Man"
Narrated by: Jean Shepherd. The cool thing about this is that Jean Shepherd wrote the book and we get to hear him tell it!
Music: 7, "Deck the Horls wit Bours of Haary."
Music by: 
Carl Zittrer
Paul Zaza
Quotes: 9,
"It says, FRAGELA."

"I think that's fragile, dear."
Storyline: 7, there are a few iffy places.
Good For: So this is a new thing I'm trying this year, where I will say who I think it is made for.
Families, Anyone.
Overall: 7!
"I pulled it off!"

Thank you for reading!!

MovieCritic

2 comments:

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles