"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Friday, January 13, 2017

Book Review: The Penderwicks

Hello Everyone!
I am going to review The Penderwicks by Jeanie Birdsall today! This is one of my favorite books, because the character Jane Penderwick made me want to be a writer. Here we go!

The Penderwicks by Jeanie Birdsall:

"A Summer Story of Four Sisters, Two Rabbits, and a Very Interesting Boy"
This is the story of four girls and their father on a normal summer vacation which turns out to be not so normal, they run into gardeners, bunnies, angry bulls, Mrs. Tifton, and a very unusual boy.
Characters: 8
Favorite Characters:
Rosalind: I was surprised that when I re-read it, how young Rosalind is! When I read it the first time I thought of her as at least 14, when she is really 12! Guess I wasn't paying very much attention there. I love how she takes care of all her sisters.
Skye: "Blue Skye, blue eyes." It is very relatable that people are always switching her with Jane. I look like Skye and my older sister looks like Jane, and people used to always call me her, and her me because I'm taller.
Jane: I already said that she inspired me to love to write. I actually wrote to Jeanie Birdsall for a writing contest. I didn't even get mentioned, but I did it! Back to thoughts on Jane. I love the way she thinks through the problem!
Batty: She isn't in the least! She always makes sure no one is forgotten.
Words: 9
Storyline: 8, There is a little kissing, so if you really dod not like that there is only a tiny bit, or if you are like Skye and just stick your tounge out, say, "Ew!" and just move along, either way I recommend it!!
Quotes: 8, "This I Swear on the Penderwick Family Honor."
Good For: Families, Sisters, Writers, Anyone.
Overall Score: 8!!

Sorry this is a short review, I really wanted to do this review of one of my favorite books!!!
Thank you for reading!!!

MovieCritic

2 comments:

  1. Oh, The Penderwicks is a great book-serie! I've already re-read it like four times or something like that. You know what would be great? If they made a movie of it, and then really LIKE the book, not a bit like the book. Never mind short posts, I make them a lot, even when I didn't mean to make it a short post. Love this post, I always love reviews about pretty great books, especially when I've read it more than two times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really need to read the rest of the series! A movie really would be great!! Thank you! Those are the best because you can read the review and have it free of spoilers! Thank you so muvh for your lovely comment Ruth! You made my day!!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles