"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Book Review: Johnny Treimain

Hello!
I'm sorry, I don't usually do posts two days in a row, but I have this weird thing that I always have to do a post on the 19th of the month because that is the day I started my blog, but I forgot yesterday and I did a post so here I am doing one today. Enjoy! I just finished this and thought I would share it with all of you! I didn't really want to read it but I had read at a lot of places that it was really good, so I tried it, and I loved it! Here it is, Esther Forbes Newbery Honor Award winning novel:

Johnny Tremain, by Esther Forbes:


Johnny Tremain is a young boy who is a blacksmith's apprentice at the time of the American revolution. He helps out with lots of famous happening such as the Boston tea party.
Characters: 9, there really are some fun people here!
My favorites: 
Johnny: he mopes around sometime like we all do and he sometimes is bossy, but I love how much effort he puts into doing things.
Cilla: I love how willing she is to help everyone.
Rab: I love how committed he is in everything he does.
Words: 9, if there are bad words there are only one or two.
Quotes:  7, ''The British soldiers went about their business as though oblivious of the many hostile, curious eyes watching them.''
Storyline: 7, it really is a great story, but there are some disturbing things and death.
Good For: Orphans, Families, Some one with injuries, Anyone.
Overall Score: 8.

This really is a fun book I hope you will try it!

MovieCritic

2 comments:

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles