"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Thursday, December 5, 2019

Movie Review: Chicken Run (2000)

Hello, everyone!!

This is my 100th movie review! Well, movie review post because I am going off of my label Movie Reviews. This is not exact because in several posts I've had more than one movie that I reviewed, and I am also not counting reviews of TV shows or mini series', which I have a lot of posts devoted too.

Don't worry, the ratio of this isn't 1:3 for movie reviews on this movie review blog, I just have other things, too.

For this special occasion I was trying to find a movie to be the 100th that I have reviewed. I was reading through an old writing prompt book of mine and found a prompt that was "Write a movie review". This was before I started this blog (so, a long time ago) and I thought that it was hilarious and worth showing. For this sake I am putting it exactly as it is and not adding anything or taking it out. The only thing is I will be putting my mom's corrections in red.

Mild spoilers, but nothing really important. Enjoy!


Chicken Run ☆☆☆☆(4) / ☆☆☆☆☆ (5)
It was fairly good. To me it is just so amazing all the work they put into it. It's clay animation, so every minute has (?) about three thousand photos! My favorite part was either when they were escaping the machine, or all the parts when they were putting the plane together. There were a few problems, like such as chickens don't kiss, but that can be over-looked (one word). I would watch it again, and recommend it to others.


I never use stars for my reviews so it was funny that I did that. Look at me go, trying to be all professional. I'm also glad that I did so much research. NOT. I'm a bit of a literalist, I guess, with the "chickens don't kiss". Where did I come up with "three thousand photos per minute"? For some actual research, according to Wikipedia and BBC, it is the "highest-grossing stop motion animated film in history".

Now for some details in case any of you are interested:
When Mrs. Tweedy decides to make a company of making and selling chicken pot pies, Ginger knows that they have to escape. An American rooster named Rocky arrives just in time, and although he is hurt the chickens convince him to teach them how to fly. Will they learn in time?
Genre: Adventrue, Family.
Length: approx. 84 minutes.
Script: 9, I don't recall any bad words, a few rude comments, though.
Crew:
Directed by: Peter Lord & Nick Park.
Written by: Karey Kirkpatrick, Peter Lord, & Nick Park.
Starring the voices of:
Julia Sawalha as Ginger.
Mel Gibson as Rocky.
Miranda Richardson as Mrs. Tweedy.
Tony Haygarth as Mr. Tweedy.
Benjamin Whitrow as Fowler.
Timothy Spall as Nick.
Phil Daniels as Fetcher.
Jane Horrocks as Babs.
Imelda Staunton as Bunty.
Lynn Ferguson as Mac.
Animation: 10, as I said above, so much work goes into it!
Animation by: Dave Alex Riddett, Tristan Oliver & Frank Passingham.
Music: 7, I honestly have no recollection of it.
Music by: John Powell & Harry Gregson-Williams.
Quotes: 8. "I don't like gravy."
Content: 7, there is some crude humor, dangerous situations (I believe the official term is "mild peril"), and some kissing.
Originality: 9, it's a fun idea of chickens trying to run away from being eaten.
Age Range: I really liked this when I was little, so I think most kids would enjoy it too.
Overall Score: 8.


Thanks for reading! I hope you like my thoughts from when I was younger! What do you think of this movie?

MovieCritic

8 comments:

  1. Haaaa I remember watching this when I was little! I think I was really invested but it's been so long, I have precious little recollection of the actual film...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the same with me! I remember being really into it, but before I refreshed my memory I couldn't recall any of the story except that it was about chickens!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on 100 review posts!!! :D
    Chicken Run is a HILARIOUS movie, in my opinion...have you seen Flushed Away? It's by the same studio that made Chicken Run, and I think it might be even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna!!! :D
      This movie is so funny! I saw Flushed Away when I was really little and thought that it was so weird. Thinking back on it now, it seems like a hoot, so I should rewatch!!

      Delete
  3. My favorite aspect of this movie is all the ways they mirror The Great Escape and other WWII-set prison break films. My husband and I quote the line "The chickens are revolting" a lot :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't until I was writing this review that I realized the similarities to The Great Escape! Man, I still have to see that movie all the way through. Haha, yes, this movie has good quotes! :-D

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles