"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Friday, June 28, 2019

Movie Review: Enchanted (2007)

Hello, people!

How are you all doing today? For today's movie review, I am reviewing a movie that I have seen a lot. Every once in a while my grandma will take me or one of my sisters just to stay a few days with her. We go shopping, watch movies, and just hang out. The very first time I ever went with her we rented this movie!

"You have got to be kidding me."

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless I give you warning.


Enchanted (2007):
'"Where did you send her?"
"To a place where there are no happily ever afters."'
Giselle has always dreamed of finding her true love. When she meets Prince Edward, they know that they have both found it. But, Edward's stepmother, Narissa is not so happy about it. To prevent them getting married, she pushes Giselle down a well that brings her to a strange place: New York City. Lost, sad and alone, she meets Robert and his daughter Morgan and they decide to help her... for the night. Meanwhile, Giselle's chipmunk friend Pip and Prince Edward are looking for her, with the "help" of Nathaniel who pledges loyalty to Narissa. Will they find each other and make it home or will Narissa find another way to get rid of Giselle?
'"I hope you had nice dreams."
"I think I'm still in one."'
Genre(s): Fantasy, Comedy, Romance, Family.
Length: approx. 105 minutes.
Costumes: 7, some of them are a little low, and there is a scene where someone isn't really wearing anything, but I love how Giselle "makes" her own clothes!
"Just because she has a funny dress on doesn't mean that she is a princess."
Costumes by: Mona May.
Script: 10, no bad words!
"You are not a very nice old man!"
Crew:
Directed by: Kevin Lima.
Written by: Bill Kelly.
Starring:
Amy Adams as Giselle.
Patrick Dempsy as Robert Philip.
James Marsden as Prince Edward.
Timothy Spall as Nathaniel.
Idina Menzel as Nancy Tremaine.
Rachel Covey as Morgan.
'"I'm only six."
"You won't always be."'
Susan Sarandon as Queen Narissa.
Jeff Bennett and Kevin Lima as Pip .
They also had a lot of cameos of people who are in other Disney movies:
Paige O'Hara as Angela .
Jodi Benson as Sam.
Judy Kuhn as Pregnant Woman with Kids (uncredited).
Isiah Whitlock Jr. as Mr. Banks.
Jon McLaughlin as himself.
Julie Andrews as the Narrator.
Cinematography/Animation: 9. The really cool thing about this movie is that any of it Andalasia is animated (classic style!!), and any of it in New York is live action! I love that they did this.
'"What sort of awful place is this?"
"It's reality."'
Cinematography by: Don Burgess.
Music: 9, the song "That's How You Know" is my favorite!
Music by: Alan Meken.
Quotes: 8, "Everybody has bad times, do we sacrifice our good times for them?"
Storyline: 8, there are some suggestive things, kissing (it is a romance), and it deals partly with divorce, but that's it!
Good For: Disney fans, anyone!
Age Range: As I always say, it's Disney so it is for all ages!
Overall Score: 8.5!
Bonus thoughts:
This is a very fun movie. It has colorful costumes, animation and cinematography. It makes fun of "love at first sight" while at the same time making a tribute to Disney's past films. My mom doesn't really like Amy Adams in movies, but even she really enjoyed watching this.


And that wraps up my review! Have you seen this movie? What do you think of it?

Thanks for reading!

MovieCritic

14 comments:

  1. I love this movie, though I haven't seen it in years ;D Great review, and loved the quotes :)

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't seen it in years either until two days ago. I had forgotten how great it was! Thanks, Keturah! Quotes are the best. :)

      Delete
  2. This is a great movie! It has a great twist to the classic princess.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It is so cool to see how many references they put in here. They did a really great job!

      Delete
  3. I really love this movie--you know that. :)
    It's just so sweet and full of timeless Disney goodness. *sigh* Great review! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe that a went through a time when I didn't like this movie? I thought I was "too old" for it our something. I was wrong and I am glad that I realized it. It is great! <3 Thanks, Elanor!

      Delete
  4. I've seen this movie a lot. I remember a few years ago I just randomly started to sing a song in public like Giselle did. It probably looked really funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister has done that, too! I think that it is so cool when people do that. Sometimes we just feel like singing!

      Delete
  5. Definitely. I sometimes feel like singing REALLY early in the morning when nobody else is awake but I don't...cause purposely waking people up is pretty rude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been there, too! I don't usually sing, but whenever I do I have to tell myself, "This isn't a good time!" because usually it's super late at night.

      Delete
  6. The animation in this movie is really beautiful, I think. And, I really love the quirkiness of Giselle's character. (I also loved how *spoilers* she rescued Robert in the end, instead of her being rescued by a prince *end spoilers*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I totally agree with you! This classic animation style is my favorite. <3 Giselle is so sweet. (Yes! Also, I love how Robert wasn't a weak character, but that they helped each other out in so many ways. One of my favorite couples!)

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles