"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Monday, September 5, 2016

Movie Review: Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Hello Everyone!
Sorry I haven't done any thing in a few days! My last post was a big hit and I was trying to savor it. Please guess at my Movie Quote Game Post! I will put the answer out in a few days but only one person has guessed! Anyway, I am doing a review of the movie, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, as you can see from the title.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off:















Ferris Bueller's Day Off is a 1989 comedy. One day a high school senior decides to fake being sick and have a day of fun with his best friend and girl friend in the big city of Chicago, did I mention, In a Ferrari! Everything is going fine until the principal, Edward Rooney gets suspicious that this isn't any sick day and starts to investigate.
Costumes: 6 "What does he looks like, can you describe him to me?" "Leather jacket, white shirt, leopard vest, and extremely handsome."
Script: 3, AGH!!! There are sssssssooooo many bad words in here!! May I ask why?? They don't need to have bad words for emphasis, but they do. So if you watch this in some parts you just need to close you ears. (Told you I would deduct the score for bad words), but as my Mom says, "I would rather have someone say a few swear words than a lot of violence.
Crew: 7, eh, back to the bad words.
Directed by: John Hughes
Produced by:
John Hughes
Tom Jacobson
Written by: John Hughes
Cast:
Matthew Broderick as Ferris Bueller "He's a righteous dude."
Mia Sara as Sloane Peterson
Alan Ruck as Cameron Frye
Jeffer Jones as Edward R. Rooney
Music: 7 Surprising how many times someone hums or sings "Danke Schoën" Also interesting STAR WARS reference.
Music by:
Ira Newborn
Arthur Baker
John Robie
Quotes: 6 "Bueller...Bueller..."
Story: 7 the story is an okay one, it is super hilarious except with the CREEPY guy in the police station, and bad words.
Facts: Ferris was named after director John Hughes' life long friend Bert Bueller.
Overall Score: 6
Quiz: What is the license plate of the Ferrari say? (I know, what is with me and license plates? In movies they are sometimes funny but you only have a few seconds to see them so it is fun to look for, this one is easy because it is seen a lot of times.)

I know this isn't the best movie, but it is really funny.
Thanks for reading!!!!

MovieCritic 

2 comments:

  1. Basically exactly my thoughts on it. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would, but why so much language?? Ick. But it IS hilarious, and it's really quotable: "Bueller...Bueller..." "It is SO choice." xD xD

    Great review, and I like that you include fun facts!

    ReplyDelete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles