"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Sunday, May 9, 2021

An EPIC High Stakes and Daring Deeds Would You Rather Tag!

 Hello, everyone, and happy mother’s day!

In case you didn’t know it, I’m here to tell you that Heidi at Along the Brandywine has been hosting an Epic Story Month which started April 5th and is still going until May 14th. How awesome is that? I already reviewed my favorite epic movie Willow (1988), but I’m here now to fill out the tag that Heidi put together!



Would you rather...:

1) …fight a dragon or a giant?

Dragons are friends, not foes. Look at how cute they are!
It’s better to just befriend the dragon than even try to fight because this could happen which would be extremely unpleasant.
I’m rather tall so I could hoist my own against a giant. All that really matters is leverage. I could go with so many different tactics...Yeah, I’ll be fine. I choose the giant.


2) …time travel back to ancient Egypt or go to Mars?

I already know more about ancient Egypt than I would ever want to know. You guys don’t understand, I know almost everything about it. My sisters and I got very tired of that. It is on this planet, but space sounds fun. Let’s go with Mars!



3) …explore a deep dark cave or a long lost, underwater city?

Caves have snakes and all kinds of other weird creatures, so no.
I love water, so count me in for the trek into the depths! Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001) was a favorite movie that my sisters and I watched over and over again so I am totally down for that.



4) …be a court jester or lead a wagon train?

Court jesters kind of live in fear of their lives because any wrong move and they could be killed off. All the same, I’d rather do that than have the pressure of leading people to a destination through the wilds. If Danny Kaye can fake it then so can I.



5) …eat a meal with hobbits or Master Tumnus?

Is there even any question?
I just spent a whole post telling you why I love Narnia so much, so that is the obvious answer.


6) …walk through an enchanted mirror or jump into a pool leading into another world?

Guys, you don’t know how hard a decision this is. I LOVE mirrors and going through one for any reason is an awesome concept, but a pool leading into another world? Both sound awesome. I want them both.

I guess it is more common to have a mirror that might be enchanted, so I wouldn’t want to pass that up. Final choice, the mirror.


7) …live in a castle or a house in the treetops?

Castles are fine and dandy, but I’ve wanted to live in the Swiss Family Robinson’s treehouse since I first saw that film many a year back. They have so many inventions that are just epic. So I’ll stay in my house in the treetops and wish you luck on trying to get a palace of some kind.



8) …go over a waterfall in a barrel or climb Mt. Everest?

Walking isn’t really my think as much as being near the water. I will definitely choose the waterfall!



9) …ride a buffalo or be a cannoneer in a sea battle?

I am an expert on buffalo. I’ve had them wander down the street. Trust me, you don’t want to get anywhere near them. While being near a battle sounds less than inviting, I can at least do it with some hope of success. I’ll lose my hearing being so close to those big booms but at least I’ll not have all of my bones smashed.


10) Bonus question: you’re caught by the Bad Guys and tied up to a chair when a fire erupts at your feet (long story ;)). Do you break the ropes and tumble out the window, yell for help, or hop your chair across the room to take refuge in the cold fireplace/chimney corner?

I’m the one who started the fire so of course I have an escape plan. I have a knife or gizmo in the heel of my boot that I can pop off and aid me and Artie in our escape. Because you can bet that I’m filling in for Jim West on this mission.

Bet you that Jim just shot a grappling hook from that gun. That's his favorite thing to do with it.


Thanks to Heidi for hosting! Check out the other entries HERE. There is still ample time to join in the fun if you want to!

Readers, thanks for making it to the end! What do you think of my answers? How would you escape from being tied in a chair when there is fire? Anyone else have trouble on whether to choose a mirror or magic pool? Did you get any of my references? Are there any you didn’t get?

Again, happy mother’s day!

MovieCritic

8 comments:

  1. This is such a fun tag! I love the GIFs. Picking between an enchanted mirror and a pool that leads to another world would be so hard for me, too.
    Okay, I know there are references here (like I could mostly tell when something was a quote), but I have no idea what it is that you're referencing. Although, now I'm curious to know what they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, McKayla! I had a lot of fun picking out the GIFs (and spent more time doing it than I should have...) so I'm glad you think they're fun. I guess I go into different worlds by reading books all the time, but it would be so cool to do one of those things for real!
      Some of my references that I had were from: How to Train Your Dragon, WALL-E, Indiana Jones, The Court Jester, The Princess Bride, Pippi Longstocking, and The Wild Wild West. At least, those are the ones that I can see from skimming through!

      Delete
  2. This was a lot of fun! I love the GIFs and you love Atlantis! I showed it to my siblings for the first time recently

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It being fun to read was my goal and I was successful! Atlantis is such a classic in my family so it's really fun that you saw it with your siblings.

      Delete
  3. Great choices, Dragons are friends!
    Atlantis is one that stuck with me, I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even when dragons are the "enemies" in stories, I still want to be their friend, lol!
      Atlantis is so funny and sweet and all around a blast!

      Delete
  4. We literally have all the opposite answers except for the treehouse. XD XD

    The thing about Ancient Egypt is the sense of mystery...we may know everything that the archeologists know, but there's a lot the archeologists *don't* know...

    I've never actually watched Atlantis? Is this something I should fix?

    WAIT you live in a place where bison regularly wander the street? DO YOU LIVE IN YELLOWSTONE? *cough* um, because that would be cool. XD (I maintain that bison are better than raccoons, by the way, as far as wild-animals-in-the-vicinity go.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD XD It's so funny because we are very similar in so many things, but we showed that we are different, too!

      Hey, I hadn't thought of that! I might be a little full of myself thinking that I know everything, eh? It shows because recently my mom found an old article about an artifact that was describing it as a headdress when we now know it was a necklace. Stuff like that could be the same with many Egyptian things.

      Sam! Atlantis is so fun! It is quite the hidden gem. You should totally give it a try!

      I WILL NEITHER CONFIRM NOR DENY. ;) Well, raccoons are bolder which is annoying, but if you went one on one with a bison you would not win whereas there might be a chance with the raccoon...

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles