"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Saturday, December 19, 2020

Answers to the Guess the Drawing of the Actor Game!

Hello, everyone!

It's time for the answers to my Guess the Drawing of the Actor Game!

First off, I want to thank everyone who guessed! Whenever I'd see that a new comment was up I would read through it ten times before reading it out to my sister. Such a good time! We loved absolutely all of your guesses, so thank you all so much!

Now, the time to acknowledge that in my rush to show these all to you, I made two mistakes. I either said "modern" which was a little misleading, or I just said "actor" and forgot to include "singer". Thanks to Emily Grant for pointing one of them out to me! I'll mention which ones I did that on when we come to them, but I wanted to say sorry for unintentionally misleading you guys in any way.

I'll have each of our pictures next to the reference photo that we used for you to see how close we were. On some of these we will be listing our favorite guesses that you guys made, "honorary mentions" if you will. Please tell us your favorites and what you think of the honorary mentions!

If you enjoyed our art and what to see more of what Fiona does, check out her Instagram art account, @FionaCateCreates.

It is the moment that you've been waiting for. Who were we actually intending to draw?



1. Tom Hanks.


(1) Art by Fiona.
Modern Actor. Time to draw: approx. 20 minutes.





2. Emma Thompson.


(2) Art by MC.
Can you see what I was going for?







(2) Art by Fiona.
Modern Actress. Time to draw: 7 minutes.


You can all see how much better Fiona's is than mine. This was her right after we finished:

Just joking! She doesn't think it's that bad, just hilarious that I didn't do any eyes. We think that mine looks like Benedict's mask in Much Ado About Nothing (1993), so that's something!



 3. Sofia Carson.


(3) Art by Fiona.
Modern Actress. Time to draw: 7 minutes.


This is Fiona's favorite that she did, so she was very happy when Emily Grant guessed it! I had no clue who it was, so I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. And I even got five guesses.

Honorary Mention: I like Rachel's guess for Mila Kunis.



4. Frank Sinatra.


(4) Art by MC.
Older Actor/Singer (hence the musical note). Time to draw: 7 minutes.

Honorary Mention: Anna (from Pages to Remember) guessed Donald O'Connor from his role in Singin' in the Rain (1952), and as that is my favorite movie of all time, it is guarenteed to be mentioned. Plus, Fiona guessed that's who it was, too, when I first showed her.



5. Mark Hamill.

(5) Art by Fiona.
Modern Actor. Time to draw: 8 minutes.


This is the one that I messed up on. As Emily pointed out to me, Mark Hamill started his career in 1977, which would qualify him as an "older actor" based on the years that I put. My bad, because I was thinking that since The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi were in the 80s, I could just round. But, the picture Fiona used for reference is from A New Hope. Sorry if that confused anyone!

Honorary Mention: When we showed this to our dad, he said, "It's your man from Harry Potter!" He meant Rupert Grint, and since Livia Rachelle guessed the same, it gets a mention! Now that it is pointed out to us, they do look similar.



6. Cate Blanchett


(6) Art by MC.
Modern Actress. Time to draw: 8 minutes.

This is my personal favorite of all the ones that I did! And quite a few of you guessed it, so it must not be half bad (Don't ask me what I even do when it comes to hair. I have no clue).



7. Bette Davis.


(7) Art by Fiona.
Older Actress. Time to draw: 6 minutes.

"She's got Bette Davis eyes..."

Honorary Mention: This goes to Sam's guess of Katharine Hepburn, because I can totally see that!



8. Lin-Manuel Miranda.


(8) Art by MC.
Modern Actor. Time to draw: 6 minutes.

I'm so sorry to lead you all on with the "actor", because he is a composer and so much more. I should've put "singer" as well. My bad! The thing is, I am currently watching him the the series His Dark Materials, so I thought "he's and actor in that!" and kind of forgot everything else.

This is a horrible drawing, but at the same time, it kind of looks like him. I think that my drawing looks like the Phantom of the Opera. Anyone else see that?



 9. Ben Platt.

(9) Art by Fiona.
Modern Actor/Singer. Time to draw: 6 minutes.

Fiona hates this one and it took me awhile to convince her to put it as part of the game. I think it's great!

Honorary Mention: Fiona says that Finneas is a pretty good guess from Skye!



10. Julie Andrews.


(10) Art by MC.
Older and Modern Actress (sheʼs so well-known in both that if I donʼt tell you one Iʼm not giving you enough information.) Time to draw: 6 minutes.

I thought that this was one of my worst, but so many of you guys guessed it! Way to go! As you can see, my reference picture was one of her recently taken, but strangely enough my picture looks like her in her early days.

Honorary Mention: I agree with Anna Black and think that this picture looks more like Drew Barrymore.



11. Ariana Grande.

(11) Art by Fiona.
Modern female Singer. Time to draw: 6 minutes.


GUYS. This is one of my favorites of Fionaʼs! Can you believe that she did this in 6 minutes?? It is even better in real life. We don't think this is the exact photo that she used for reference, but it is pretty close.



12. Paul Rudd.


(12) Art by MC.
Modern Actor. Time to draw: 6 minutes.

This is my second favorite of mine because even though it is so weird I think itʼs pretty good.

How I was feeling after this one:

Then I thought:



Guess what I did. 
I got cocky. I never did a really great one after that.



13. Peter Lorre.


(13) Art by Fiona.
Older Actor. Time to draw: 6 minutes.

Honorarly Mention: We are calling him William Shatner because both our older sister and Rachel and guessed that!

It was a bit of a funny mix up with me and my dad guessing, because we both guessed Peter Lawford, and were telling Fiona, "It doesn't look like him..." And she answered us, "That's because it's not!"



14. Gal Gadot.


(14) Art by MC.
Modern Actress. Time to draw: 7 minutes.

Everyone thinks that this looks nothing like her. Eh. What can I say? I thought she was going to be so easy to draw, and then she wasn't. I was cocky.

Honorary Mention: Skye's guess of Anne Hathaway. Excellent guess!



15. Mickey Rooney


(15) Art by Fiona.
Older Actor. Time to draw: 6 minutes.



16. Elizabeth Taylor



(16) Art by MC.
Older Actress. Time to draw: 6 minutes.



17. Julia Roberts


(17) Art by Fiona.
Modern Actress. Time to draw: 6 minutes.



18. Oscar Isaac


(18) Art by MC.
Modern Actor. Time to draw: 6 minutes.


I told you, #17 and #18 look nothing like the people who they are supposed to. I actually like to call #18 Zac Efron because I think it looks more like him, but Fiona doesn't think so. Our older sister highly agrees with all of you who guessed Tom Hiddleston.



19. Timothée Chalamet


(19) Art by Fiona.
Modern Actor. Time to draw: 6 minutes.

Also known as "That guy from Little Women who looks like a pointy Italian shoe". Rachel, I don't know why, but my older sister and I love that guess so much.

This is my second favorite of Fiona's because once again I am stunned by her ability to draw like that in 6 minutes. How in the world did she do that??

I also think that he kind of looks like Josh Bryant, that Backstreet Boy clone from The Princess Diaries (2001).



20. Skai Jackson


(20) Art by MC.
Modern Actress. Time to draw: 6 minutes.

The quality of the picture of my drawing is really bad. It looks way more like her in real life. Sorry about that!



21. Rihanna


(21) Art by Fiona.
Modern Singer and sometimes Actress. Time to draw: 6 minutes.



22. Danny Kaye


(22) Art by MC.
Older Actor. Time to draw: 6 minutes.

I forgot to draw lines to make sure that his eyes were even, so it came out really weird. You'd think that by the end of all of this practice, I'd have a good one, but not really.




Scores:

Skye: 7

If you're curious about who everyone guessed, I've published all of their comments on the original post HERE, so check that out and congratulate them!

As you can see, we have a three way tie going for the top! Because of that, Livia Rachelle, Rachel, and Skye, you each get to choose someone for Fiona and I to draw! Leave me a comment on this post or email me here: queen13movies(at)gmail(dot)com
We'll feature the drawings in January! Probably January 19th just to be organized.


I think Blogger hasn't been giving me comments lately, so I'm sorry if it "ate" someone's guess! Let me know who you would've guessed, or if you think there is someone else who likes like any of these people.

Thank you so much to all of you for participating! We hope that you had fun. Now that you see the pictures, do our drawings look any better? Were you going to guess one of them? Tell me all of your thoughts!

Plus, would anyone be interested in anything like this again at a latter date? Have a good night!

MovieCritic

9 comments:

  1. This was super fun and very creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Livia! We're so glad that you liked it. Since you are one of the participants who guessed the most correct, name an actor/actress or singer for Fiona and I to draw by January 19th!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I was way off on some of them. But I'm glad I got in the top. I could totally see who some of them were after you gave us the picture. For me, I challenge you to draw Tom Holland. And I'm glad you liked my more out there guesses ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I probably would have guess Sofia Carson except I think of her as both a singer and an actress, so I didn't realize it was her.

      Delete
    2. Thank YOU for joining us! We thought that the reference pictures made it easier to tell, too, so we're glad it's not just us. Ack, I know I'm going to have so much fun drawing Tom Holland! Great choice.

      Yeah, Fiona is telling me, "I told you so!" Sofia Carson is definitely an actress AND singer. My bad! Sorry about that!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! How did I not get those??? XD

    Very fun, MC! Thanks for sharing y'all's amazing work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt that way after Fiona showed me hers for the first time. XD Aw, thank you for calling it amazing, Anna! We absolutely loved that you joined in!

      Delete
  4. I loved this! A lot of them seem so obvious now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was doing a lot of facepalming originally. Hey Skye, don't forget to pick someone new for Fiona and me to draw! We'll try our best. Thanks!!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles