"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Thursday, December 31, 2020

2020 Memorial

Hello.

The last day of the year is the time when I usually write a memorial for any actors or authors who we lost. This year I knew that it had to be bigger than that. The whole Earth has experienced loss as deaths have been higher this year for so many reasons.

It hasn't just been actors. Sure, they've been there, but there have also been singers, writers, TV show hosts, dancers, doctors, athletes, parents, children, aunts and uncles, business workers, teachers, friends, etc. etc. etc.......creators. Young, old, and somewhere in the middle. People from all over the world. Everyone has made an impact, so everyone is a creator and source of inspiration: a spreader of joy in different formats.

So many people have died from Covid-19, but also from old age, battles with cancer, abuse. Like the first list this one also, sadly, continues into infinity.

I think that every family in the world knows someone who isn't here to brighten the world as we continue the march on.


I've spent months trying to figure out what to say at this moment. I've pondered, searching for the right words, but there are none. I keep trying to make 2020 out to not be as bad as everyone says it was. I look for all the good that has come from it, and I am truly grateful. Right at this moment, though, I am saddened. This post is me taking my time to mourn. I know that I am usually on the selfish side, but right now I just want to think of all the people who have added to this world and aren't here today to see it.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

In no world could I have known all of you, but I miss you all the same.


Here's to the world and making it better in the memory of those who have gone before us...and better for those yet to come.


To all my readers, I wish all blessings to come to you and yours.

MovieCritic

4 comments:

  1. 2020 has been such a hard year, and we lost so many people. It's heartbreaking. Let's hope 2021 is better.
    Also, what are you talking about? You're one of the least selfish people I know (I mean, not IRL but it still counts).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A week into the new year and I still can't believe it. Having a 2021 be without as much loss is my biggest wish.
      McKayla, you are so sweet and kind! Thank you for that compliment! It means a lot to me and I'll try to live to it. <3

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles