"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Sunday, April 19, 2020

The Sunshine Blogger Award: X3

Hello, everyone!

It is truth universally known that I am really bad at answering tags because it takes me forever to get around to them. I was tagged for The Sunshine Blogger Award in July, August, and November and finally decided to fill them out because we could all use some sunshine right now. I don't usually do tags unless they involve books or movies, but some of these questions are related to that and I will put them in bold and blue. Enjoy reading!

Rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them. (Thanks to Ivy Miranda, Ceci, and Katherine & Grace!!!!)
2. List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post. (featured image)
3. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
4. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts. (I know that I got tagged 3 times, but I'm not taggind 33 people)
5. Ask the nominees 11 new questions.


Ivy Miranda's Questions:

1. Favorite time period?

Gosh, I don't know, all of history is super facsinating to me! I'm going to say either Medival times (because of Robin Hood!) or Regancy (because of Jane Austen!).

2. What fictional character (from either book or television) would you want to be?

This is an interesting question because usually it's "What fictional character are you?" but is is "Would I want to be?" My mind is coming up with so many possibilities I'm going to have to narrow it down somehow.

Am I replacing them in their situation, but still myself? Am I replacing them and like them? Am I like them but still in my current life?

Maybe I'm overthinking this. I'll go with stepping into their shoes: Juliet Ashton from The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society because she is learning so many stories from all of the people on Guernsey!

3. What three wishes would you ask the Genie from Aladdin?

If Genies can make people better then I would definitely wish for an end to COVID-19. But, I think that they can only give material things. In that case, I would probably wish for more books and movies. Oh, but a magic carpet would be pretty nice...

4. Would you rather raid the Galaxy with Han Solo or dig up relics with Indiana Jones?

Han Solo all the way! I absolutely love STAR WARS and Han is one of my favorites! Cruising around in the Millenium Falcon with him and Chewie would be amazing!

5. What frightens you the most?

While I did answer with Han Solo on the last question, there is something that Indiana Jones and I have in common:
We hate snakes! I am so terrified of them.

6. Do you collect anything?

Besides books and movies? I have a bottle cap collection, but I haven't done anything with it for awhile.

7. Do you like the supernatural (vampires, werewolves, etc.)? If so, what are your favorites?

In fiction sometimes yes, and sometimes no:
Vampires: Almost always no.
Werewolves: Yeah, I've read a few books and seen a few movies with them and it's an interesting idea that I am okay with. Just as long as it's not gory.
Ghosts: Eh, depends.
Zombies: There are only a few exceptions, like Zombies (2018).
Is this strange? A little. The songs are SUPER catchy and it has a sweet message.

8. What is the first song you remember hearing?

I really don't know! I guess the lullabies that I always used to listen to in order to fall asleep.

9. What's the most amount of books you've read?

According to Goodreads, I've read 369 books in my lifetime.

10. Whose your favorite and least favorite celebrity?

I really don't know! There are so many people in the world that I'm not going to choose favorites and least favorites.

11. What is your favorite candy or dessert? (you can answer both)

Candy: Anything fruity.
Dessert: Brownies!


Ceci's Questions:
1. What has been the best book you've read this year (as of yet)?

She asked me this in 2019, so my 2019 favorite was North & South - by Elizabeth Gaskell. Ah, I love that book so much! I need to reread.

And, my favorite book of 2020 so far is probably Anna Karenina - by Leo Tolstoy. I wasn't expecting to like it at all, but it was actually brilliant!


2.) Favorite summer memory?

So many good ones! I've had cookouts on the beach with my family several times, sleeping in a tent, going to fairs and concerts. Too many to choose!

3.) Pineapple on Pizza: Aye or Nay?

Aye! I don't really like pizza (*everyone gasps*), but I do like it when there is pineapple!

4.) Your song on repeat?

Right now it is "Level of Concern" - by twenty one pilots. Lately I've been really into this band and when my younger sister and I started listening to it for the first time we loved it! She said, "Oh, this is such a bop!" My older sister keeps yelling at us, "If you play that one more time I'm going to start singing Les Mis!" That doesn't sound like a threat, but it is because I've banned it.


5.) A moment in your life that has greatly impacted you?

Every year that I've gone to my church camp and being Confirmed!

6.) How did you get into blogging?

I love to rant about books and movies and the characters and facts about them. One time after my mom and sisters had been listening to me go on about something (I think it was Inspector Gadget (1999)) they said, "Why don't you start a blog?" Here I am.

7.) Who is someone that inspires you (real or fictional)?

Mother Teresa. They way she helped so many people is so beautiful! Here is one of my favorite quotes of hers:
"We will never know all the good that a simple smile can do."


8.) Something that always makes you smile?

My favorite books and movies (in the same process they will probably make me cry because I love them so much). Singin' in the Rain (1952),
STAR WARS,
Cinderella (2015),
the list goes on!


9.) Least favorite ice cream flavor?

I also don't really like ice cream. (*gasps intensify*) I know, I'm just breaking all the standards today! Probably chocolate, but I do like spumoni.

10.) That one song that you always start jamming to?

"When Can I See You Again?" - by Owl City from Wreck it Ralph (2014). No matter where I am, when I hear this I have to start dancing.


11.) Favorite book crush?

Everyone coming to my mind is from a movie. I guess you know what I've been doing lately. *sigh* Of course I'm going with Gilbert Blythe! (No, I have not seen a movie of it and I never shall because it is my favorite book of all time and I want to keep thinking of it the way that I picture it)


Grace and Katherine's Questions:
1. If you could design a room what would it be?

Wow, I've never even considered this. I know my sisters tell me about "interior design" but I'm always like, "What?" Whatever designs I would come up with would be covered by books being everywhere.

2. What countries are represented in your family history?

Three countries all above the equator. Any guesses?

3. What is your favorite flower?

Everytime I'm asked this I change my mind! All flowers are so gorgeous! I really like enchanted roses, do those count?
Being serious I really love Sego Lilies.

4. Have you ever listened to Adventures in Odyssey? If so, who is your favorite character?

I haven't, but being inside so much I have been listening to a lot of audiobooks so I might try it!

5. If you could remove a common trend in our society what would it be?

The need to be like someone else. You hear the complaints, "I want to be like everybody else!" or "That's weird because no one else does it!" I have to admit that I am an absolute rebel in the case and don't care whether if I'm werid or not.

6. If you could implement a common trend into our society what would it be?

Good question! I would say Patience. And, I need to have more of this myself!

7. Would you rather be cast as a hero or villain?

I would actually choose to be a villain. Besides villains having the best songs, they are fascinating characters! I feel that if I were to play a hero or heroine I would be way too cocky and proud, but with a villain I could really pull off the manical desperation or revenge. Not that I am like a villain! I mean, it is acting so you are playing someone who is not like you.
Yes, I'm thinking of Loki.

8. What is your greatest fear?

Man, I already said snakes in Ivy's question, so I guess that I can't use that. Probably of losing the people that I care about.

9. What is one thing you wish people knew about you?

I am an INFP and absolutely embrace it! So, I am not insecure and shy, I just usually don't feel like talking, thank you very much.

10. What is something you've discovered about yourself this year?

Once again, this was asked in 2019 so I will answer for that. I learned that sometimes just applying for something is all it takes. I learned (and I'm still working on this) that I don't have to be loud and outgoing to be a leader. Even when all I want to do is follow, I can be in charge when called upon.

11. Are you a Black and White person or more Grey?

I watch Black and White movies all the time! Haha! But, in opinions I'm always very Grey and want to hear what everyone else says.


As it is really late and I need sleep, I am cheating and just tagging anyone who:
1. Has watched a Marvel movie in the last ten days.
2. Has watched a famous Black and White film and loved it.
3. Has read Anna Karenina or North and South.
4. Has read all of the Sherlock Holmes stories.
5. Favorite color is blue.
6. Loves STAR WARS.
7. Has watched more the five adaptations of Jane Austen's novels.
8. Has watched all of the Pixar movies.
9. Needs a hug. (Here you go! <3)
10. Always reads the book before watching a movie based on it.
11. Needs something to-do today.


My questions:
1. What fictional character (from either book or television) would you want to be?
2. What three wishes would you ask the Genie from Aladdin?
3. Would you rather raid the Galaxy with Han Solo or dig up relics with Indiana Jones?
4. What has been the best book you've read this year (as of yet)?
5. Would you rather be cast as a hero or villain?
6. Favorite animated movie?
7. Favorite musical?
8. Favorite character in a book you hate?
9. BB-8, R2D2, or C-3PO?
10. Have you read the Narnia books? If so, what is your favorite?
11. Favorite thing that you've done while isolating?


Thanks again to Ivy, Ceci, and Katherine and Grace for tagging me! Thanks for reading!
Stay safe everyone!

MovieCritic

16 comments:

  1. I had totally forgot about tagging you for this! Great answers to all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really bad at doing things in a timely manner. XD Thanks again for tagging me!

      Delete
  2. I love what you said about being cast as the villain! Same. It'd be so much more fun. (Also, villains usually get to be sassier than heroes,so what's not to love. xD)
    I loved reading all your answers.
    And I never would've thought of switching places with Juliet but YES YES YES. And cruising the galaxy with Han...yep.
    (Also, snakes are terrifying. I don't understand how some people can want them as pets...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There are so many different ways you could play them, it would be so fun! And yes, the sass is definitely there, too. XD Such great quotes.
      I was having such a hard time with that question, then out of nowhere Juliet popped into my mind and she was perfect! You would get to ride in the Millennium Falcon! :)
      (*shudders* Yikes, why would someone do that!? Snakes are just no good.)

      Delete
  3. YOU LIKE ZOMBIES?? That's so cool, I rarely see other bloggers who like Disney Channel movies. ;D But yes, that's the only thing I like zombies in too, haha! Have you seen the second one?

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that you've seen Descendants, but I've been wondering if you've seen Zombies, too! :D It is so rare to find other bloggers who watch them! I saw the second one and I didn't like it better than the first one, but it was okay. :) What do you think of it?

      Delete
    2. I liked Zombies 2 a lot, but I still like the first one better. I just felt like they could have done a LOT more with the second one!

      Delete
    3. Same! While watching it my sisters and I would say, "Oh they're going to do this!" Then, "Oh, that's cool, too..."

      Delete
  4. I think it would be cool to dig relics with Indiana Jones. ;)

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it would be! I would do it if I wasn't worried about running into snakes. ;)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! And wow, you read Anna Karenina! I'm not quite that brave, but absolutely admire your tenacity!

    Btw, just noticed your list of favorites on the sidebar. I love Derek Jacobi. An absolute gem in everything I've ever seen him in. He's my second favorite Hamlet!

    And, thank you so much for agreeing to participate in my We Love Lucy blogathon! It'll be lots of fun!

    I have one teeny request and it's completely my fault because I didn't do my research first. I had to change the blogathon button backgrounds. I discovered I was accidentally violating copyright by changing the color of the background I had used (it's the same as my blog background and the artist who I purchased from is the only one permitted by copyright to change the colors). So the backgrounds are new on all the buttons. Would you mind going and selecting a new button for me? I'm so sorry for the hassle, but would really appreciate it. ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wouldn't have thought of it if my dad hadn't gotten me a copy! The chapters are really short so it was easy in that aspect.

      Yay, another Derek Jacobi fan! It seems like most people forget about him, but he is so good in every part, no matter how small! I haven't seen him as Hamlet yet, but I want to!

      Oh, I'm really excited to participate! No problem about changing the banner. I'm sorry that you had to remake them all!

      Delete
  6. I nominated you for another award, The Mystery Blogger Award.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pineapple does taste good on pizza, and I don't know why people hate it. Level of Concern is such a good song, I've been listening to it a lot. I also love that you would rather play a villain than a hero, it would be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Why don't people like it? I like it so much better than plain pizza. Yeah, I've listened to it almost everyday since it came out! It has an awesome beat. Being a villain would be a cool experience!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles