"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Monday, April 27, 2020

The Marvel Heroes Movie Tag

Hello!

I bet you are all tired of seeing me do tags, but this is the last one for this month. My remaining two posts will be movie reviews.

I am doing a tag that I have stolen that was created in December of 2017. Why the long wait? Well, it's about Marvel movies and I hadn't seen them all (or, any of them) at that time and I am pretty much caught up now. But why specifically today?
"Tradition!"
Hamlette, the creator, based it off of The Disney Princess Book Tag and I did a version of it on April 26th 2018 and a version on April 26th 2019.
You may say, "That's nice, MC, except that it isn't April 26th, it's April 27th." You are very observant. Well, these questions are really hard. I stayed up late last night trying to think of an answer to all of them, but decided that a nicely executed post a day late was better than a rushed and sloppy one at the last minute.

Enjoy my answers!

The Marvel Heroes Movie Tag:

Captain America: Name a movie with a "fish out of water" theme.

Weirdly enough, Edward Scissorhands (1990) is the only one coming to my mind.


Thor: Name a movie about learning to use power for the good of others.

To be honest, this was the last question that I answered because I could not figure out any to use. The only one I could think of was Henry from Ever After (1998). Finally, I broke and asked my sister. Guess what she said. Yep, Ever After (1998), so I'm going with it.


Iron Man: Name a movie about an inventor.

I love Caractacus Potts, so let's go with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (1968)!


Incredible Hulk: Name a movie with a main character who has two sides to them.

This question, this question, really stumped me. I guess Madmartigan from Willow (1988) has a demanding, selfish side, then he has a brave warrior side, too? I'm grabbing at whatever I can here.


Hawkeye: Name a movie that involves archery.

Hawkeye is my favorite! Hamlette used Robin Hood (which is the perfect answer), so I'll go with my favorite Pixar movie, Brave (2012).


Black Widow: Name a movie about spies.

Jimmy Stewart has to be on this list somewhere, so here's The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956). Surprisingly enough, this took me FOREVER to think of.


Black Panther: Name a movie about royalty.

I'm drawing a blank, and the only one I can come up with is The Princess Diaries (2001).


Vision: Name a movie involving androids or robots.

R2-D2 and C-3PO are my favorites, so I'm gonna say the original STAR WARS.


Spider-man: Name a movie about teens.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) is the first Harry Potter movie where they are all teenagers.


Ant Man: Name a movie about thieves.

Ocean's 8 (2018).


Scarlet Witch: Name a movie with powerful female character.

Shall we switch universes and go to DC? Wonder Woman (2017). I like Scarlet Witch better, just so you know.


Dr. Strange: Name a movie where a character learns to be a better person.

This goes for a lot of movies (I mean, it's why we love them, right?) but I'm choosing Harold Hill who learns his lesson in The Music Man (1962).


Falcon: Name a movie with a great sidekick.

Can you have a better sidekick then Sam is to Frodo? No, no you cannot. Actually, all of the fellowship is really awesome.


Loki: Name a movie with an antagonist/villain who steals the show.

Pretty much every Disney villain, right? My personal favorite is Scar, so I'm going to say The Lion King (1994).


Agent Coulson: Name a movie where an ordinary character faces an extraordinary situation.

The Wizard of Oz (1939). Dorothy Gale is a pretty ordinary girl and she gets sucked into the magical world of Oz!


Peter Quill: Name a movie with a character who is more than they appear to be.

Beauty and the Beast [(2017) or (1991)]. The Beast might look like how he is described, but he has a heart of gold on the inside.


Gamora: Name a movie with a character who changes allegiances.

Gosh, this was so hard. How to Train Your Dragon (2010) kind of works because Hiccup changes his allegiance from the vikings to the dragons? This is all I can come up with!


Drax: Name a movie with a physically powerful character.

Hamlette used the 2014 Hercules, so I'm going to do the animated version! Hercules doesn't know his own strength so he sometimes knocks things over (like a town).


Groot: Name a movie with a character who doesn't talk much.

Dopey in Snow White and the Seven Dwarves (1937) doesn't talk at all.


Rocket: Name a movie with a talking animal.

Cats & Dogs (2001). It took awhile for me to decide whether to put this in the spies or talking animal group, but as you can see I decided to pair it with Rocket.



Thanks to Hamlette for creating this! I hope you all enjoyed reading this! Stay safe!

MovieCritic

10 comments:

  1. Such a fun concept. Hawkeye is my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is just absolutely awesome! The only thing that I didn't like about Infinity War was that he wasn't in it!

      Delete
  2. Tony Stark and Chitty, Chitty Ban Bang! Loved it. All your answers are great. I’m not tired of all the tags. If I had to read one more blog post about The 10 Things To Do During Quarentine, I was going to go insane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the first answer that I came up with! Thanks! Oh, I know what you mean! About a week ago I thought, "I could do a quarantine post." And I told myself, "No! There are so many of them, and you have others that you need to do."

      Delete
  3. This was so much fun to read and you chose excellent answers! First off, can I say Ever After was one of the movies I became obsessed with in junior high. So good, and it fits the prompt perfectly! I would agree Samwise is the best. Period. Love The Music Man too - great story - and Dopey from Snow White is the cutest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed it! Thank you! I've watched Ever After more times than I can count because my sister loves it but it wasn't until the last few times that I got some things and really enjoyed it. Such a good movie! Sam is so loyal! The Music Man is in my top ten movies. Yes, Dopey is. :)

      Delete
  4. These are such good answers.
    Yes, Sam is the best sidekick ever.
    Ooh, I like spy movies. I should probably see The Man Who Knew Too Much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, McKayla!
      He is! J. R. R. Tolkien created an amazing character.
      Yes, you should! There are not a ton of gadgets, but the mystery and suspense are so good! I recommend it to anyone!

      Delete
  5. Love it!

    Ever After totally works for the Thor question, I think.

    Awww, Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang. Such a wonky movie, but so fun in parts.

    I love Willow. More specifically, I love Madmartigan ;-)

    I haven't seen Ocean's 8 yet! Sitting on my TBW pile. Did you like it?

    The Music Man is PERFECT for the Dr. Strange question. Kudos.

    I think HTTYD works twice, because Toothless also changes from attacking humans to befriending one.

    Cats & Dogs is so cute! My hubby and I quote it a lot, even though we haven't seen it for eons. "I'm onto you, kitty, and you're in big trouble!" "I think not, baby puppy, it is YOU who are in trouble."

    It was so fun to revisit these :-) Glad you did this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hamlette!

      Whew, I'm glad you think so! It took so long to think of it, which is surprising because my sister watches it all the time.

      Oh yeah! I've been watching it for as long as I can remember!

      It's been years since I last saw Willow, but I love it! Madmartigan is the best! <3

      It's pretty enjoyable! The cast is great. But, nothing can compare to the original Ocean's Eleven. I haven't seen the remade one yet, just Ocean's 8.

      Thanks! One of my favorites!

      That's true! I hadn't thought of that, but it totally works.

      Haha! I love movies that I can quote all the time! That is a perfect line that could be used in so many circumstances!

      Thanks for reading and for creating it! :-)

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles