"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Movie Review: STAR WARS VII: The Force Awakens (2015)

Greetings, everyone!

Today I'm doing a STAR WARS review, so you know what that means... it means that it must be an event of some kind! You are pretty close with that guess, it is a birthday! Yesterday was (sorry it's a day late! I was travelling) Harrison Ford's birthday, and he plays the iconic Han Solo in the STAR WARS series! I have reviewed the originals, and the prequels, but now onto the sequels!

Even though A New Hope is my second favorite movie of all time, I only saw it for the first time in 2015! My mom had us catch up on all of them so we could see episode VII in theaters. We did and it was awesome.
As always, I have to remind you that if you haven't watched them, you need to see them in this order:
IV: A New Hope (1977)V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)VI: Return of the Jedi (1983)I: The Phantom Menace (1999), II: Attack of the Clones (2002), III: Revenge of the Sith (2005), VII: The Force Awakens (2015), and VIII: The Last Jedi (2017).
Because otherwise, it won't be as good.

Sorry, I'm finally getting to it!

"So, who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?"

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless I give you warning.


STAR WARS VII: The Force Awakens (2015):
"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..."
A new threat is trying to rule the galaxy: the First Order. It is like the empire, complete with stormtroopers, a huge weapon, and a sith lord--the mysterious Kylo Ren. Luke Skywalker has vanished and the Rebels are looking for a map that could lead them to him. One little droid has it and is stuck on Jakku until he makes friends with a scavenger, Rey. With the help of Finn, a stormtrooper who is running away, they begin to bring BB-8 back to the Rebel base, but they are easily recognized. The First Order begins to use its weapon, will their next target extinguish the Rebellion?
'"What fight?"
"The only fight: against the Dark side."'
Genres: Sci-Fi, Fantasy.
Length: approx. 135 minutes.
Costumes: 8.
Script: 8, one or two bad words (thank you, Finn...not.)
'"Is that even possible?"
"I never ask that until after I've done it."'
Crew:
Directed by: J. J. Abrams.
Written by: Lawrence Kasdan, J. J. Abrams, Michael Arndt, & George Lucas
Starring:
Harrison Ford as Han Solo.
Carrie Fisher as General Leia Organa.
Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker.
(Usually I list them in order of importance, but those three always have to be next to each other.)
Daisy Ridley as Rey.
Adam Driver as Kylo Ren.
John Boyega as Finn, FN2187. "Why does everyone want to go back to Jakku?"
Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron.
Lupita Nyong'o as Maz Kanata. "If you live long enough you see the same eyes in different people."
Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca.
Andy Serkis as Snoke.
Domhnall Gleeson as General Hux.
Anthony Daniels as C-3PO.
Gwendoline Christie as Captain Phasma.
Cinematography: 9, ah!!! They did such a good job! A lot people complain about light speed being weird, but it is like that in the originals, too.
Cinematography by: Dan Mindel.
Music: 10! The STAR WARS soundtrack is my favorite of all time, so I always give it 10.
Music by: John Williams.
Quotes: 10! Poe and Maz are the most quotable. "I assume you need something, desperately."
Notes: There is one stormtrooper who has a very small part who is played by Daniel Craig and his name is JB-007 (Get it? Daniel Craig plays James Bond whose code number is 007!)
Storyline: 8, there is violence, gross things, killing, and death.
"The garbage will do."
Good For: STAR WARS fans, sci-fi fans, people who have lost others, everyone!
Age Range: The official rating is PG-13 for all of the violence, and I get that, but I think that most kids over 10 would be okay with it.
Overall Score: 8.5!
Bonus thoughts:
Why do I love this so much?
"A good question for another time."
I just do. A lot of fans say that it is too close to the original movie, but that is one of the reasons it is great! They are weaving such an interesting story, showing how the Force connects things, I love it! I haven't watched this one as much as I have watched some of the others, but I squeal happily every time I do. Also, R2-D2 will always be my favorite droid, but BB-8 is so adorable!


Happy late birthday, Mr. Ford! What do all of you think? Do you like this one? Thank you so much for reading!

MovieCritic

6 comments:

  1. This post reminds me of how impatient I am for Episode IX! :P

    But, yeah, this is a really good movie. I was very pleased with how they handled it. Good review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Hopefully I'll have VIII reviewed by then so I can review IX as soon as I see it! :)

      They did a great job! Infinitely better than the prequels. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. I have finally seen all the STAR WARS movies. They are all good, but I love this one. My favorite!

    asorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! They are so good! I'm glad that you this one is your favorite! It is pretty high on my list, too. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I love knowing that other people are STAR WARS fans!!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles