"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Announcing the Jimmy Stewart Blogathon!

Hello, movie lovers!

While I have been blogging, I have hosted four blogathons (three of which are the same). Since it has been awhile since the last one, I have decided that I should do another. Of course the first theme to come to mind is my favorite actor. Of all time.

Who is...

Jimmy Stewart!
I invite all of you to join me! It will run May 18th - 20th, because on May 20th it would have been his 111th birthday!

The Rules:

  1. You can write about anything that has to do with James Stewart. 
  2. I ask that because he made so many films that no two people review the same movie.
  3. You can do as many posts as you want, and just post them on either May 18th, 19th, or 20th.
  4. Comment below with what subject you would like to cover, and with your blog name and a link to it.
  5. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

The Buttons:

I am really excited about this (can you tell?), so I got a little carried away with the buttons. Please take one (or two) and spread the word!





Claimed posts:

-Movies Meet Their Match - It's a Wonderful World (1939)
-Movies Meet Their Match - Why Jimmy Stewart is My Favorite Actor
-A Story Detective - TBD
-Hameltte's Soliloquy - Harvey (1950)
-The Pen and the Cross - It's A Wonderful Life (1947)
-Pure Entertainment Preservation Society - Born to Dance (1936)
-Pure Entertainment Preservation Society - His cameo in Rose-Marie
-Sarah (Life of a Homeschooler) - Pot o' Gold (1941)
- And you!


Thanks for reading! I am so excited about this, are you?

MovieCritic

18 comments:

  1. I might do this. Not sure I have so much planned for this month. I will tell you if I do it ;).

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I'll put you as To Be Decided (TBD). I understand because I don't usually plan that far ahead. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so in!!! I love Jimmy Stewart. Put me down for Harvey (1950).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I was hoping you would. I look forward to your thoughts on it. :-)

      Delete
  3. Oh what fun! Can I do It's A Wonderful Life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! That is my favorite. <3 Which blog will you post it on?

      Delete
    2. Oh yippee! It'll be on The Pen and the Cross, meganchappie.blogspot.com.

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to read all the reviews! I don't know if I'll join, I'm low on inspiration and will-power right now.

    Jimmy Stewart is definitely one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I totally understand about being low on inspiration! Sometimes it seems like I really have to make myself blog.

      Oh yeah! He is so great, I always enjoy watching him in movies. :)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on hosting this blogathon! What a great topic! Jimmy Stewart is one of my favorite actors, so I have to join. I would like to write about one of his early films, "Born to Dance" from 1936. I would also like to write a small highlight about his brief role in "Rose-Marie."

    By the way, I just wanted to remind you that you signed up to participate in "What the Code Means to Me" on my website for the month of May. You have plenty of time, since you can post through the 31st. However, I just wanted to remind you. I look forward to reading what you write!

    Yours Hopefully,

    Tiffany Brannan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tiffany! I'm so glad that you were able to join. I'm always so happy to find more fans of his. I've actually thought about watching Born to Dance the last few days, but haven't gotten around to it. Maybe after I read your review!

      Oh, yes! I actually have my post planned for the 15th of this month. I'm excited to be able to participate in your series and share my thoughts on the Code!

      Delete
  6. Hello MC!! I love Jimmy Stewart as well! Hopefully I'll be able to do a post, I just don't know on what exactly yet. Maybe the movie Pot o' Gold? There are soooo many good ones!! :D. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sarah!
      He was so great. :) Oh, I haven't seen that one! But it has him in it so it has to be good. I look forward to reading your thoughts on it! :D Thanks for participating!

      Delete
  7. Hello lovely people. Just wanted to mention that Jimmy Stewart had a wonderful one-season radio show - The Six Shooter. If you're a Jimmy Stewart fan and haven't listened to it yet, you might just want to give it a shot! You can find it at the internet archive and on youtube and probably other places too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I've never heard of that. I'll have to look into listening to it! Thanks for letting us know about it!

      Delete
    2. I'll second VT's recommendation -- "The Six Shooter" is one of my favorite radio shows!

      Delete
    3. Whoa, two recommendations! Now I really need to listen to it! I'll look it up on Youtube later. :)

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles