"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Books I read in 2016

Hello!
In these last few hours of 2016, I am finally putting up which books I read in 2016, and which were my 10 favorites! Hopefully one day I will be able to review all of these...

First Time:

Princess of the Silver Woods - by Jessica Day George
Beauty - by Robin McKinley
I, Robot - by Isaac Asimov (My first sci-fi!)
Oliver Twist - by Charles Dickens
The Diary of Anne Frank - by Anne Frank
Zlata's Diary - by Zlata Filipović
The BFG - by Roald Dahl
The 39 clues: A Maze of Bones - by Rick Riordan
Storybound - by Marrisa Burt
Fridays with the Wizards - by Jessica Day George
Old Yeller - by Fred Gipson
Esio Trot - by Roald Dahl
George's Marvelous Medicine - by Roald Dahl
A Tale of Two Cities - by Charles Dickens
My Friend Flicka - by Mary O'Hara
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - by J. K. Rowling
Jane Eyre - by Charlotte Bronté
Big Red - by Jim Kjeljaad
The Hobbit - by J. R. R. Tolkien
Fablehaven: Key to the Dragon Sanctuary - by Brandon Mull
Pax - by Sara Pennypacker
The Land of Stories: An Author's Odyssey - by Chris Colfer
Santa Cruise: a holiday mystery at sea - by Mary and Carol Higgins Clark
Appointment with Death - by Agatha Christie
Lambing Out and other stories - by Mary Clearman
A Wizard of Earthsea - by Ursula K. Le Guin
Ghosts of Rockville: Search for the Dominion Glass - by Justin Heimberg
David Copperfield - by Charles Dickens
The 39 clues: One False Note - by Gordan Korman
The Little Mermaid - by Hans Christan Anderson
Emma - by Jane Austen (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
The 39 clues: The Sword Thief - by Peter Langras
The Hundred and One Dalmatians - by Dodie Smith
Great Expectations - by Charles Dickens
Hattie Big Sky - by Kirby Larson
Johnny Tremain - by Esther Forbes
To Kill a Mockingbird - by Harper Lee
2001: A Space Odyssey - by Arthur C. Clarke

ReReads:

Holes - by Louis Sachar
The Penderwicks - by Jeanie Birdsall
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - by Lewis Caroll

Favorite First Time 10: (In no particular order!)

1. Great Expectations - by Charles Dickens

2. The Hobbit - by J. R. R. Tolkien           

3. To Kill a Mockingbird - by Harper Lee

4. Pax - by Sara Pennypacker
  

5. David Copperfield - by Charles Dickens

6. Storybound - by Marissa Burt

7. A Tale of Two Cities - by Charles Dickens

8. Old Yeller - by Fred Gipson
  

9. The BFG - by Roald Dahl
  

10. Hattie Big Sky - by Kirby Larson

Read-alongs:

The Jane Eyre read-along, hosted by The Edge of the Precipice:

The Emma read-along, hosted by Seasons of Humility:

Thank you so much Hamlette and Amber!!

Oh, read-alongs I am going to be in in 2017 are:

And:

How cool Risa!! Can't wait!!

We will never have 2016 again. It was a great year in some ways, I'm glad we had it.
Happy New Year!

MovieCritic

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you read a lot of books! And ahhhh, Hattie Big Sky!! I'm so glad you read it and liked it; isn't it great? Who was your favorite character?

    Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It is always fun! Oh man, yes it was!!!!!! Hm, I'd have to say my favorite character(s) were Hattie, Mattie, Leftie and Rooster Jim. What about you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lot of books!!!! I sure most read the ones I ddin't read yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stop thanking you for you reccomendation of To Kill A Mockingbird! It was really great!! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Zlata's Diary ~ Isn't that an amazing story?
    Old Yeller ~ Love that book, though it is pretty sad.
    A Tale Of Two Cities ~ Cried over that one. But it was my first Dickens. And currently my ONLY Dickens!
    MY FRIEND FLICKA!!! ~ Oh I love that story so much!!
    Jane Eyre ~ I'm planning to read that this year.
    Big Red ~ That was a really cool story. I want to read more of the series.
    THE HOBBIT!!! ~ I think you know all about my love for that book!
    Emma ~ Emma's pretty good, but P&P is still my favorite.

    I need to rad both Hattie, Big Sky and Johnny Tremain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Yes it is!!
      2. I know, I almost cried.
      3. Yep, me too. It was my third Dickens. :)
      4. I really did like that one!!
      5. It is very good!
      6. Same here!
      7. I certainly do!
      8. Now I need to read P&P!!
      Johnny Tremain was so much better than I thought it was going to be!!!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles