"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Start of my Halloween Blog Party!

Hello!

Today is the start of my, (Post) Halloween Blog Party! To start off I am going to list a few classic Halloween books and movies. The question will be whether any of you have read/seen these, and if you read/saw this year? Note that I haven't read or seen all of these, but most of them are scary but really good. Except the Ray Bradbury one, that creeps me out! But, my mom likes it. And...We begin!

Books:

Dracula by Bram Stoker:

Frankenstein by Mary Shelly:

The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R.Tolkien:
(If you are wondering "Why this?", Gollum is my sisters worst nightmare, along with spiders.)

The Black Cauldren by Lloyd Alexander:

Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury:
(YIKES!!!!!)

The Strange Case of Dr. Jackel and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson:

The Hound of the Baskervilles by Aurther Conan Doyle:


Movies:

Casper (1995):

Frankenweenie (2012):

Ghostbusters (1984):
(I'm going with the origanal version because I haven't seen any other.)

Halloweentown (1998):

Hocas Pocas (1983):

The Nightmare before Christmas (2000):
(This is super weird and creepy, but I'm putting it anyway)

Okay, I'm going to stop because this is super long already and I should get to work on my other posts.
Oh, and I was reading through these and I noticed that I have seen all these movies, but read none of these books, but I have seen a few movie versions of these books. Goes to show you why my blog is Movies Meet Their Match, not Books Meet Their Match.
 So if you want to join, just let me know! See you tomorrow!

MovieCritic

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I like Frankenstien, The Strange Case of Dr. Jackel and Mr. Hyde, and Lord of the Rings too. :) I really like the descriptions and narrative in the first two and the slight eeriness the story has.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Frankenstien is super thought provoking! I still haven't read The Strange Case of Dr. Jackel and Mr. Hyde, but it sounds interesting! Maybe I'll read it next month to get me in the mood for Halloween. The Lord of the Rings is so good! I can't wait to reread them!

      Delete
    2. It is, and Mary Shelly's writing is so eerie. :) It's good it has a sort of poetic tone to it that most classic books have. Also there is some mystery surrounding the two and it talks a little about the change in the medical world at the time. (Without getting into disgusting details or anything.)
      -Quinley

      Delete
  2. True! Some classics really pull you in with the writing, and there is no other style like it! That was one thing that I was pleasantly surprised about because I was worried that the details would get too graphic, but it didn't. :)

    ReplyDelete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles