"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Monday, September 16, 2019

The Hobbiton Tag!

Hello, everyone!

We Lord of the Rings fans get really excited around this time of year because on the 22nd of this month is Frodo's and Bilbo's birthday! Emily who blogs at The Ones That Really Matter created this tag in honor of them, and tagged all of her followers. I knew that I had to do it. I had a movie review planned for today, but you'll be getting a lot of those in the next few days, so this will be a nice break, right?
The Rules:
1. Please use the above graphic and link back to me!
2. Answer the questions!
3. Tag as few or as many people you'd like!

The Questions:
1. You've invited Bilbo over for second breakfast. What are you serving?

The traditional Irish breakfast! I went to Ireland for about a month with my mom last year (today is actually the year anniversary of our leaving!) and I was about to experience the Irish breakfast which consists of: A fried egg or scrambled eggs, a rasher, black pudding, white pudding (both are sausages), Clonakilty sausage, fried tomato, beans (if you are near Dublin), and toast.
I know, I thought that it sounds gross and the first day I had it I thought that it was gross, but then I had it every morning. You get used to it and it tastes so good and seems very much like what a hobbit would eat.

2. It's a nice, cozy evening in your hobbit hole. What kind of hot drink do you relax with?

Tea! I drink a lot of tea. I used to be very picky and only like it a certain way, but now I drink any kind of tea, any temperature. I also really like hot chocolate.

3. You have to invite either Gollum or the Sackville-Bagginses to your birthday party. Who do you choose?

Oh dear. Well, I feel like I could entertain the Sackville-Bagginses, but I'd be really worn out.

4. Cold weather has hit the Shire. Do you curl up with a sweater or a blanket?

Answer: run around outside! I love the cold weather. I'm like Elsa.
"The cold never bothers me anyway."
In our house because we have a wood stove it gets really hot in the winter, so you don't really need either, but I'll pick a blanket.

5. Who would you rather go on an adventure with, Bilbo or Frodo?

Bilbo! I really like Frodo, and we have a lot in common because we are both INFPs (Myers-Briggs), but Bilbo is one of my favorite characters ever and I would love to spend time with him doing something adventurous.

6. You're stuck in your hobbit hole with a snowstorm outside. How do you spend your evening?

How do you know I'm not creating the snowstorm? Just joking! I would either be reading, watching a movie, or playing some kind of game with my family. Most likely Catan.

7. You're planning your birthday party. What's the entertainment: Gandalf's fireworks or Merry and Pippin's singing and dancing?

Merry and Pippin! They are hilarious and I love to laugh. It is the perfect situation! 'Cause, this is what happens when there are fireworks:

8. Of course as a hobbit, you prefer to go barefoot. But if you were the sort for such things, would you prefer fuzzy socks or cozy slippers?

Probably both, socks inside slippers.

9. Sam's brought you some of his autumn harvest! What do you make; pumpkin pie? Baked apples? Butternut squash soup? The options are endless!

That is very kind of him! It is known that I am a terrible cook (I just need more practice), but I have made an apple pie in the past, and I've never done it, but I know how to make apple sauce, so one of those.

10. It's a beautiful, crisp autumn day in the Shire. What are your plans for the day?

Probably take a walk, admiring all of the pretty leaves!
I tag:
Hamlette
Fawnabelle Baggins
Ceci
& anyone else who wants to do it!

Thank you to Emily for creating this tag. Am I just a little obsessed with being cold?

Later this month Hamlette who blogs at The Edge of the Precipice is hosting a whole week devoted to Tolkien, so click here to check it out!
Thanks to all of you for reading!

MovieCritic

8 comments:

  1. Yayyy I'm so glad you did the tag! Your answers are GREAT. I love cold weather too, so we can run around outside together. ;P

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thank you so much for creating it! I had a great time answering. :) Yes, we should! Do you want to build a snowman? ;P

      Delete
  2. *gasp* you tagged me?! Thanks!! I was looking for something to do today besides homework haha

    I loved all of your answers! Can't wait to get started!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing! Yeah, I feel you... *sneaks away from my pile of Spanish homework* ;)

      Yay! I can't wait to read your answers! :D

      Delete
  3. That Irish breakfast sounds amazing! Loved your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so fun to read! Loved your answers. AAAAAhhhhh. Now I want to go marathon LOTR. ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you enjoy them! :) Yes, me too!!! I really want to watch The Two Towers! ;)

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles