"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Monday, August 6, 2018

#CleanMovieMonth: Wrap-up

Hello!
July was #CleanMovieMonth. A huge, huge thank you to Pure Entertainment Preservation Society (PEPS) for hosting it! Please check out their wrap-up post with a summary of all the movies they reviewed in #CleanMovieMonth!

 My goal was that at least more than half of the movies I watched were in from 1934-1954. Let's just say I didn't do the best.

Total movies: 8
1934-1954: 4
Others: 4

Here are my thoughts on them, and if they were in Code.

The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956)
(Well, to be fair, I watched this and I thought that I was watching a Code movie, because I thought the dates were 1934-1956, instead of 1934-1954. So, I was trying!)
My first Alfred Hitchcock movie... I liked it. Jimmy Stewart and Doris Day do amazing jobs.  It was nice to listen to the Oscar winning song, "Que Sera Sera".
In Code?: There were some graphic deaths, but besides that, I think this is pretty "in-Code".

Ah, Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland. Read my review to see what I thought of it.

The Thin Man (1934)*
*This was my only complete re-watch of the whole month. I watched because I thought, "Hey, 1934 was in Code!" Well, not the whole year. I think this one was before the Code. The mystery is great, William Powell and Myrna Loy go excellently together.
In Code?: Didn't I just answer this? I think the Code could have improved this one just a little bit.

The Incredibles 2 (2018)
Well, I didn't mean to see this. "What? How can you go to a movie theater and not mean to see the movie?" you ask. Good question.
My mom and I were going to go see Oceans 8. We had been waiting all day for it. We get there and the theater is not playing Oceans 8, it's playing The Incredibles 2. This was particularly annoying because I had gone to the theater earlier that week to make sure that they were going to play Oceans 8. They told me they were going to! Anyway, since we had been waiting for a movie all day, we just watched it anyway.
I really enjoyed it. I have never been a fan of The Incredibles, but this sequel was awesome.
In Code?: I would say so.

The Emperor's New Groove (2000)
I actually really liked this. It was really funny, and it was an hour and a half well enjoyed.
In Code?: Uh, maybe? It deals with people trying to kill someone.

Read my review to see what I thought of it.

Follow the Fleet (1936)
Eh. I watched this for Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, and they were good. But the rest of it... eh.
In Code?: I guess, but there seemed to be too much kissing.

Forrest Gump (1994)
What did I think of it? Um... Forrest Gump is a sweetheart. Besides that... I did not like this. It won Oscars? Hh..how? Why? I just don't get it.
In Code?: Definitely no, and I think it would be sssoooo much better if it was.

And I watched bits of:
Eloise
The Phantom Menace
The Music Man
From Here to Eternity
Fantasia

Well, at least half of the movies I watched were in Code! Sort of. I don't watch that many movies in the summer, and I was gone for a bit. I had fun and I really hope to do this again next year!

Please tell me any thoughts you have on these movies!

MovieCritic

10 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back again!
    Is it bad that I still have yet to see Incredibles 2? I feel awful, but I just haven't gotten around to it... >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Gray! :D
      You're okay! My sisters haven't seen it yet either. Whenever you do see it, let me know what you think!!

      Delete
  2. I've seen Follow the Fleet as well, and had the same feelings. Besides Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, there wasn't a whole lot to like (especially the sister and best friend weird relationship side plot).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. What was the deal with that sister and best friend relationship side plot? I'm a blonde, and my older sister is a brunette, and I felt that she would have been offended if she saw it because she wants to be a teacher.

      Delete
  3. I'm seeing Incredibles 2 on Friday...hoping it's good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! Please tell me what you thought of it!

      Delete
    2. Meh...it wasn't a bad sequel. Quite predictable, I thought, but fairly enjoyable after all. :)

      Delete
    3. Oh yes, I agree with you that it was pretty predictable. But, most sequels are worse (with a few exceptions), but this one was good! I'm glad that you were able to see it!

      Delete
  4. Even I really enjoyed “Incredibles 2”. In fact, I had not watched “The Incredibles” until recently. It is only when I saw the trailer of the second instalment that I decided to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fun! I'm glad that you finally able to see it. :) Which one did you like better?

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles