"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Announcing the Pixar Blogathon!

Hello, everyone!

2D or cell block animation is my favorite kind and don't really like digital animation. That is why it surprises people when I say that I am a huge fan of Pixar movies, which only use digital animation. Ack, I love them. I've seen all but three of their films. Their colors are beautiful and they create such emotional movies. Thinking about it, they really remind me of summer and June in particular, so I have decided to host a blogathon dedicated to them!


This blogathon will run from June 12th-14th 2020 and I invite all of you to join me! I know that summer is a busy time for everyone because of the beautiful weather, and I am personally busy because I work with my dad, but we also have a pandemic going on. No one knows how long it will last, and it is such a sad and hard time right now, but I thought that we could get together and talk about these awesome movies. If you watch them you are sure to be cheered up (just maybe after crying buckets, first).

The Rules:

  1. You can write about anything that has to do with Pixar. Movies, short films, lists of favorites, you name it! Not sure which movies they made? HERE is a list.
  2. Because they have only made 22 feature films I ask that no two people review the same movie. But, you one person can talk about one film, and another can include it a list of favorites, etc.
  3. It is okay to talk about Pixar movies that you don't like (I mean, there are some that are not my favorite, too), but just be kind and considerate while stating your opinions, and remember that how much work went into each of these movies.
  4. You can do as many posts as you want, and just post them on either  June 12th, 13th, or 14th.
  5. Comment below (or email me at queen13movies(at)gmail(dot)com) with what subject you would like to cover, and with your blog name and a link to it.
  6. If you want to do a guest post on my blog talking about one of them, that is an option! Just let me know in your comment here, then make sure to email your post to me three days before the blogathon starts complete with any photos that you want to use.
  7. If you have any questions feel free to ask me!


The Buttons:

I had a ton of fun making these, and I would love that you would put one or two on your blog so that other people will find out about it and join us for the fun!









Claimed posts:

Movies Meet Their Match --- Movie Review: Brave (2012)
Revealed in Time --- Buzz and Woody's friendship in Toy Story
R. F. Gammon, Author [The Writer's Song] --- Growing up in Inside Out (2016)
The Pen and the Cross --- The Incredibles (2004)
Winchester North Star --- List of favorite Pixar shorts, & List of best Pixar moments.
Thunderbird Queen [guest post] --- A breakdown of A Bug's Life (1998).
The Classic Movie Muse --- The connection of WALL-E (2008) to Hello, Dolly!



I'm super excited for this! I hope that you can all join me!

MovieCritic

13 comments:

  1. I’m in! I actually want to do a study of Woody and Buzz’s friendship in the Toy Story franchise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! You've got it! I'm looking forward to your post!

      Delete
  2. I'll do this cuz WHY NOT??? I think I'll do a look at growing up based on Inside Out ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Faith!! :D That sounds like a great post, and I can't wait to read it!

      Delete
  3. What a fun idea! I'm not sure what/if I'll contribute, but I'll be excited to see what people come up with. :D We could all use more inspiration in our lives. <3

    (And the buttons are so cute! <3 <3)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, Olivia!! I love your excitement for this event! :D Thanks for stopping by to encourage! <3

      (I saw that you put one up on your blog and it made my day! Thank you so much!! <3 <3)

      Delete
  4. Ahhhhh what fun!! Let's see what could I do. Um. Um. Uuuuummmmmmm.

    I'll take The Incredibles. I think that's my favorite. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping that you would join, Megan!

      Oh, that will be great! Even on movies that aren't my favorite, you always convince me otherwise. ;)

      Delete
  5. This looks like a ton of fun! I looooove Pixar! I think I want to cover a few things just cause there's so much!

    I definitely want to write a list of my favorite Pixar shorts, best moments, and a breakdown of A Bug's Life. Hopw this isn't too much! Also, is it possible I could guest post with you on the Bug's Life one??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finding other Pixar fans! Oh yeah, there definitely is so much to talk about!

      Those are great choices! A Bug's Life has always been one of my favorites, and it is so underrated so I'm glad that you're going to talk about it! It can absolutely be a guest post. Send it to me by June 9th.

      Delete
  6. Sorry I'm jumping in last minute! I absolutely love Disney & Pixar & your idea! Could I please write about WALL-E? Hello, Dolly plays such an important part in the movie and I'd like to examine that connection. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeep! I'm so glad that you're joining! WALL-E is one of my favorites, and I've always wanted to see Hello, Dolly because of it, but I haven't had the chance. Looking forward to your post!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles