"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Movie Review: Miss Potter (2006)

Hello, all of you!

This will be my first movie review of 2019! I decided that it would be the first movie I watched in 2019, and I was planning on it being a movie that I had never seen before, but my whole family started watching this one that we love, so here we are! This is a fabulous movie, but I'll let you read my review.


My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless I give you warning.


Miss Potter (2006):
Based on: A true story!
"There's something delicious about writing the first few words of a story, you never know where they will take you..."
Beatrix Potter has always loved to sketch and write stories. She finally is going to be published, but the Warne brothers don't think her story The Tale of Peter Rabbit will be a hit. They assign their little brother, Norman, to her, thinking that it will discourage him from trying to be in the publishing business. Norman is set to prove them wrong, and Beatrix is set to prove that a woman can be an author, so together they make her to become one of the best selling authors of all time.
'"Who will love you?"
"I have my art and animals, I don't need anyone else."'
Genre: Biography, Period Drama, Romance.
Length: approx. 88 minutes.
Costumes: 9!
Script: 9, "Oh, let us have tea in the garden, it is too beautiful a day to not share it with the flowers."
Crew:
Directed by: Chris Noonan
Produced by: David Kirschner
Written by: Richard Maltby, Jr.
Starring:
Renée Zellweger as Beatrix Potter. "My dear Miss Potter, you are an author."
Ewan McGregor as Norman Warne.
Emily Watson as Millie Warne. "I have decided that you and I are going to be friends."
Lloyd Owen as William Heelis.
Barbara Flynn as Helen Potter.
Bill Paterson as Rupert Potter.
Lucy Boynton as Young Beatrix.
Justin McDonald as Young William.
Phyllida Law as Mrs. Louisa Warne.
Anton Lesser as Harold Warne.
David Bamber as Fruing Warne.
Cinematography: 10!
Cinematography by: Andrew Dunn
Music: 10, forever a 10! The songs "Let Me Teach You How to Dance" and "When You Taught Me How to Dance", are so beautiful!!!!!
Music by: Nigel Westlake
Quotes: 9, "The only thing true at my age is that everyday matters."
Notes: You don't want to unmarried, like Fiona. (Just joking!)
Storyline: 9, there is some drinking, and hints at scandal. 
Good For: Period Drama lovers, people who like to cry, people who have lost someone.
Overall Score: 9!
Bonus thoughts: This is so amazing. I loved it when I first saw it when I was 7, and I still love it now! Though, sometimes I don't allow myself to watch it.


Have you seen this movie? What do you think? If not, go watch it now.

Thanks for reading!

MovieCritic

14 comments:

  1. What a good sounding movie! This looks classical!
    Hope to watch it sometime!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It is definitely really nice to watch, and it isn't too long. If, and when, you get the chance, let me know what you think of it, Rakayle!

      Delete
  2. I love this sweet movie! It makes me laugh AND cry, and the casting is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, a lot of crying happens. And you are right, they cast just the right people! I couldn't imagine it with anyone else!

      Delete
  3. I've never seen this movie, but now I really want to!!! It sounds AMAZING. Those quotes are precious. <3

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you definitely should!!! It is so lovely. <3 There are so many other good quotes in there, I just couldn't write them down fast enough.

      Thank you, Lila!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that so many people have watched it! It is so good.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I love this movie!! I watched it again recently, too, and it never fails to make me smile, make me cry, and then make me smile again. It's such a sweet one! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering if you had seen it! Yes, that is definitely the order that you watch it, though there is a lot of crying. It is so sweet! <3

      Delete
  6. I LOVE THIS MOVIE SO MUCH!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty sure you did, I have seen images from it on your blog a lot!! It is so wonderful!!!!! <3

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles