"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Sunday, May 29, 2022

The Honestea Tag // Let the Spilling of Hot Beverages Commence

Good day, friends!

At the begging of May Ivy Miranda tagged me for The Honestea Tag created by from nie, and I'll be filling it out today! I have a funny history with tea. When I was younger, I would drink it from time to time because my parents did, but didn't seek it out. In 2018 I went to another country and became obsessed with tea! I was that way until June 2020 when I stopped drinking it because I thought it was making me shorter (did I mention I'm crazy?). Anyway, I started drinking tea again last October and don't drink it every day, but I love it while I'm outlining novels or doing homework late at night. It's the perfect thing! 

The main reason I wanted to do this tag was to have tons of gifs of people drinking tea, even though that is the opposite goal. But wait, what does that even mean, MC? For this tag you want the least about of these gifs, but I'll let the rules explain.


The Rules:

no lies allowed. if an answer is too shameful to expose you may substitute the answer with a gif/image of someone drinking tea.
Chloe's example →

there are optional bonus additions to questions but these are not for the faint of heart. 

if you complete the tag having answered every question + the bonus additions (no gifs used), you are dubbed a certified tea chugger, and you deserve a badge to show the world that you are not afraid of a steaming hot cup of TRUTH. 

tag at least one other person (a tea party with just one is not very fun. trust me.) untagged persons are more than welcome to fill it out as well (nothing cooler than crashing a tea party).


Guys, ever since Ivy tagged me (thank you!) I've been stashing up these gifs, so be ready for a wild ride! It's funny, lab partners have been wondering why my computer's dashboard is so full of them...

As miranda (from nie) said, a gif defining apprehension before you get started doesn't count, so here's this.

She's at a tea party, so it counts.

THE QUESTIONS

what is a 'bad' (generally disliked) movie that you actually love?

I tend to have very controversial favorites, and I think those are all masterpieces. So, while 'bad' doesn't mean a poor quality movie, I can't make myself put it in this category.


I'm just not going to say anything. Mostly because I can't think of anything, but anything I do think of I'm not inclined to state here for all the world to see. I've been very sensitive lately to backlash against things I love, so I'm not up to this today. But, those readers who have been with me for a long time, I would love your guesses! What are movies I enjoy that are generally disliked?


what is your most shocking reading habit?

I am obsessive about which books I "read" before others. Especially on Goodreads. The covers of the books I read have to go in a certain order. So, I'll read all but the last page of a book then finish others. It doesn't make sense, I know, but I can't stop. And I just think I'm getting worse.


tell us the number one lie you write in your posts.

Ouch. This is a big ask! Probably that I don't like romance in stories. I do not like R rated content, but I love connections between characters. Ships are my favorite things, and I have multiple Pinterest boards for just characters who I think should be together. I am very particular in these things.

I sometimes tell the truth in this area. If you've been reading my posts for a few months you'll confirm that I've said these two are my favorite couple of all time. Period.

tell us the worst character name you've ever thought up. {bonus: share a character name you find ridiculous in a book/movie}

Just the other day I was trying to remember all the names of all the characters I've created and I failed miserably. Probably my main character being Peter? Just because it is so basic (still my favorite name of all time, though, but not for a character). So many of my characters have bad names because I think I'll just stick something in there as a placeholder and will change it later, but I never do. I also always forget to give them last names.

I just found one, but I can't share. It's too bad.

Fine, I found an even worse one, but I'll say it anyway. King Audric of Nivalis. I often just throw assorted letters together. Nice, huh? I found it when looking to answer a question later on.

I can't answer the bonus option just because I can't think of anything. I know so many times I come across a name that I think it's horrendous, but I'm drawing a blank here! 


Okay, Quiggly Quagmire is not my favorite. I like Duncan and Isadora well enough, but Quiggly? No thank you.


what is the real reason you procrastinate writing your work in progress?

Do I even know? I usually say, "time", but is that the real reason? I guess I think it won't be any good. It will be cringy, I have no right to write or have an opinion when everyone else in the world does. It's easier for me to be quiet. 
Can you guys tell I haven't really written since December?


what is a genre of music you secretly love?

I am very vocal about my music tastes and I don't have secrets. I loathe country music but once in a great while I find something tolerable. I have a really wide range in music tastes (I bet you thought it was all just Twenty One Pilots, musicals, and movie scores. It's only mostly those things, not completely). The other day I realized I seamlessly went from listening to country to k-pop. A skill, right?



if you're a plotter, what do you really think of pansters? and if you're a panster, what do you really think of plotters?

I am officially a planster. I need structure to do ANYTHING, but also am a little lazy and never fully commit to that. So, if people can go either way I really respect them! I think it is very brave to be a pantster (how do you even spell that?) and it takes serious dedication to be a plotter. I fall more into the plotter category because as soon as I don't have something plotted I stop writing. Hey, that's the real reason I procrastinate! I don't always know the truth myself...


share at least three lines of dialogue from one of your first writing projects {bonus: give us the good stuff. your most gruesome butchering of the English language)

Oh dear. There's a reason I don't read that. Man, it's going to take me awhile to find something old...

“I cannot thank you enough, Sir--I mean, King.” He said not to say Sir or Your Majesty, but what else should I say?
“Abbi, I know you miss your father, so I will not ask you to call me that, but you cannot call me Sir or King all the time. What would you like to call me?”
“Well, I only ever called my father ‘Papa’, so I could call you Father if it is alright with you--and Mariah.”

From my very first "novel". Ouch. What is this? What is the purpose of this dialogue? What is the purpose of this story. This at least shows me that I've gotten much better now that I have a few completed works under my belt. Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to completely redo this. It may be past repair.

SO TRUE.
(Source)

tell us the title & artist of the last song you listened to. 

Send Me On My Way by Rusted Root. Right now my family is hanging out and listening to music, all picking things and adding to the queue on my sister's phone. I picked that one, because it is straight up nostalgia.

(editing me is listening to Simple Song by Passenger, so I thought I'd let you know to be 100% honest).


which beloved book/movie character do you dislike & why?

Beloved...hmm. I have put this post off for days because I. cannot. think. of. anyone. I know there are tons, I just can't think of any? Finally, I came up with one each of my sisters like but I don't, but I don't know how beloved they are for the rest of the world.

Peter Kavinsky (from the To All the Boys series). This is just from the movies (haven't read the books), but I never liked him. He annoys me tremendously, especially because I'm a lot like Laura Jean but I don't get what she sees in him. The 2nd movie is my favorite because it has the least of him and darling John Ambrose (aka Jordan Fisher). I slightly liked him in the beginning of the 3rd, then grew to like him more, then was annoyed with him AGAIN by the end.



Edmund Bertram (from Mansfield Park). The most useless Jane Austen hero. I don't get what Fanny sees in him, especially because Fanny and I are identical in every other way, no questions. He's just there. I don't have time to vent about him right now, but he's the reason I don't like Mansfield Park. Right now my sisters and I are in the middle of watching the 2009 Emma mini-series for the first time, which I've wanted to do for years. But, I'm having the hardest time with Jonny Lee Miller as Mr. Knightley because I'm so used to him being unlikeable as Edmund! 



tell us the title & topic of a post you have left in draft. 

Title: Why I Hate the Word "Good" When it Comes to Books and Movies
Topic: exactly how it sounds. Anyone interested? I should come up with a more mysterious title.

What else do I have? Oh, I'm thinking about writing one called "Story Bulimia" which is about struggles I've had with stories. Any interest in that one?


what is a book you pretend you've read/would like to read but know you never will? {bonus: share a time when claiming you've read a classic/well known book didn't end well}

I've never claimed to read a book I haven't. I'm very honest when it comes to books. Let's see, though, I've thought from time to time about reading Lord of the Flies, but I don't think its going to happen.


tell us the title & topic of the most embarrassing post you've ever written. {bonus: include. the. link.}

Presenting...My Charles Dickens Book. It was basically Bookstagram, but here on my blog. I actually had many posts titled "Presenting..." which was me just showing off my collections. It is all very embarrassing and makes me want to slam my head on a table or spit out my tea. Now I actually share a Bookstagram account with my sister, and she ensures I'm not so awkward.

Me, after reading that post.



I actually did much better than I thought I would! I'm not a certified tea chugger, but I am more honest that my sister things. (She says I lie all the time, but that's not the same as only telling part of the story).

I tag:


I think you guys are all tea drinkers, right? If not, I apologize for my mistake! What is your favorite beverage?

Thank you all for reading! I haven't been that active this month with blogging because I'm taking a summer course, but I have plans for this summer, so stick around!

In the meantime, tell me what you think of my answers! Do you drink tea? Do you have a genre of music you only rarely listen to? Do you ever expire from reading your old writing? What are your thoughts on Peter K and Edmund B? What are movies you like that other people don't? I'd love to talk about it with you!

Have a lovely rest of your May!

Chloe the MovieCritic

4 comments:

  1. HA! This is great! ALL THE TEA GIFS.

    (And hey, if it's any comfort, I don't think that Charles Dickens post is so bad. :D It was a very pretty book. Nor are your early lines of dialogue as cringey as they might be. You're too hard on yourself, m'dear.)

    I am indeed a tea drinker, so thanks muchly for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, m'dear! *sweeping bow* You can always tell when I get tooooo into something. XD

      Aww, you are so sweet! It is a fine book, isn't it? I was so proud of myself for reading the whole thing in 2016 plus other things. Now that sounds like quite the luxury, all that free time, lol. Thank you for the kind words about the dialogue, too! I think you'd especially like what I do now. ;)

      Thank you for the comment, Miss Megan!

      Delete
  2. I loathe tea, but this is such a fun tag. I may have to steal.
    It's interesting you mention not liking Peter K, because in the books, I don't like him very much. His character only grew on me after I watched the movies. Noah's portrayal of him brought more depth the character for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Steal away! Then you don't have the pressure to answer everything honestly because you don't like tea anyway...
      Interesting! I probably would feel the same if I had read the books first. I've come to find that maybe it's just Noah I'm not a fan of, because I haven't really liked his other movies I've seen, The Perfect Date and Sierra Burgess is a Loser.

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles