"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Reading Goals for March 2019

Hello!
I haven't ever done a post like this before, but I need to get something up and it sounded like a good idea.

The last two years I've had a hard time reading. I've had to read things for school or challenges... And that drains me. I stress about it, and panic about it that it no longer becomes fun, which should never happen!

This year, 2019, I have only finished two books: The Year of the Dog - by Grace Lin, and Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them - by Newt Scamander (aka J. K. Rowling) [And I read most of this in 2018]. This needs to be fixed.

Because I've been having a hard time, I decided to give myself motivation by posting a list of books I want to read in March! We'll see how well it works:


Dune - by Frank Herbert.
I've been reading all year, so far, but I'm only half way! I really need to finish this.


Emily of New Moon - by L. M. Montgomery.
Amber at Seasons of Humility is hosting a read-along for this all through out March, so I am excited to join that! More info is HERE.


Five Poisoned Apples - by Various Authors.
Ah! This has already been out for three months and I still haven't read it! I do finally have a copy ordered so I can't wait!! (Especially since I have gotten to know Skye, it is doubly exciting!!)


North & South - by Elizabeth Gaskell.
A former blogger friend has been telling me that I need to read this, so I hope to, if I can get my hands on a copy...


Some religious reading for Lent... I just don't know what yet...



That's going to be it for now, but if you have anything else to recommend, let me know!!

Sorry for the strange post, but thanks for reading! Have you read any of these? What do you think?

MovieCritic

10 comments:

  1. North and South is a wonderful book! The BBC mini-series adaptation is great as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so much about it, I can't wait! Plus, I hear that the mini-series has Richard Armitage, so that's a bonus. ;) Thanks for commenting, Kathryn!

      Delete
  2. North and South and Emily of New Moon are wonderful books! Pity I don't have physical copies of either (otherwise I would be participating in that read-along....*sobs*)

    I'm also ramping up my spiritual reading for Lent :) Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've read them both? Wow! I've heard so much about them! Even though you can't join, I'd love to read your comments on my posts. :)

      Oh, that's great! I really need to and this is a great time to do it. Any recommendations?

      Delete
  3. Sometimes I do that too, start a book and not read it for a few months ;). I don't know what books you like to read the most but Dragons in our midst by Bryon Davis is an awesome series!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes they are really good books, but you just aren't into them. :) Oh! You had me at "Dragons"! I'll have to look that up. Thanks for the suggestion, Rakayle!

      Delete
  4. Hm...I wonder if I know that 'former blogger friend'. . . Has she been neglectful of her blog friends lately? Cuz if so, I think I do know her. ;) (And she apologizes for that, by the way.)

    Let me know what you think of Emily of New Moon, too! I read the Emily Starr trilogy a few years ago, and watched all four seasons of the TV show. So I wanna hear your thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, you know each other. ;) No, you haven't been neglectful at all! You've just been busy and everyone can understand that! It happenes to me so often. :)

      Definitely! Right after I reply to these comments the first discussion post is going up! I'm liking it so far, and can't wait to see where it goes! Huh, I didn't realized that there was a TV show. Now I'm interested in that, too!

      Delete
  5. You ordered Five Poisoned Apples! I'm so excited to hear your thoughts. Best of luck with your TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm pretty sure that it will arrive tomorrow! I can't wait!! Thanks Skye!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles